Nowe poprawki do emulatora arcade Raine, emulator miło uzupełnia MAME.
Raine v0.92.6 10/01/2022
quick fix of 0.92.5 problems:
- crash if opening the sound options dialog, leaving it, and opening it again (!)
- Bad playing frequency of external audio tracks (except the raw format ones !)
- And there was a bad entry added to the hiscore.dat hosted here, it's probably me who added it, but a very long time ago, it was for viewpoint, and the syntax was a mix between the old format and the new one, and the hiscore parser didn't like it (what a surprise !). Since this file was here for more than 1 year, I fixed the parser to accept this syntax too, even if it's the only entry of this kind in the hiscore.dat ! And I added the hiscore.dat to all the binary packages, linux & windows
Raine v0.92.5 9/01/2022
Slow version this time, just some improvements for the sound
- added galaxian emulated sound
- more outstanding one at least for me was a bug in the hiscores which could wrongly reset its status for some game, I found out on some very old one, "ms pacman attacks", which is available from "multipac 1.5", it lost its hiscores a few seconds only into the game ! It probably affected some other games too.
- Lots of small fixes for emudx games, it's been a long time since I didn't touch this, by the way the initialization of emudx games crashed in 0.92.4, so if you want to test that you need this version !
- Also a lot of sound chips now correctly save their state in the savegames, games like batrider now restore correctly their sound finall
Raine v0.92.4.x 22/12/2021
- New binaries for windows, december 22nd. The gui bug was actually recent, it's because I added something so that the game part can pre-process the gui events to simplify the code and avoid to duplicate things. It pre-processed the buttondown event, but not the buttonup, yeah I might have gone a little too fast on this one ! Anyway 2 new binaries, probably the last ones for 0.92.4 this time, it's for windows only of course.
Raine v0.92.4.x 21/12/2021
- Got a new idea for this mess between d-pads and sticks, and easy to implement, so I just uploaded a new binary still with the same version, compilation date december 21st this time, I hope it will be the last !
- The idea is very simple, I should have thought about it earlier: when receiving an event from the d-pad, just cancel any event coming from the sticks until a stick move of at least 16000 in value, which is half the maximum distance it can move in any direction. This replaces the previous dead zone detection which didn't work with some models. This filtering is done for the games and for the gui, so it should fix everything.
Raine v0.92.4 20/12/2021
- ... So the main fixes are around the game controllers, and the dead zone of some which canceled the moves from the d-pad. Also there are about 100+ new recognized game controllers for linux, and 400+ for windows...
- ...The other big part is the improvement for cps2 rasters, and the priorities in xmvsf, notice the priorities are still not perfectly emulated, there are probably places left in some cps2 games where there are problems.. Except that most of the emulated games are now rendered in 16bpp because most of the emulated games have color palettes of 16bpp or less. 2 exceptions: the taito f3 games, and macross +, for these 2 it's still 32bpp, for all the others it's 16bpp. The reason ? Smaller bitmaps, so it's faster to draw and faster to render to screen...
- ...And there were problems with some taito f3 games, especially in 64 bits, but even in 32 bits there was a black screen for puchcar on boot because of a recent fix. All this should be fixed now...
... and fix
- I took the time to fix the dpad in the gui which I completely forgot. Actually xbox controller dpad worked, it's only the playstation dpad which didn't work since it isn't advised as a hat. For info in sdl-1.2 versions the playstation controller had no chance to see its dpad work in the gui because it wasn't seen as a hat at all. Anyway now the hat works in the gui only if the controller is recognized, otherwise you'll just have to use the stick or the keyboard.
- There was also a small bug in dealing with controllers events, this one probably could show only if using more than 1 gamepad at the same time. So I'll upload 2 new binaries with the same version number. Just check the compilation date it should show december 20... there is no proxy on this server afaik, so redownloading the file should work without problem.
- also I took back the options to control the automatic repeat of joystick events in the gui. They were removed from sdl2 for the bad reason that it's easy to do without it, actually I used only the 2 constants for the default delay and then interval for the auto repeat. Anyway it's back in the options, and it works (and the default interval is now 50 instead of 30, which was too fast).
Raine v0.92.3 11/12/2021
- the sound associations were deleted if you loaded any game which had some. This reason alone was enough to make a new binary to avoid that people delete all their associations !
- Yet another gui problem where the loading dialog was zoomed too much. Fixed, and the default is now to use opengl for rendering, which makes much more sense since it has more options and is much more tested.
- cps2 rasters are better, see the details in the 0.92.2 thread if you want to know how.
- ...and the joysticks configuration changes again, which obliged me to reset again the keys configuration since they are saved with the keys. Sorry, it should be the last time I do that. This fixes a conflict between the hat of a gamepad and a stick direction if the gamepad was not recognized as an sdl2 game controller. This one was hard to precisely pinpoint, but anyway it's fixed too.
Raine v0.92.2 8/12/2021
It's still mainly about fixing the sdl2 issues, the only emulation change is the addition of some rasters emulation for cps2, finally, but I didn't test that a lot (actually only on the lava level in attract mode for msh !), so don't expect miracles. It's easier to emulate than the neogeo rasters though, so it's fast. Except that :
- mouse wheel fixed again
- the gui handles some strings too long to be displayed properly (they are cut now, but the default is still a small 640x480 window for raine, so just change that to fullscreen or anything bigger before complaining !)
- fix broken screenshots in opengl
- some experimental game controllers mappings for mer-curious, we'll see how it goes...
- the option to use the dpad for movement only or to be able to remap it when the dpad is recognized (game controllers)
- and some little details (more default inputs for the joysticks, the hats are handled again natively for unknown game controllers...).
Raine v0.92.1 3/12/2021
- It's mainly something to fix the little problems of 0.92... The dlls change again to address the incompatibility with xp of the previous set in 32 bits (there seems to be other problems with xp related to the 3d, but at least it's not a stupid message from microsoft to tell you are not allowed to run this in xp anymore !), and it's changed too for the 64 bits version because it allows me to make both versions the same way, + it's almost half the size of the previous archive. The only dlls packages listed in the download page are the ones required for the latest version, so just update and it should be ok.
- Except that, mostly fixes for 0.92 as I said. The key codes change again, we switch to all scancodes to be able to have default keys which don't change with each international mapping, but you have nothing to do here, it will overwrite all the keyboard configuration if it reads an config file from the previous versions. The joysticks use some saner defaults too but for them I didn't overwrite the config sections in case you have something fixed on your side which is different from the default. The famous bug found by mer-curious which prevented special moves from the right side in msh is fixed, and there was again a problem with merged inputs which should be fixed for good this time. Also you have the option of integer scaling in opengl. I tested it, and I am not convinced, there's no real improvement in the scaled image for me, but I left the option, you can test it and report in the forum. (The option is in "renderer options" for opengl). Also sdl is updated to 2.0.18, actually they mostly add new functions, it's very different from sdl-1.2 which was frozen in time, for now I don't use them, but updated anyway...
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.96.7 24/01/2024
Raine v0.96.7 24/01/2024
Most of the changes in this one are for the dos version and were released as 0.96.6 for dos anyway, but :
- fixed an amazing bug for pengo which was here since 0.43.2, that was in september 2005 !!! See the thread in the forum if you want details.
- galaga will now display a message when loaded if it can't find anything for the explosion sample, you can ignore it, it's for info.
- gui fixes: games states, transparency, length of game title + size at bottom of screen.
- a new "color theme", it was just because I noticed the dos version had actually 3 color themes, but it was done simply by rotating the colors rgb values, here it's a little more involved. Anyway the red theme had been forgotten in the sdl versions...
Raine v0.96.6 9/01/2024
Ok, just release 0.96.6, no new topic because it's exactly the same kind as the previous one, small things. The difference is that this time there is no new game :
- what I hope will be the curl final fix, see a few posts higher in this topic for more info, everything should finally work as expected, it will create html files for index in the raine directory when needed.
- a fix for savegames in the gui which showed by mistake the clones saves at the same time, this thing is never used, really.
- the neogeo saveram can be saved by game to preserver hiscores, or shared as the neogeo hardware did and as we did until now. Option in neogeo/neocd options.
- Fixed the colors selection in the gui (gui options / colors), they were broken since the switch to sdl2 ! and slightly improved the look of the green theme by the way.
- The old behavior of the sdl1 gui where menus appeared behind dialogs in transparency is restored, it's only for dialogs, those having a black title bar. You can update the blue theme either by going to gui options / colors / revert to... and choose green, then blue, then exit and the colors are updated. Or edit the bg color in this same menu, and set alpha to 0xc0, same result. Or you can do nothing to keep the old one, but then don't complain if the transparency makes things hard to read sometimes !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.96.5 5/01/2024
Raine v0.96.5 5/01/2024
All the motivation of mer-curious brought this, it's mainly for samsho2pe, "samurai shodwon II perfect hack v1.8", thanks to the info found in final burn neo. This is a special hack this time since it adds a new memory rom mapping to the neogeo driver, never seen before in raine.
Except that I got rid of index_roms.html finally, this file was here as a quick way to get the roms sizes, but actually using the head http command is more efficient (!), and got a proper fix for this weird green screen bug that mer-curious had in windows for way too long... !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.96.4 1/12/2023
Raine v0.96.4 1/12/2023
- Fix a sound problem in Samurai Shodown RPG translation.
It's related to the changes done for sdl2, previously the soundcard was just opened in 44.1 KHz for neocd, no matter the configuration.
Raine v0.96.3 15/10/2023
Gunbarich is a new psikyosh game, so 32 bits only, it's a crazy breakout, but with the standard joystick as input. Except that the fixes :
- fixed loading roms from internet archive when there are multiple rom names known and the 1st is not the one in internet archive, I noticed this one while doing a new raine install at a friend's... ! This bug was added in 0.96.2 because I wanted to have a visible error when the rom size wasn't found, well it wasn't found for all these games with multiple names !
- fixed a crash in the 32 bits version when trying to use any game using the 6502 cpu, there was a conflict between the 6502 and the sh2 because of an endif and a misplaced break... !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.96.2 28/09/2023
Raine v0.96.2 28/09/2023
Earlier than what I thought because of some rather big bug found, but I took the opportunity to fix a few more things :
- fixed the hiscore saving for tgm2 / tgm2p (a new @delay command in the hiscore.dat for these 2)
- fix a crash when starting acrobatm or any game in the nmk driver actually, and fixed an older bug which prevented these games from starting
- Finally added the roms info so that the new sh2 games can be downloaded from internet archive
Raine v0.96.1 27/09/2023
Fixes for the left out bugs from yesterday, plus adding a last game :
- fixed the bad ymf278b emulation, sound is normal again for all games using this chip which include the sh2 games
- fixed the bad palette for dragon blaze
- added s1945ii (including hiscore saving, cheats and there is a new history file).
Which should make a much more solid version than the one from yesterday.
Raine v0.96 26/09/2023
(...)So in the end the sh2 additions are for the 32 bits version only, as planned. It might be possible to add the sh2 emulator from kronos for the 64 bits version, but I lacked time and motivation to do that lately. It's still possible it will eventually happen in the future, but not guaranteed, in case you didn't notice there are things going on around here which prevent me from doing what I want lately, and it's very possible that I stop raine soon. It was an incredible adventure anyway, I would never have thought that it would have lasted for so long !
To be more precise about the new stuff : gunbird2, strikers 1945 iii, tetris the grand master 2 and 2+, sol divide, and dragon blaze are added and playable. Dragon Blaze has some serious graphical glitches, I didn't emulate everything for the video emulation in this driver, but I decided it has been long enough since the last version and it's really time to release something now. This version uses "gens sh2", which is the sh2 emulator from Stéphane Dallongeville. The new games have hiscores saving, history, and cheats. Console support for the new sh2 is partial, but it's enough to get all this.
Except that the 64 bits version gets what was discussed before summer but never released in a binary form, mostly some text updates from mer-curious, the additions of some samurai shodown clones (samsh5fe & samsh5pf), some surprising fix for the neocd games with a width of 320 (most neocd games have a with of 304 pixels), sgemf region bytes and the region clones are removed for this game, and the console mode script for sgemf from ffman1985, all this has been in git since june, but if you don't compile it's the 1st official binary release. Of course all this is also in the 32 bits version, but the 32 bits version is the only one getting the sh2 stuff since it's in x86 assembly language.
linux builds updated, the 32 bits version obliged me to make a 0.96.0a because of a stupid bug in xgettext which refuses to accept an utf8 character in an input file when it should, and the 64 bits build obliged me to make a 0.96.0b because gens_sh2 was not correctly disabled for the 64 bits build in linux ! What a mess, but anyway everything is updated now.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.95.5e 01/06/2023
Raine v0.95.5e 01/06/2023
Ok 0.95.5e posted, no dll inside, you'll have to download the dlls32-0.95 or dlls64-0.95 package again if you install in an empty dir, sdl2 got updated to 2.26.5.
The changes are:
- a lot of neogeo games which had an horizontal resolution of 304 pixels are back to the normal 320 value, that's the biggest fix in this one. sfz3j which had been removed in 0.95.5d is back since sfa3 doesn't contain the text from japan !
- Also removed the japan region for all the sfa3 games and clones.
- And re-enabled the workaround for some green colors in windows when displaying the green cross in the gui, I can't reproduce anymore this one here, mer-curious is the only one who can for now, more feedback welcome.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.95.5d 28/05/2023
Raine v0.95.5d 28/05/2023
- And I just posted the binary for 0.95.5d, the very last update for this 0.95.5 version. Just what we discussed in the past week, some improvements for the ips support (mainly load_continue support, but also the way the .dat files text is displayed), and the option to mute the sfa3 announcer in sound options.
Raine v0.95.5c 21/05/2023
- just posted 0.95.5c version, there are very few changes inside, mainly the few text changes from mer-curious, the change to allow more ips files, 2 new cheat files from ffman1985: sfa3 and sfa3jr2, and that's all. It's just that there is nothing big in the works for now, so there is no real reason to wait for the ips fix.
- 0.95.5b was linux only to fix a make install problem.
- And there should not be any 0.95.5d !
Raine v0.95.5 14/05/2023
It started by ffman1985 scripts. Found a way to make them compatible with the normal cps2 versions and not just the phoenix versions. Then he noticed the sound associations didn't work well in cps2, normal since they were never really tested. He says there is a site in the internet with re-arranged versions of the cps2 tracks which sounds very nice with the associations... so they are fixed now, it was much easier than neogeo, their major commands stay the same for all drivers. Then I used the cheats to convert some region bytes switches to some regions which can be changed in raine gui, it allowed to identify region clones, that is clones whose only difference is the region byte itself, and get rid of them since we can now change the region to whatever we want. Notice some games like choko don't have english texts for the non japenese versions, which is not a surprise. Then there was the problem of some long standing graphical glitches because of the dreaded priority masks. So I finally added some emulation for these priority masks, it's quite amazing that the driver worked quite well without them for all this time actually ! (and thanks go to mame for their code, even if I couldn't believe it for very long, they probably spent a long time to find this).
Except that :
- the list of games now using the console scripts from ffman1985 is longer, see his thread for details. Here it is: hsf2d, sf2cejc, sf2ce, sf2hfj, sf2hf, sf2j, sf2, sf2ad, sfa, sfz2ald, sfz2alj, sfz2al, ssf2ud, ssf2xjd, ssf2xj, xmcotar1d
- progear had been broken for 1 year ! It's now fixed.
- the ips files can now be bps files when referenced in a .dat file. If you don't know what bps files are, never mind !
- some minor fixes in the multiple files selector for "load ips dat files"
- since they never fixed sdl2_image 2.6.x which does not return palettes anymore for 256 colors png, I finally merged the right version of their load_png function to be able to keep the color cycling in the raine dialog on systems with a recent sdl2_image (linux only !)
- raine can optionally be compiled using clang, it's mainly useful for debuging
- add back button in game controllers to switch between dialog headers and main parts in the gui
- Plus some minor stuff... !
Raine v0.95.4b 26/04/2023
- And you got a 0.95.4b, a bug specific to windows and which doesn’t happen all the time displayed very weird script error messages. And the lua label was missing for the lua console script for sf2, that’s all so it’s sill 0.95.4, just an update.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.95.3 6/04/2023
Raine v0.95.3 6/04/2023
Fixes only this time, there were quite a few annoying ones, plus a surprise from long past, a fix for 64street & chimerab attract mode! For these 2 to say the truth the fix itself was found by Haze for mame around version 0.170 so quite a long time ago already, and then found in the github web interface by Antiriad, and finally adapted by me to raine ! This bug made me crazy, such a simple memory map for such a crazy effect, no move during attact mode... It turns out it's something very similar to the nmk driver, they push what they can do with the 68000 to the limit, write bytes are mirrored to words in their main ram ! Actually this bug had been here since 0.28 and before, but I saw it only when testing the turbo key behavior, so it's a very special bug !!!
Anyway except that the more classical bug fixes are :
- better message for broken ips .dat files
- Ignore repeated keys ! I had some trouble with the turbo key DEL, which must be held down as long as you want the acceleration to occur, but after a while it created havoc. It's because sdl2 handles key repetition and I missed it completely ! It's fixed now.
- console: fix breakpoints for 68k cpus which I had stupidly broken when adding the z80 breakpoints !
- The multiple files selector used for ips dat files doesn't loose its selection anymore when resizing the windows
- Still for ips dat files: when no dat files are selected delete the corresponding ini file when leaving the directory or closing the dialog
- some more fixes to this multiple files selector... !
- a fix for a crash I got in the console while copying and pasting info from the console
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.95.2 2/04/2023
Raine v0.95.2 2/04/2023
- there were a few bugs in accessing some files in the appimage which pushed me to fix quite a few paths which were wrong also for windows, it's a miracle that some functions worked in windows, maybe I didn't test them enough, and it explains mer-curious problems with the ips files ! (and it's a crazy bug, sometimes a path with / is accepted, but sometimes not)...
Raine v0.95.1 1/04/2023
- a lot related to the new file selector for the ips dat files
- supports some very basic editing of the .ini files in the ips directory, don't abuse it, these files are not supposed to be edited, but it should tolerate // at the beginning of a line and empty lines
- Sample rate was wrongly initialized to 11 KHz if you launched raine without any config file (brand new install) and called the sound options dialog before loading any game. Most users would change manually this frequency rate in this case, but anyway... ! Now the sample rate take is the one returned by SDL_GetAudioDeviceSpec in all cases.
- speed hacks are disabled by default in neogeo options, too tiresome to track the list of games which don't support them.
- the music which was gone during the neogeo logo for aodk is back ! It was related to some very technical neogeo hardware initialization, see the source if you want details.
Raine v0.95 24/02/2023
- an old bug in sdl2-2.0.20 which obliged me to make a workaround seems to have disappeared, the checkboxes are all green again in the windows version of raine (there was exactly 1 white line before to work around this bug, it was barely noticeable).
- move "preload ips" to the game selection dialog, idea from mer-curious and he was right on this one.
- the crash when there is an empty ips folder and you select anyway "preload ips dat file" and then click on the ".." which appears is fixed, you won't even see the .. now, you'll just get an error message telling the directory is empty !
- it's advised to update for all windows users, the new packages are dlls32-0.95.7z for 32 bits and dlls64-0.95.7z for 64 bits.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.94.12b 20/02/2023
Raine v0.94.12b 20/02/2023
- Mostly for using SLASH instead of '/' to separate directories otherwise it isn't compatible with windows, but except that I had the time for :
- Fixed a few stupid segfaults in the console due to the recent script changes
- I had forgotten to include some cheat file for the new kof2002 clone, it's fixed.
- while I was at it I added an experimental script to block the selection timer in kof97 since it seems it's impossible to find an ips which doesn't conflict with the training mode to do it. It works, but once you have selected your character you must disable the script otherwise the game will never start !
Raine v0.94.12 20/02/2023
Yeah this version is mainly about the support of these ips files found on the net, the best source so far was found by mer-curious, see his topic on the subject in the forum if you are interested. So the dat files and the ips must be placed in an ips directory that raine will create next time you run it, or you can create it yourself (for linux it's in ~/.raine/ips ). The format is the one already used by these packs of dat files you can find on the net, subdirectories with the short name of the game containing the dat files + ips files related. A word of caution: it's the crazy bootleg world, some patches are not stable alone, and you add to the risk if you enable more than one, raine will warn you about conflicts it finds while applying the patches though.
So the 2 ways to apply them are through the command "preload ips dat file" which appears at the top of the main menu if no game has been loaded. It opens a file selector where you can select any dat file you want to add for a particular game in the ips directory. Your choice is saved in this same ips directory in an ini file with the short name of the game. You can either return to this function later to uncheck the dat files you chose if you don't want them anymore or just delete the ini file. Raine will check for conflicts when you load the corresponding game and will warn about them at the end of loading.
And the other is once the game is loaded, it can be applied only to code roms, from ips files only, not dat files, and it works only when the rom patched is in the right format, it's very specific and it was the only thing I wanted to add at first before being convinced to add the rest.
Except these ips features, you'll find :
- a new kof2002 clone, kf2k5uni which was mainly added to test an ips dat file... !
- a new setting to choose to have the profiler (f11 key) to display its % based on sdl2 performance counters instead of the rdtsc. It's a good option if the frequency of your cpu changes all the time, it's a good try if you have doubts about the results anyway.
- a new script command: stop, see help in the console for details.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.94.11 17/02/2023
Raine v0.94.11 17/02/2023
I hadn't planned to make a 0.94.11, but things didn't go as planned, and ffman1985 found new ideas to make crazy scripts, so...
- daioh displays correctly its controls in the gui, and not as a 6 buttons fighting game anymore
- update for the turbo key (DEL by default): it was still displaying the fps as an int when it has been a float for years now, so its display was totally wrong, it now displays the fps reached while the speed was unlimited, and opengl double buffer is temporary disabled when using this so that the speed is not limited by the video hardware.
- fix bad color for the status bar in the cheats dialog when there is a message...
- fix for a crash in 32 bits, it happened in linux, but it could happen in windows too, it was a stack misalignment because starscream uses 4 bytes boundaries and the SSE functions in sdl2 require 16 bytes boundaries (which is huge !). There is a function attribute to fix that, so it's fixed simply but it was hard to find.
Except that on scripts
- you can now make hidden scripts which don't show in the gui dialog. It's useful only if you want to start it like you would call a procedure in a high level language by using the start_script command. It allows to move a block from a script there. It's more an experiment, I find the thing hard to use, but it was easy to make, so I keep it in case it's useful one day. Just replace the "script" command by "hidden", same arguments, same syntax, it just doesn't appear in the gui.
- Better error messages: I added the error messages at lightning speed, but there were case where they were really not very helpful. Now you can see which script triggered the error, in which section and what line. And if it's in a run: section, the script is stopped to avoid an endless loop of errors !
- poke extension, can use a string of any length as the value to poke, the string must be enclosed between ' ' or " ", there is a foum post with an example, and it's in use in the xmcotar1d script (Console script).
- The big optimization of the scripts: they now preserve their parsed result to avoid to redo the stuff in each frame. Now I got some very strange behavior from windows and I still didn't understand everything here, but windows execution appears slower than linux for some reason (see the script cpu load in the Misc section of the profile display, f11 key). The 64 bits binary seems ok, I am not totally sure about the 32 bits binary, I saw it working well, but not always ! I don't know what triggers this slowdown, maybe with time I'll have more ideas. What I can say is that even when it works at its best, it's still slower than the linux version, I get 2% only in Misc while the console script is in startup (when you just start it), even with a non optimized debug build ! So see by yourself, your results might vary.
Raine v0.94.10 6/01/2023
The big focus of this one is the fix around the cps2 driver for the win64 binary, but since these are some bugs which can affect all the versions even if it's less obvious for the others, everyone should update. See the forum thread for the gory details about this bug.
Except that :
- added some rnd() function to the console to get some random number, help included, I also added some help for the basic peek/dpeek/lpeek functions.
- New GUI options: "background animation" to eventually stop the background animation for those who suffer from motion sickness, and "Autostart drivers", essentially for me, when I don't want the driver to start in the background as soon as it's loaded.
- some minor text changes "Action Replay cheats" -> "Game cheats".
- Oh yeah there is an optional update for the dlls, I removed 4 dlls from the big list by tweaking the build settings for freetype, these are not the biggest ones, but they sure were useless in windows, so it's a little better. You can keep the old version, the update doesn't bring anything except removing these 4 dlls, and I should probably rename the dlls to some other package because I am bound to have some incompatibilities with old versions, but it will be for next time... !
- And I finally used a script to update the windows binaries to avoid the kind of mistake of last time !
Raine v0.94.9 4/01/2023
Bigger archive than usual because new sdl + new muparser + new history.dat inside !
Except that :
- it's mostly the big update of the translations. I couldn't contact the spanish or the italian translator, so only the french and brazilian ones are really updated, for the others it's just the minimum updates so that they continue to work. mer-curious sent more patches to change some texts in the english GUI too.
- added some console functions to handle save states from a post in the forum, we'll see if it's useful or not
- added the ability to choose a japanese font, see the thread about that in the forum for details (it's optional). For the drivers which had a japanese name, you can now see it from the About dialog, "Driver information"
- fix a weird crash in windows 64 bits only when using -nogui and a cps2 game (probably related to gcc, used a dummy statement to work around it), and fix another bug related to -nogui when you call the cheat dialog using the keyboard shortcut despite the fact that you started with -nogui !
- arkangc : finally discovered that the 1st bit of the dipswitch is used for the initial ball speed in this version, it's now handled correctly (I used the cheats to control the ball speed with it so far).
- fixed some bug in the controls related to mouse buttons, especially for the right mouse button (found out while trying to use the new trick to access the 50 last levels in "arkanoid returns", there is another topic in the forum about that).
- fixed controller mapping while translating it: the joystick index was wrong, and the window to define the mapping only appeared the 1st time you used this function !