Poprawki do Raine plus parę brakujących (nie)zbędnych plików, które umilą emulację maszynek arcade/neogeo.
Raine v0.91.18 19/06/2021
- I might have released 0.91.16 & 0.91.17 too fast, but this one finally holds its promise: all the cps2 games supported (at least those using qsound, gigaman2 being a bootleg without any z80 rom it's out of the list, I even added it to non working games !).
- Except that I finally added some breakpoints in the console for the z80 which helped me a lot to finish this. And updated the help for the regs and break commands, still in the console.
Raine v0.91.17 19/06/2021
- The cps2 music detection was crap in the previous version, here is the fixed version !
- This one is based on reading the code in the z80 rom and using directly a table which describes the sounds to play, so it's very reliable to detect if something is a music, but it doesn't work for all the roms, it works for the majority though. For those which don't work (mainly the oldest ones including cps1 qsound and the newest ones !) the sound commands dialog is simply disabled. Anyway it's good enough for me for now... sorry for the double release !
Raine v0.91.16 18/06/2021
- This version fixes the sound commands for matrimelee and adds support for cps2 games... yeah all of them, even the cps1 games using qsound. It's still quite experimental for the cps2, but it seems functional enough for a release...
Raine v0.91.15 30/03/2021
It's almost only fixes, but there are quite a few :
- unlikely incompatibility between mslug2 & pbobblen, this fixes both this time.
- there were some problems in neocd with speed hacks, they are now disabled for the kof games and kabukikl
- still on neocd, there was a crash when reading an audio track merged with the main data track, this worked before, but anyway it's fixed.
- old capcom savegames prior to some time in march 2020 couldn't be restored anymore, I added a callback to fix things on the fly, it might not work for all the games, I don't have savegames for all of them, but it should work for most of them.
- the year is updated automatically now
- there was a strange "stack smash" on my laptop when opening the console, it happens only on this computer, which has exactly the same software setup as my main computer, so it's probably a gcc bug, but for now I disabled their stack protection to work around that, even if it's required only for 1 file related to the console, I disabled it everywhere.
- the scripts can now handle more than 100 arguments, required for some cheats about the starting level !
- fix pbobble2/2o/2x always on help line cheat
- fix pbobble2 alternate world levels cheat
- fix cheats comments containing ", and handle multi-line comments for cheats, the bottom line of the screen will "flash" if the comment is too long, just click on it to get the full comment. Example of such a cheat: the last one for strider.
- ... and by the way finally update the default background color to be darker and less transparent, I did it here on my default settings a long time ago but I should have committed it, here it is, handy to be able to read these big comments for the cheats. (if you keep your settings while updating and want to try the default new color, just delete the bg_color line in rainex_sdl.cfg/raine32_sdl.cfg in the config directory).
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.21 13/11/2021
Raine v0.91.21 13/11/2021
- fix burning fight and "fatal fury 3" in 64 bits
- fix the inputs for irrmaze and popbounc: this is very specific to these games since they are the only neogeo games which can use a paddle. Originally there was a specific bios for these games, but in asian only and it's now unavailable. Unibios has a workaround built inside apparently, and so you'll need a version of unibios to run these games with the mouse (it might be possible to use popbounc with the joystick). For popbounc, you choose which input to use with the soft dips, you can change this in real time in the raine dialog for that, in "neo-cd/neo-geo options" once the game is loaded. Tested only with unibios 3.2 and 4.0, works with both, mouse is not recognized with the standard european mvs vers 2 bios. Hum, don't try to move the mouse while the game is initializing... !
- added some basic setting to slow down the modern mice ! You can configure that in the inputs dialog, the setting is saved when you quit raine (with the quit command as usual, closing the program by any other mean doesn't save the config). It can only be slowed down, modern mouses are already too fast for the low resolution of these games. This setting should be used by all the games using the mouse of course...
- a few misc fixes, like the break console command which didn't work anymore with starscream
- recent versions of curl forbid spaces in the urls so I had to work around that, this fix is useful only for linux, I didn't update curl for the windows version.
→ [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.13 12/02/2021
Raine v0.91.13 12/02/2021
- the main problem this time is in the 64 bits build, all the kabuki games were broken (pang, super pang, block, pengo, and quite a few cps1 games).
- Also fixes chasehq and continental circus graphics. chasehq and night striker gain a region switch too.
- And a last fix (hopefully !) for the sound associations with kof99, a song which never stopped during the intro.
→ [Atari] AtariOnLine: "Rainer" uwolniony!
→ [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.12 28/01/2021
Raine v0.91.12 28/01/2021
- Cabal (cabalbl) is finally fixed, graphics and sound. The kind of game which seems easy to emulate and which is tricky. This one is quite different in raine, we don't have at all the same way to handle the samples (but thanks for finding the crazy bitswap for the sound command !).
- neogeo/neocd saves didn't contain the 68000 bank, it's fixed (problem hard to locate though !).
- a last fix for the sound associations, the one included in the test build earlier.
→ [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.11 25/01/2021
Raine v0.91.11 25/01/2021
- sound associations fixes for kof98/99/garou and aof3, see mer-curious post
- big toaplan2 update finally. Changes for the romsets : batridera becomes batriderja (mame name), added batsuguna (which is the old batsugun we had before if I remember correctly) and batsugunsp (which is really a special version and not a stupid clone), bgarreganv which was supposed to be a new version of battle garegga, but good luck to find what's changed inside, also bgareggat2 which is supposed to be "type 2", same comment, and bbakraidja which was the old bbakraid. kgpe becomes kingdmgp, same game but different crc for the rom and official mame name, comes with cheats so it's better. sstriker had been mistakenly removed from the list of drivers so it's back, with a new clone, sstrikerk. Also batrider and bbakraid gain the biggest region switch ever seen in raine with 25 countries inside ! Not 25 languages though of course, it's japenese or english for the language, but it's still impressive ! Also there are some new fixes for batsugun inside to handle the graphical glitches, it should be ok until the end of stage 3 if I remember wel, the big boss here is still too black but it's much better than before anyway !
- peekaboo didn't run in 64 bits, specific problem to the emulation there, it's fixed but there are still emulation problems.
- added new clone tetristh which is like tetrist but on some different taito hardware (taito h), but it's exactly the same game though, it's more a curiosity.
- new cheats for the new clones, kingdmgp, tetristh, batsugunsp, sstriker (it's not a clone but it was gone !).
- you couldn't disable the shaders without quiting in this 0.91 version, fixed now (at least in linux, but probably in windows too).
- fixes again region switch for lots of games which got broken when changing something else lately. The list of affected games is big, found out for syvalion.
- avoid deleting a rom when downloading with curl: if trying to get a clone which doesn't exist on the server but it is on the disk without its parent, then the clone was deleted ! Now it's not at least !
- makaiden didn't load its correct gfx rom, so it looked exactly like its parent (very old bug since 2010 !).
- And some big source changes to make rom structs more readable and a little smaller, it should have been done long ago, but there is always something else to do... !
→ [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.10 26/10/2020
→ [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.9 07/08/2020
- Just some quick hot fixes:
mainly the region selection which was broken for neocd,
a bad sound in opwolf which has been here since the old dos days of 0.28 and before,
wrestlefest is back with some updated cheats, incredible that I didn't get any post about that finally, but I don't miss them (it was badly updated last time),
truxton2 / snowbros 2 were hanging if using the 32 bit version (with mz80),
and the status & clones settings from the game selection list are saved.
The big thing in this release is a fix for the gui display bug in fullscreen, it's not ideal, it currently uses some deprecated api in sdl-1.2, I have tested it only with a windows 10/nvidia system (and linux), so I can only hope it will work everywhere, I'll need some feedback here. The idea is just to try to display the gui in opengl since the bug prevents a proper restoration of the screen to display a non opengl gui. Oh well, just switch to fullscreen, test and report !
- a dos version ! This is the result of finding a djgpp version of gcc in arch, read about it there: There is only a version using allegro for sound for now because it's the sound driver with the best results with "recent" sound cards, if you really need seal to support some extremely old sound card, post something !
- the status & clones settings of the game selection list are now saved and restored
- there is a new cache for the rom directories, it was made mainly for the dos version in an emulator, but it will have an effect everywhere. If you use a rom directory on a removable device, a dvd for example, and you change the dvd while raine is running, the list won't be updated, you'll need to restart raine for that.
- the borderless window was updated since it was useless in windows, now it tries to emulate fullscreen, that is, the window is placed at 0,0 with a full size, the idea was to try that against the bug which hides the gui in fullscreen, but it failed, the bug also shows with this kind of window ! I kept it anyway, now when you switch to a borderless window the window is maximized.
- some fixes for -romcheck and -rcf, and fixed the archive name for bubbolbr1
- it's all bug fixes inside :
- rcf didn't work with romsets using LOAD_CONTINUE (like sonicwi3), it's fixed
- sf2m8 used a dummy rom load instead of a FILL which created a romcheck error.
- don't consider neogeo games as clones of the neogeo bios in the games display
- fix broken iso.gz support for neocd (usually compressing an iso to iso.gz without touching the cue file at all used to work, it was broken in 0.91.6 because of the changes there).
- and neocd again: when trying to guess an audio track name and there is no cue file, check the extension to avoid to select a picture as an audio track !
→ [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.90.7 11/04/2020
- 0.90.7 released, the only changes inside are the custom inputs which are all saved now instead of just what changed from the default inputs, and the small gui fix for dialogs which could have the text of their dialog bar cut if the resolution was too low.
- I just noticed I forgot the cheats.cfg file in all the 0.90 versions, so you can either get it from a previous version, it hasn't changed since 2017, or get it from here and drop the file in the raine config directory... Finally re-uploaded both binary archives with a filled config directory. Missing files were :
- neocheats.cfg: cheats for neocd/neogeo
- cheats.cfg: cheats for other games
- debug_dips.txt: info to access debug dips for neogeo / neocd
→ [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.90.6 Fix
- fixed also the display of the Region menu when you 1st load a game, it was just displaying Region without anything until the game is run, it was just silly, a misplaced initialization, should have been fixed long ago...
- It also contains the new limit to 320x200 for the game bitmap for those crazy enough to play with this kind of setup.
- Anyway 0.90.6 released !
- For info, a new bug was just fixed, when loading a neocd game which changes its resolution after being loaded you got a totally distorted screen (...)
- (...) Ok, added 2020, it gives me an excuse to call this one 0.90.5, even if the fix inside is really for the 64 bits version and specific to cps2.
For the changes from 11/20/2019, well it was a 64 bit version only 1st, for the rest, there ae quite a few changes, I was tempted to send you to the git log, but I agree that the default version in github is a little terse, you need to click on the commits to get the details and it's not super convenient, so here is the current log until november 20th...
Yeah I add missed a few bioses, not sure all of them are useful for an emu though, the 3.2 had only changes useful for the real hardware compared to the 3.1, but I hadn't time to look at the changes in detail... I added them anyway... ok I am good to reupload something then, at least it goes much faster than before, thanks for the post then !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 28 marca 2020 09:51:35
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 28 marca 2020 22:11:38
- grrr, bad line for starscream, commit too fast...
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 28 marca 2020 21:55:23
- move the cps2 speed hack to a safer area was causing trouble in games such as sfa3, 400000 being used by cps2_output !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 28 marca 2020 09:51:35
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 27 marca 2020 23:39:15
- opengl_reshape should be called at the end of ScreenChange
- instead of at the end of new_set_gfx_mode
- Was creating a distorted screen if a neocd game changed its resolution after being loaded.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 25 marca 2020 09:32:25
- 0.90.2, and no_asm forces building the C 6502 emu.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 19 listopada 2019 17:46:56
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 19 listopada 2019 10:25:14
- fix kazan/lordofk with musashi
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 27 marca 2020 00:33:49
- 0.90.3, the only change are the new bioses but I prefer to avoid to upload 2 different binaries with the same version number...
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 27 marca 2020 00:22:12
- add neogeo unibios 3.2, 3.3 and 4.0
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 25 marca 2020 09:32:25
- 0.90.2, and no_asm forces building the C 6502 emu.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 25 marca 2020 08:28:08
- teach the curl part to retrieve the parent rom
- useful for neogeo roms on a fresh installation, it didn't know how to
- retrieve the neogeo bios previously unless you tried to load it
- explicitely, now it works, it retrieves 1st the game, then the bios.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 24 marca 2020 21:11:12
- make curl optional when building raine
- it's something I hesitated to do, but it requires 7 dlls in windows !
- So it might be a good idea to give at least the option... !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 24 marca 2020 21:08:30
- japenese names in utf8
- these have been broken for ages anyway, it was related to some
- mysterious encoding used by allegro in dos. Now we have the possiblity
- to have them readable directly in the source, the problem is how to
- handle this ? I would probably need someone who can read this before
- using it... ! I commit it anyway, might be useful later...
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 24 marca 2020 14:52:24
- fix some warnings when building no_asm version
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 24 marca 2020 14:50:51
- big update to ease the cross compilation to mingw32
- it now uses a target define inside the makefile, with the 2 default
- targets for arch linux, you just have to uncomment one of these 2 and
- the rest is automatic !
- Also added a few checks for some commands
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 25 stycznia 2020 23:38:52
- Musashi not a submodule anymore
- There is a slight change for raine which was never merged in Musashi,
- and the reverse is also true, I don't need all the code for the fpu and
- the exotic variants of the 680xx cpus, so it's easier to have a separate
- directory here now.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 25 stycznia 2020 22:53:46
- a forgotten file for 0.90.0 and 0.90.1 release !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 29 listopada 2019 11:33:11
- bubblem script to go to level 10 !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 29 listopada 2019 11:11:24
- tconsole: fix a problem with cons->print()
- related to strcpy when the difference between src & dst is only 1. Using
- memcpy instead fixes it !
- This seems related to a very recent glibc version, happens only in
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 29 listopada 2019 00:08:53
- a very hard to find typo error
- which broke the speed hacks for the 68020 when using uae !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: czwartek, 28 listopada 2019 23:42:37
- console: fix search with range in where argument
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: czwartek, 21 listopada 2019 14:21:22
- namco: save sound_enable
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: czwartek, 21 listopada 2019 10:51:58
- pengo: fill rom with bf and not ff
- it's said it was verified by mame and the ghosts are really slowing down
- in tunnels with this. Not sure about that, but the new parts in mspac6m
- 2nd level look better with bf, what a weird way to code a rom anyway !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 17:53:03
- pengo.c: fix sprites coordinates and reads out of rom
- sprites coordinates for the ghosts entering the tunels
- the reads out of rom are what made the mspac6m pills of level 2 to
- disappear !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 13:49:54
- fix possible crash in mspacman/pacman25
- actually it seems to happen only in windows, and it's related to a read
- outside the rom limits
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 08:44:20
- zerozone: unused variable since converting to mapped colors
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 08:44:00
- no raine32 in 64 bits
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 08:42:58
- fix C video functions glitch
- visible in avsp, qsound logo when using a c-only build
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 19 listopada 2019 23:03:52
- fix a very rare crash
- 1st play a game with emudx samples without having the files, then a game
- with sound -> crash because audio_sample_rate was set to 0 when the init