Poprawki do Raine plus parę brakujących (nie)zbędnych plików, które umilą emulację maszynek arcade/neogeo.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.93.5d 30/06/2022
Raine v0.93.5d 30/06/2022
- fixed crash triggered when using the mouse to navigate the "Change/Load Rom" menu
Raine v0.93.5c 29/06/2022
- Ok, so the error was very limited, forgot a variable was linked to menu_disp and not to menu directly, which is normal since this code is almost never changed, I should just have waited longer to check things, blame the covid for that ! So it makes a new binary for a 1 line change only !
Raine v0.93.5b 27/06/2022
- Ok finally found mer-curious inversion problem, the 64 bits version doesn't have the same indexes for this dialog, so I check directly the labels now to work around that... !
- And finally fixed the inputs dialog problem when using the mouse (index error).
Raine v0.93.5a 24/06/2022
- 93.5a, still shows 0.93.5 in the about dialog, it just fixes the disappeared "joysticks indexes" in the controls dialog
Raine v0.93.5 24/06/2022
- ...some fixes and little improvements here and there. Actually 0.93.4 was using libmpg123 for mp3 decoding, and this version reverts to the decoder included in sdl2_sound, which makes quite a mess in the dlls. So the dlls are updated for this version, be sure to update from the right dlls package (32 or 64 bits). The unofficial binaries I released in the forum had at least a bug to load any neocd game, that's why I finally release this binary with everything fixed and tidy. You can see the changes in git, nothing exciting here as I said, I started to remove the old analog input section from inputs which has been broken for ages, but so far the new way to handle this works only for chasehq & contcirc. I had planned to add a new driver with something more consequent for these new inputs, but I missed time and motivation for that..
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.93.4 1/03/2022
Raine v0.93.4 1/03/2022
- This binary is only about the sound associations, particularly those related to kof2001, so if you are not interested in this, you can skip this one because it changes the colors encoding so if you load it with a previous config file you'll need to use the "revert to" command from the colors menu in options. It also includes a new dll for libmpg123, which is included in the archive for this version, it will go to the dlls package soon for the next versions.
Raine v0.93.3 24/02/2022
- curl should now know how to download a parent set when needed (not totally sure it will work all the time, but it should).
- A fix for the sound dialog which got some strange strings inside when you tried to change the driver
- And all the rest are memory leak fixes, most of them harmless, but the file selector leaked quite a lot of memory and I hadn't noticed, since it's not used very much it was not a very big deal, but still it's better like that.
Raine v0.93.2 22/02/2022
Yes, 0.93 was for gauntlet in case you didn't know, and finally the 32 bits and the 64 bits version work, actually the 32 bits version even has the attract mode sounds working, which even mame has not, but this game is crazily programmed anyway, and there's no reason to be proud of that. I am not 100% sure everything works because I only tested in single player, but afaik gauntlet 1 & 2 are both working, the code is slightly different from what there was in this famous mge since I use the old excellent slapstick emulation from mame, and I am still not 100% sure it will work everywhere, but it should be good normally.
Except that a few interesting changes :
- finally fixed the annoying black zone which appeared when jumping in some super street fighter 2 games in cps2 drivers. The reason was again the cps2 rasters, it allowed me to fix a few bugs in the previous emulation. I didn't retest the other places using rasters, I'll just hope for the best !
- Also since most of these cps2 games used finally a 4:3 screen despite their 16:9 resolution, there is now the option to display them in 4:3, see the new "fix aspect ratio to 4:3" option in renderer options for opengl, it has now a new option "always" to force any game to 4:3. This is discussed in detail in the 0.93.1 thread here.
- A fix when loading some games in the same session, like multi pang after super pang, it was because of something badly done when adding the new sound chips recently, it probably affected quite a few games, not these 2 only.
- Some cheats had some serious syntax error, finding a variable which didn't exist and displaying the error message in a loop. The conversion was updated, and the cheats fixed (at least those I could detect).
- For those using the "controller mapping", I had forgotten the case when more than 1 controller is using these special mappings, it's fixed.
- And fixed a weird bug when trying to run the windows version of raine in wine.
Raine v0.93.1 14/02/2022
- gauntlet finally works with starscream (you'll get 4 welcome when you start the game, but after that everything seems fine). Gauntlet 2 doesn't work though (with starscream), still some problems with the slapstick there... (it means it works in the 32 bits version !).
- fix for timers badly saved in savegames made with the optimized builds ! This one was quite a surprise, and it's suprising nobody noticed before that, but anyway. You got a strange warning about a bad id in the savegame with previous version, for all the games which used timers, and there are quite a few. (I didn't notice because it happens only on optimized builds, and I use a debug build most of the time !).
- Finally merged the controllermap program from sdl2 inside raine ! It's because of the findings from mer-curious. Anyway most people shouldn't need this, it's in case where your game controller doesn't behave normally at all, as a last resort. You can try it by curiosity if you want... ! The command is in the inputs menu, "Controller mapping", and it saves its settings in config/userdb.txt. By the way I could only test this with a controller which was already recognized as a game controller, for those who have a beast which isn't even recognized as such, you might have to quit raine and restart it after using this so that it reads the new gamecontroller configuration. I can't test all the possibilities here... !
Raine v0.93.0 02/02/2022
- adds 3 gauntlets games (the main one, the spanish version which doesn't speak spanish so it's not really interesting, and the 2) which work perfectly with the C cpu cores (64 bits version), but not well at all with the asm cpu cores (32 bits). (...) These games are really a playground for hackers with all the crazy stuff inside,
- adding 2 new sound chips + the slapstic support. Ah also despite the original hardware having a 68010, I found they work very well with a 68000 only, so I left the 68000, it's easier.
- update to sdl2 (I'll update the dlls package later)
- the updated history.dat file (which won't be in all releases but this time it was updated with the new games info).
- There are also some new cheats for the new games but these are small.
- Except that, a lot of fixes as usual, this version is smarter with internet archive so it's able to get its files from more directories so it's already able to get the gauntlet roms and the updated toaplan2 ones. It also removes the ssl verification which gave me an error when I tested this in windows
- Other fixes for the ksystem games which were still trying 8bpp functions (kikikai, knightb and kicknrun, very old games too), for toaplan2 (there was a high probability of crash if loading more than 1 toaplan2 game in the same session),
- the gui (mouse wheel support was not perfect), the console (basic support for the 6502 which also allows to use cheats for games using only some 6502, never noticed they didn't work before, too many things to test, really... !
- And some fix for the 68000 breakpoints too).
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.92.6 10/01/2021
Raine v0.92.6 10/01/2022
quick fix of 0.92.5 problems:
- crash if opening the sound options dialog, leaving it, and opening it again (!)
- Bad playing frequency of external audio tracks (except the raw format ones !)
- And there was a bad entry added to the hiscore.dat hosted here, it's probably me who added it, but a very long time ago, it was for viewpoint, and the syntax was a mix between the old format and the new one, and the hiscore parser didn't like it (what a surprise !). Since this file was here for more than 1 year, I fixed the parser to accept this syntax too, even if it's the only entry of this kind in the hiscore.dat ! And I added the hiscore.dat to all the binary packages, linux & windows
Raine v0.92.5 9/01/2022
Slow version this time, just some improvements for the sound
- added galaxian emulated sound
- more outstanding one at least for me was a bug in the hiscores which could wrongly reset its status for some game, I found out on some very old one, "ms pacman attacks", which is available from "multipac 1.5", it lost its hiscores a few seconds only into the game ! It probably affected some other games too.
- Lots of small fixes for emudx games, it's been a long time since I didn't touch this, by the way the initialization of emudx games crashed in 0.92.4, so if you want to test that you need this version !
- Also a lot of sound chips now correctly save their state in the savegames, games like batrider now restore correctly their sound finall
Raine v0.92.4.x 22/12/2021
- New binaries for windows, december 22nd. The gui bug was actually recent, it's because I added something so that the game part can pre-process the gui events to simplify the code and avoid to duplicate things. It pre-processed the buttondown event, but not the buttonup, yeah I might have gone a little too fast on this one ! Anyway 2 new binaries, probably the last ones for 0.92.4 this time, it's for windows only of course.
Raine v0.92.4.x 21/12/2021
- Got a new idea for this mess between d-pads and sticks, and easy to implement, so I just uploaded a new binary still with the same version, compilation date december 21st this time, I hope it will be the last !
- The idea is very simple, I should have thought about it earlier: when receiving an event from the d-pad, just cancel any event coming from the sticks until a stick move of at least 16000 in value, which is half the maximum distance it can move in any direction. This replaces the previous dead zone detection which didn't work with some models. This filtering is done for the games and for the gui, so it should fix everything.
Raine v0.92.4 20/12/2021
- ... So the main fixes are around the game controllers, and the dead zone of some which canceled the moves from the d-pad. Also there are about 100+ new recognized game controllers for linux, and 400+ for windows...
- ...The other big part is the improvement for cps2 rasters, and the priorities in xmvsf, notice the priorities are still not perfectly emulated, there are probably places left in some cps2 games where there are problems.. Except that most of the emulated games are now rendered in 16bpp because most of the emulated games have color palettes of 16bpp or less. 2 exceptions: the taito f3 games, and macross +, for these 2 it's still 32bpp, for all the others it's 16bpp. The reason ? Smaller bitmaps, so it's faster to draw and faster to render to screen...
- ...And there were problems with some taito f3 games, especially in 64 bits, but even in 32 bits there was a black screen for puchcar on boot because of a recent fix. All this should be fixed now...
... and fix
- I took the time to fix the dpad in the gui which I completely forgot. Actually xbox controller dpad worked, it's only the playstation dpad which didn't work since it isn't advised as a hat. For info in sdl-1.2 versions the playstation controller had no chance to see its dpad work in the gui because it wasn't seen as a hat at all. Anyway now the hat works in the gui only if the controller is recognized, otherwise you'll just have to use the stick or the keyboard.
- There was also a small bug in dealing with controllers events, this one probably could show only if using more than 1 gamepad at the same time. So I'll upload 2 new binaries with the same version number. Just check the compilation date it should show december 20... there is no proxy on this server afaik, so redownloading the file should work without problem.
- also I took back the options to control the automatic repeat of joystick events in the gui. They were removed from sdl2 for the bad reason that it's easy to do without it, actually I used only the 2 constants for the default delay and then interval for the auto repeat. Anyway it's back in the options, and it works (and the default interval is now 50 instead of 30, which was too fast).
Raine v0.92.3 11/12/2021
- the sound associations were deleted if you loaded any game which had some. This reason alone was enough to make a new binary to avoid that people delete all their associations !
- Yet another gui problem where the loading dialog was zoomed too much. Fixed, and the default is now to use opengl for rendering, which makes much more sense since it has more options and is much more tested.
- cps2 rasters are better, see the details in the 0.92.2 thread if you want to know how.
- ...and the joysticks configuration changes again, which obliged me to reset again the keys configuration since they are saved with the keys. Sorry, it should be the last time I do that. This fixes a conflict between the hat of a gamepad and a stick direction if the gamepad was not recognized as an sdl2 game controller. This one was hard to precisely pinpoint, but anyway it's fixed too.
Raine v0.92.2 8/12/2021
It's still mainly about fixing the sdl2 issues, the only emulation change is the addition of some rasters emulation for cps2, finally, but I didn't test that a lot (actually only on the lava level in attract mode for msh !), so don't expect miracles. It's easier to emulate than the neogeo rasters though, so it's fast. Except that :
- mouse wheel fixed again
- the gui handles some strings too long to be displayed properly (they are cut now, but the default is still a small 640x480 window for raine, so just change that to fullscreen or anything bigger before complaining !)
- fix broken screenshots in opengl
- some experimental game controllers mappings for mer-curious, we'll see how it goes...
- the option to use the dpad for movement only or to be able to remap it when the dpad is recognized (game controllers)
- and some little details (more default inputs for the joysticks, the hats are handled again natively for unknown game controllers...).
Raine v0.92.1 3/12/2021
- It's mainly something to fix the little problems of 0.92... The dlls change again to address the incompatibility with xp of the previous set in 32 bits (there seems to be other problems with xp related to the 3d, but at least it's not a stupid message from microsoft to tell you are not allowed to run this in xp anymore !), and it's changed too for the 64 bits version because it allows me to make both versions the same way, + it's almost half the size of the previous archive. The only dlls packages listed in the download page are the ones required for the latest version, so just update and it should be ok.
- Except that, mostly fixes for 0.92 as I said. The key codes change again, we switch to all scancodes to be able to have default keys which don't change with each international mapping, but you have nothing to do here, it will overwrite all the keyboard configuration if it reads an config file from the previous versions. The joysticks use some saner defaults too but for them I didn't overwrite the config sections in case you have something fixed on your side which is different from the default. The famous bug found by mer-curious which prevented special moves from the right side in msh is fixed, and there was again a problem with merged inputs which should be fixed for good this time. Also you have the option of integer scaling in opengl. I tested it, and I am not convinced, there's no real improvement in the scaled image for me, but I left the option, you can test it and report in the forum. (The option is in "renderer options" for opengl). Also sdl is updated to 2.0.18, actually they mostly add new functions, it's very different from sdl-1.2 which was frozen in time, for now I don't use them, but updated anyway...
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.21 13/11/2021
Raine v0.91.21 13/11/2021
- fix burning fight and "fatal fury 3" in 64 bits
- fix the inputs for irrmaze and popbounc: this is very specific to these games since they are the only neogeo games which can use a paddle. Originally there was a specific bios for these games, but in asian only and it's now unavailable. Unibios has a workaround built inside apparently, and so you'll need a version of unibios to run these games with the mouse (it might be possible to use popbounc with the joystick). For popbounc, you choose which input to use with the soft dips, you can change this in real time in the raine dialog for that, in "neo-cd/neo-geo options" once the game is loaded. Tested only with unibios 3.2 and 4.0, works with both, mouse is not recognized with the standard european mvs vers 2 bios. Hum, don't try to move the mouse while the game is initializing... !
- added some basic setting to slow down the modern mice ! You can configure that in the inputs dialog, the setting is saved when you quit raine (with the quit command as usual, closing the program by any other mean doesn't save the config). It can only be slowed down, modern mouses are already too fast for the low resolution of these games. This setting should be used by all the games using the mouse of course...
- a few misc fixes, like the break console command which didn't work anymore with starscream
- recent versions of curl forbid spaces in the urls so I had to work around that, this fix is useful only for linux, I didn't update curl for the windows version.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.18 19/06/2021
Raine v0.91.18 19/06/2021
- I might have released 0.91.16 & 0.91.17 too fast, but this one finally holds its promise: all the cps2 games supported (at least those using qsound, gigaman2 being a bootleg without any z80 rom it's out of the list, I even added it to non working games !).
- Except that I finally added some breakpoints in the console for the z80 which helped me a lot to finish this. And updated the help for the regs and break commands, still in the console.
Raine v0.91.17 19/06/2021
- The cps2 music detection was crap in the previous version, here is the fixed version !
- This one is based on reading the code in the z80 rom and using directly a table which describes the sounds to play, so it's very reliable to detect if something is a music, but it doesn't work for all the roms, it works for the majority though. For those which don't work (mainly the oldest ones including cps1 qsound and the newest ones !) the sound commands dialog is simply disabled. Anyway it's good enough for me for now... sorry for the double release !
Raine v0.91.16 18/06/2021
- This version fixes the sound commands for matrimelee and adds support for cps2 games... yeah all of them, even the cps1 games using qsound. It's still quite experimental for the cps2, but it seems functional enough for a release...
Raine v0.91.15 30/03/2021
It's almost only fixes, but there are quite a few :
- unlikely incompatibility between mslug2 & pbobblen, this fixes both this time.
- there were some problems in neocd with speed hacks, they are now disabled for the kof games and kabukikl
- still on neocd, there was a crash when reading an audio track merged with the main data track, this worked before, but anyway it's fixed.
- old capcom savegames prior to some time in march 2020 couldn't be restored anymore, I added a callback to fix things on the fly, it might not work for all the games, I don't have savegames for all of them, but it should work for most of them.
- the year is updated automatically now
- there was a strange "stack smash" on my laptop when opening the console, it happens only on this computer, which has exactly the same software setup as my main computer, so it's probably a gcc bug, but for now I disabled their stack protection to work around that, even if it's required only for 1 file related to the console, I disabled it everywhere.
- the scripts can now handle more than 100 arguments, required for some cheats about the starting level !
- fix pbobble2/2o/2x always on help line cheat
- fix pbobble2 alternate world levels cheat
- fix cheats comments containing ", and handle multi-line comments for cheats, the bottom line of the screen will "flash" if the comment is too long, just click on it to get the full comment. Example of such a cheat: the last one for strider.
- ... and by the way finally update the default background color to be darker and less transparent, I did it here on my default settings a long time ago but I should have committed it, here it is, handy to be able to read these big comments for the cheats. (if you keep your settings while updating and want to try the default new color, just delete the bg_color line in rainex_sdl.cfg/raine32_sdl.cfg in the config directory).
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.13 12/02/2021
Raine v0.91.13 12/02/2021
- the main problem this time is in the 64 bits build, all the kabuki games were broken (pang, super pang, block, pengo, and quite a few cps1 games).
- Also fixes chasehq and continental circus graphics. chasehq and night striker gain a region switch too.
- And a last fix (hopefully !) for the sound associations with kof99, a song which never stopped during the intro.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.12 28/01/2021
Raine v0.91.12 28/01/2021
- Cabal (cabalbl) is finally fixed, graphics and sound. The kind of game which seems easy to emulate and which is tricky. This one is quite different in raine, we don't have at all the same way to handle the samples (but thanks for finding the crazy bitswap for the sound command !).
- neogeo/neocd saves didn't contain the 68000 bank, it's fixed (problem hard to locate though !).
- a last fix for the sound associations, the one included in the test build earlier.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.11 25/01/2021
Raine v0.91.11 25/01/2021
- sound associations fixes for kof98/99/garou and aof3, see mer-curious post
- big toaplan2 update finally. Changes for the romsets : batridera becomes batriderja (mame name), added batsuguna (which is the old batsugun we had before if I remember correctly) and batsugunsp (which is really a special version and not a stupid clone), bgarreganv which was supposed to be a new version of battle garegga, but good luck to find what's changed inside, also bgareggat2 which is supposed to be "type 2", same comment, and bbakraidja which was the old bbakraid. kgpe becomes kingdmgp, same game but different crc for the rom and official mame name, comes with cheats so it's better. sstriker had been mistakenly removed from the list of drivers so it's back, with a new clone, sstrikerk. Also batrider and bbakraid gain the biggest region switch ever seen in raine with 25 countries inside ! Not 25 languages though of course, it's japenese or english for the language, but it's still impressive ! Also there are some new fixes for batsugun inside to handle the graphical glitches, it should be ok until the end of stage 3 if I remember wel, the big boss here is still too black but it's much better than before anyway !
- peekaboo didn't run in 64 bits, specific problem to the emulation there, it's fixed but there are still emulation problems.
- added new clone tetristh which is like tetrist but on some different taito hardware (taito h), but it's exactly the same game though, it's more a curiosity.
- new cheats for the new clones, kingdmgp, tetristh, batsugunsp, sstriker (it's not a clone but it was gone !).
- you couldn't disable the shaders without quiting in this 0.91 version, fixed now (at least in linux, but probably in windows too).
- fixes again region switch for lots of games which got broken when changing something else lately. The list of affected games is big, found out for syvalion.
- avoid deleting a rom when downloading with curl: if trying to get a clone which doesn't exist on the server but it is on the disk without its parent, then the clone was deleted ! Now it's not at least !
- makaiden didn't load its correct gfx rom, so it looked exactly like its parent (very old bug since 2010 !).
- And some big source changes to make rom structs more readable and a little smaller, it should have been done long ago, but there is always something else to do... !
→ [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.9 07/08/2020
- Just some quick hot fixes:
mainly the region selection which was broken for neocd,
a bad sound in opwolf which has been here since the old dos days of 0.28 and before,
wrestlefest is back with some updated cheats, incredible that I didn't get any post about that finally, but I don't miss them (it was badly updated last time),
truxton2 / snowbros 2 were hanging if using the 32 bit version (with mz80),
and the status & clones settings from the game selection list are saved.
The big thing in this release is a fix for the gui display bug in fullscreen, it's not ideal, it currently uses some deprecated api in sdl-1.2, I have tested it only with a windows 10/nvidia system (and linux), so I can only hope it will work everywhere, I'll need some feedback here. The idea is just to try to display the gui in opengl since the bug prevents a proper restoration of the screen to display a non opengl gui. Oh well, just switch to fullscreen, test and report !
- a dos version ! This is the result of finding a djgpp version of gcc in arch, read about it there: There is only a version using allegro for sound for now because it's the sound driver with the best results with "recent" sound cards, if you really need seal to support some extremely old sound card, post something !
- the status & clones settings of the game selection list are now saved and restored
- there is a new cache for the rom directories, it was made mainly for the dos version in an emulator, but it will have an effect everywhere. If you use a rom directory on a removable device, a dvd for example, and you change the dvd while raine is running, the list won't be updated, you'll need to restart raine for that.
- the borderless window was updated since it was useless in windows, now it tries to emulate fullscreen, that is, the window is placed at 0,0 with a full size, the idea was to try that against the bug which hides the gui in fullscreen, but it failed, the bug also shows with this kind of window ! I kept it anyway, now when you switch to a borderless window the window is maximized.
- some fixes for -romcheck and -rcf, and fixed the archive name for bubbolbr1
- it's all bug fixes inside :
- rcf didn't work with romsets using LOAD_CONTINUE (like sonicwi3), it's fixed
- sf2m8 used a dummy rom load instead of a FILL which created a romcheck error.
- don't consider neogeo games as clones of the neogeo bios in the games display
- fix broken iso.gz support for neocd (usually compressing an iso to iso.gz without touching the cue file at all used to work, it was broken in 0.91.6 because of the changes there).
- and neocd again: when trying to guess an audio track name and there is no cue file, check the extension to avoid to select a picture as an audio track !