Raine wzbogaciło się o kolejną edycję i kolejną listę poprawek.
Raine wzbogaciło się o kolejną edycję i kolejną listę poprawek.
- all the neocd games which loaded some data during the game were broken because of a fix for garou (neogeo). Yeah it's quite big, I didn't play any neocd game in 2 months, I really needed a break there !
- Gui: windows doesn't need a colour depth change anymore, and the mode changes should be invisible
- while cleaning up the taito f2 driver (yeah very old stuff, never completely finished), I noticed you couldn't access the pulirula dipswitches, so it's fixed too.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.92.1 03/12/2021
Raine v0.92.1 3/12/2021
- It's mainly something to fix the little problems of 0.92... The dlls change again to address the incompatibility with xp of the previous set in 32 bits (there seems to be other problems with xp related to the 3d, but at least it's not a stupid message from microsoft to tell you are not allowed to run this in xp anymore !), and it's changed too for the 64 bits version because it allows me to make both versions the same way, + it's almost half the size of the previous archive. The only dlls packages listed in the download page are the ones required for the latest version, so just update and it should be ok.
- Except that, mostly fixes for 0.92 as I said. The key codes change again, we switch to all scancodes to be able to have default keys which don't change with each international mapping, but you have nothing to do here, it will overwrite all the keyboard configuration if it reads an config file from the previous versions. The joysticks use some saner defaults too but for them I didn't overwrite the config sections in case you have something fixed on your side which is different from the default. The famous bug found by mer-curious which prevented special moves from the right side in msh is fixed, and there was again a problem with merged inputs which should be fixed for good this time. Also you have the option of integer scaling in opengl. I tested it, and I am not convinced, there's no real improvement in the scaled image for me, but I left the option, you can test it and report in the forum. (The option is in "renderer options" for opengl). Also sdl is updated to 2.0.18, actually they mostly add new functions, it's very different from sdl-1.2 which was frozen in time, for now I don't use them, but updated anyway...
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.21 13/11/2021
Raine v0.91.21 13/11/2021
- fix burning fight and "fatal fury 3" in 64 bits
- fix the inputs for irrmaze and popbounc: this is very specific to these games since they are the only neogeo games which can use a paddle. Originally there was a specific bios for these games, but in asian only and it's now unavailable. Unibios has a workaround built inside apparently, and so you'll need a version of unibios to run these games with the mouse (it might be possible to use popbounc with the joystick). For popbounc, you choose which input to use with the soft dips, you can change this in real time in the raine dialog for that, in "neo-cd/neo-geo options" once the game is loaded. Tested only with unibios 3.2 and 4.0, works with both, mouse is not recognized with the standard european mvs vers 2 bios. Hum, don't try to move the mouse while the game is initializing... !
- added some basic setting to slow down the modern mice ! You can configure that in the inputs dialog, the setting is saved when you quit raine (with the quit command as usual, closing the program by any other mean doesn't save the config). It can only be slowed down, modern mouses are already too fast for the low resolution of these games. This setting should be used by all the games using the mouse of course...
- a few misc fixes, like the break console command which didn't work anymore with starscream
- recent versions of curl forbid spaces in the urls so I had to work around that, this fix is useful only for linux, I didn't update curl for the windows version.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.18 19/06/2021
Raine v0.91.18 19/06/2021
- I might have released 0.91.16 & 0.91.17 too fast, but this one finally holds its promise: all the cps2 games supported (at least those using qsound, gigaman2 being a bootleg without any z80 rom it's out of the list, I even added it to non working games !).
- Except that I finally added some breakpoints in the console for the z80 which helped me a lot to finish this. And updated the help for the regs and break commands, still in the console.
Raine v0.91.17 19/06/2021
- The cps2 music detection was crap in the previous version, here is the fixed version !
- This one is based on reading the code in the z80 rom and using directly a table which describes the sounds to play, so it's very reliable to detect if something is a music, but it doesn't work for all the roms, it works for the majority though. For those which don't work (mainly the oldest ones including cps1 qsound and the newest ones !) the sound commands dialog is simply disabled. Anyway it's good enough for me for now... sorry for the double release !
Raine v0.91.16 18/06/2021
- This version fixes the sound commands for matrimelee and adds support for cps2 games... yeah all of them, even the cps1 games using qsound. It's still quite experimental for the cps2, but it seems functional enough for a release...
Raine v0.91.15 30/03/2021
It's almost only fixes, but there are quite a few :
- unlikely incompatibility between mslug2 & pbobblen, this fixes both this time.
- there were some problems in neocd with speed hacks, they are now disabled for the kof games and kabukikl
- still on neocd, there was a crash when reading an audio track merged with the main data track, this worked before, but anyway it's fixed.
- old capcom savegames prior to some time in march 2020 couldn't be restored anymore, I added a callback to fix things on the fly, it might not work for all the games, I don't have savegames for all of them, but it should work for most of them.
- the year is updated automatically now
- there was a strange "stack smash" on my laptop when opening the console, it happens only on this computer, which has exactly the same software setup as my main computer, so it's probably a gcc bug, but for now I disabled their stack protection to work around that, even if it's required only for 1 file related to the console, I disabled it everywhere.
- the scripts can now handle more than 100 arguments, required for some cheats about the starting level !
- fix pbobble2/2o/2x always on help line cheat
- fix pbobble2 alternate world levels cheat
- fix cheats comments containing ", and handle multi-line comments for cheats, the bottom line of the screen will "flash" if the comment is too long, just click on it to get the full comment. Example of such a cheat: the last one for strider.
- ... and by the way finally update the default background color to be darker and less transparent, I did it here on my default settings a long time ago but I should have committed it, here it is, handy to be able to read these big comments for the cheats. (if you keep your settings while updating and want to try the default new color, just delete the bg_color line in rainex_sdl.cfg/raine32_sdl.cfg in the config directory).
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.13 12/02/2021
Raine v0.91.13 12/02/2021
- the main problem this time is in the 64 bits build, all the kabuki games were broken (pang, super pang, block, pengo, and quite a few cps1 games).
- Also fixes chasehq and continental circus graphics. chasehq and night striker gain a region switch too.
- And a last fix (hopefully !) for the sound associations with kof99, a song which never stopped during the intro.
→ NOWSZY [Atari] AtariOnLine: "Rainer" uwolniony!
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.12 28/01/2021
Raine v0.91.12 28/01/2021
- Cabal (cabalbl) is finally fixed, graphics and sound. The kind of game which seems easy to emulate and which is tricky. This one is quite different in raine, we don't have at all the same way to handle the samples (but thanks for finding the crazy bitswap for the sound command !).
- neogeo/neocd saves didn't contain the 68000 bank, it's fixed (problem hard to locate though !).
- a last fix for the sound associations, the one included in the test build earlier.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.11 25/01/2021
Raine v0.91.11 25/01/2021
- sound associations fixes for kof98/99/garou and aof3, see mer-curious post
- big toaplan2 update finally. Changes for the romsets : batridera becomes batriderja (mame name), added batsuguna (which is the old batsugun we had before if I remember correctly) and batsugunsp (which is really a special version and not a stupid clone), bgarreganv which was supposed to be a new version of battle garegga, but good luck to find what's changed inside, also bgareggat2 which is supposed to be "type 2", same comment, and bbakraidja which was the old bbakraid. kgpe becomes kingdmgp, same game but different crc for the rom and official mame name, comes with cheats so it's better. sstriker had been mistakenly removed from the list of drivers so it's back, with a new clone, sstrikerk. Also batrider and bbakraid gain the biggest region switch ever seen in raine with 25 countries inside ! Not 25 languages though of course, it's japenese or english for the language, but it's still impressive ! Also there are some new fixes for batsugun inside to handle the graphical glitches, it should be ok until the end of stage 3 if I remember wel, the big boss here is still too black but it's much better than before anyway !
- peekaboo didn't run in 64 bits, specific problem to the emulation there, it's fixed but there are still emulation problems.
- added new clone tetristh which is like tetrist but on some different taito hardware (taito h), but it's exactly the same game though, it's more a curiosity.
- new cheats for the new clones, kingdmgp, tetristh, batsugunsp, sstriker (it's not a clone but it was gone !).
- you couldn't disable the shaders without quiting in this 0.91 version, fixed now (at least in linux, but probably in windows too).
- fixes again region switch for lots of games which got broken when changing something else lately. The list of affected games is big, found out for syvalion.
- avoid deleting a rom when downloading with curl: if trying to get a clone which doesn't exist on the server but it is on the disk without its parent, then the clone was deleted ! Now it's not at least !
- makaiden didn't load its correct gfx rom, so it looked exactly like its parent (very old bug since 2010 !).
- And some big source changes to make rom structs more readable and a little smaller, it should have been done long ago, but there is always something else to do... !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.10 26/10/2020
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.9 07/08/2020
- Just some quick hot fixes:
mainly the region selection which was broken for neocd,
a bad sound in opwolf which has been here since the old dos days of 0.28 and before,
wrestlefest is back with some updated cheats, incredible that I didn't get any post about that finally, but I don't miss them (it was badly updated last time),
truxton2 / snowbros 2 were hanging if using the 32 bit version (with mz80),
and the status & clones settings from the game selection list are saved.
The big thing in this release is a fix for the gui display bug in fullscreen, it's not ideal, it currently uses some deprecated api in sdl-1.2, I have tested it only with a windows 10/nvidia system (and linux), so I can only hope it will work everywhere, I'll need some feedback here. The idea is just to try to display the gui in opengl since the bug prevents a proper restoration of the screen to display a non opengl gui. Oh well, just switch to fullscreen, test and report !
- a dos version ! This is the result of finding a djgpp version of gcc in arch, read about it there: There is only a version using allegro for sound for now because it's the sound driver with the best results with "recent" sound cards, if you really need seal to support some extremely old sound card, post something !
- the status & clones settings of the game selection list are now saved and restored
- there is a new cache for the rom directories, it was made mainly for the dos version in an emulator, but it will have an effect everywhere. If you use a rom directory on a removable device, a dvd for example, and you change the dvd while raine is running, the list won't be updated, you'll need to restart raine for that.
- the borderless window was updated since it was useless in windows, now it tries to emulate fullscreen, that is, the window is placed at 0,0 with a full size, the idea was to try that against the bug which hides the gui in fullscreen, but it failed, the bug also shows with this kind of window ! I kept it anyway, now when you switch to a borderless window the window is maximized.
- some fixes for -romcheck and -rcf, and fixed the archive name for bubbolbr1
- it's all bug fixes inside :
- rcf didn't work with romsets using LOAD_CONTINUE (like sonicwi3), it's fixed
- sf2m8 used a dummy rom load instead of a FILL which created a romcheck error.
- don't consider neogeo games as clones of the neogeo bios in the games display
- fix broken iso.gz support for neocd (usually compressing an iso to iso.gz without touching the cue file at all used to work, it was broken in 0.91.6 because of the changes there).
- and neocd again: when trying to guess an audio track name and there is no cue file, check the extension to avoid to select a picture as an audio track !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.90.7 11/04/2020
- 0.90.7 released, the only changes inside are the custom inputs which are all saved now instead of just what changed from the default inputs, and the small gui fix for dialogs which could have the text of their dialog bar cut if the resolution was too low.
- I just noticed I forgot the cheats.cfg file in all the 0.90 versions, so you can either get it from a previous version, it hasn't changed since 2017, or get it from here and drop the file in the raine config directory... Finally re-uploaded both binary archives with a filled config directory. Missing files were :
- neocheats.cfg: cheats for neocd/neogeo
- cheats.cfg: cheats for other games
- debug_dips.txt: info to access debug dips for neogeo / neocd