Nowa wersja emulatora maszynek arcade Raine - program pozwala na większą i prostszą modyfikację gier dla NEOGEO.
- Just a fix for the autofire, and the new sound associations work better with most neogeo games.
- You have now the option to display the song being played when "sound commands" are supported, the option must be enabled before the start of a song to work, and it's better with an opaque text of course.
- Not all of the neogeo games are supported, but a lot of them are recognized, including garou and the kof games. I might add those which are not recognized yet later !
- (no update needed for the dos version, it has its own autofire and doesn't know about the sound commands !).
- a new dos version ! The last one was some time 3 years ago, so it's quite an event... ! It lacks a lot of features from the latest windows or linux version, but it works. You can read about its limitations in this thread. If someone is really serious about using it though, it would really badly need some update at the code level, at least adding a few buttons to make some of the new features usable, but I won't do it because I can't even reasonably use this version now... !
- The ability to play some external music file instead of a normal music command. For now it's limited only to the neogeo and to the gunbird driver. When you have loaded a game which supports this, the option "sound commands" becomes available in the "sound options" menu. From there you can test the musics, until you find the one you want to replace. If you don't select any audio file to replace it, it will just be intercepted and replaced by silence. Associations made this way are saved automatically in games.cfg. Formats supported include wav, mp3, ogg, flac, and probably all the old mod formats in existence if you have such files (it's from modplug...). A word of warning: of course I was unable to test all the neogeo games, it would require too much time. The bad news about this is that it can't be done with a magical function which would adapt to all the drivers out there, it must be adapted to each driver. Luckily most of the neogeo games seem to use the same rules for the music so it should work for a lot of games, maybe all of them if I am lucky, report any problem if you have some ! Except that, added the "keep ratio" option to the video renderer options, it's mainly for those with a crt screen and a mode with a broken aspect ratio and who know what they are doing. Some bugs in pirates, operation bear, final blow and pulirula. A lot of small bug fixes, look in the git log if you are curious. Oh yes, also the console crashed very easily in windows, but I couldn't know about this since I almost never use windows. Since I know some people used it, it's a wonder nobody took the time to report this in all this time, but anyway, it's fixed too now, thanks mer-curious... !
- A small word about sdl2: making raine compatible with it would require too much work for now, so it will have to wait. And it will probably be the last version before quite some time, because I'll be probably busy elsewhere soon...
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:38:29 +0100 (15:38 +0100)]
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:20:38 +0100 (15:20 +0100)]
- more sound associations variations
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:44:44 +0100 (13:44 +0100)]
- sound assoc: variations for MAKOTO roms...
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:43:00 +0100 (11:43 +0100)]
- add song type 5: mutnat
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:06:45 +0100 (11:06 +0100)]
- huge changes for music associations
5 types of z80 roms recognized, including 4 neogeo types, + the ability to
display the song being played
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:03:03 +0100 (11:03 +0100)]
save z80 rom when using 68020 + z80 !
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 25 Nov 2013 02:47:54 +0100 (02:47 +0100)]
- sound: better cleanup when freeing a sample
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 25 Nov 2013 02:47:27 +0100 (02:47 +0100)]
- display also z80 ix and iy in the console (regs command)
Emmanuel Anne [Sun, 24 Nov 2013 16:17:56 +0100 (16:17 +0100)]
- fix autofire controls, which probably never worked since 0.50 !
Emmanuel Anne [Sun, 24 Nov 2013 16:17:38 +0100 (16:17 +0100)]
- undeclared function...
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:38:34 +0100 (23:38 +0100)]
- raine 0.63.3
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:37:21 +0100 (23:37 +0100)]
- some late fixes for the dos version...
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:36:08 +0100 (23:36 +0100)]
- dos: prevent the static ds from disappearing after optimization !
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:35:35 +0100 (23:35 +0100)]
- gui: super stupid bug about uninitialized variable
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 23 Nov 2013 19:49:38 +0100 (19:49 +0100)]
- gui: reset fps counter after handling events
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:54:12 +0100 (16:54 +0100)]
- sound commands now allow to create sound associations only gunbird and neogeo driver so far
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:52:00 +0100 (15:52 +0100)]
- use bash for detect-cpu
this script is totally useless when compiling on a 64 bit system...
anyway I'll keep it for now.
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:16:37 +0100 (14:16 +0100)]
- cleanup useless variables
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:56:32 +0100 (13:56 +0100)]
- gui: handle values_list_label even when all values don't have labels
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:56:08 +0100 (13:56 +0100)]
- have max values_list_size as a define (NB_VALUES)
Emmanuel Anne [Wed, 20 Nov 2013 03:04:53 +0100 (03:04 +0100)]
- gui: don't force a redraw in call_handler
it's useless and breaks synchronization in sound_commands
Emmanuel Anne [Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:54:28 +0100 (00:54 +0100)]
- sound commands in the gui for now only allows to play z80 songs for neogeo/neocd games...
Emmanuel Anne [Tue, 19 Nov 2013 23:00:53 +0100 (23:00 +0100)]
- save games: UseCompression useless
Emmanuel Anne [Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:01:40 +0100 (11:01 +0100)]
- hiscores: better test before saving neocd scores
the test was a test to be sure they could be loaded, not saved, for the
games with only 1 score to save there are often 4 bytes to test (or even
3), and they change as soon as there is a score in them, making the test to
fail. So the new test tests directly if the neocd is in bios, apparently in
this case the $11e pointer (european soft dips) points inside the bios. In
this case, the scores are not saved.
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:29:18 +0100 (22:29 +0100)]
- cold_boot: fix when Z80ROM < RAM !
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:14:22 +0100 (22:14 +0100)]
- dsw fixes
these didn't produce any crash afaik, but these were bad definitions
nontheless... Also conv_dsw detects the new mame syntax for the service
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:13:06 +0100 (22:13 +0100)]
- dsw fixes for crospang, added heuksun (go game !)
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:48:44 +0100 (17:48 +0100)]
- fix 68000 conf, remove a warning, and make drivers smaller
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:12:55 +0100 (17:12 +0100)]
- restore the long forgotten option "es5506 voice filters"
now what was this for exactly ? I think it was to speed up ensoniq sound on
very slow machines...
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 18 Nov 2013 01:43:40 +0100 (01:43 +0100)]
- some adjustment for psyforce to play in stereo !
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 18 Nov 2013 01:43:07 +0100 (01:43 +0100)]
- spacedxj is actually spacedx, and add world region
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 16 Nov 2013 23:41:46 +0100 (23:41 +0100)]
- add "keep ratio" option for opengl / yuv overlays
Emmanuel Anne [Fri, 15 Nov 2013 08:19:27 +0100 (08:19 +0100)]
- pirates: fix bad text layer, add layer info
Emmanuel Anne [Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:50:02 +0100 (07:50 +0100)]
- just a better way to finish the 68000 conf
Emmanuel Anne [Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:30:35 +0100 (07:30 +0100)]
- fix super stupid glitch in operation bear
Emmanuel Anne [Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:17:12 +0100 (07:17 +0100)]
- fix finalb/pulirula sprites colors
very old bug unnoticed for all these years...
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:24:53 +0100 (16:24 +0100)]
- prevent a surprising buffer overload in 7z handling
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:23:11 +0100 (16:23 +0100)]
- init sdl before loading a neocd game from the command line
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 11 Nov 2013 00:24:58 +0100 (00:24 +0100)]
- and link with g++ with mingw32 !
when using gcc it works, except that c++ exceptions do no work !
Emmanuel Anne [Fri, 8 Nov 2013 01:40:53 +0100 (01:40 +0100)]
- fix LD value
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 7 Nov 2013 21:11:33 +0100 (21:11 +0100)]
- keys combinations forbiden in dos !
The code handling inputs in dos is really totally outdated. It clears all
the inputs which are not valid in ram at each frame, so it clears all
combinations, so it becomes impossible to press any button (except the last
combination !). So stupid... !
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:49:27 +0100 (10:49 +0100)]
- restoration of the dos version !
It can now be compiled, tested with gcc-4.4 and dosbox.
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 4 Nov 2013 22:33:11 +0100 (22:33 +0100)]
- mer-curious strings fixes !
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:45:09 +0100 (20:45 +0100)]
- a better place to fix mer-curious bug !
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:41:05 +0100 (20:41 +0100)]
- fix mer-curious bug !
extremely specific: happens only if changing region on a neocd game and
then loading an arcade game instead of returning to the game !
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 4 Nov 2013 09:58:21 +0100 (09:58 +0100)]
- console becomes always opaque
Emmanuel Anne [Mon, 4 Nov 2013 02:25:26 +0100 (02:25 +0100)]
- some more capital letters fixes... !
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 2 Nov 2013 22:40:48 +0100 (22:40 +0100)]
- make loading neocd demos easier
iso.gz are recognized in the file selector, and when switching to iso mode
the zip/7z files are still listed. Also iso.gz, zip and 7z files are
recognized as possible neocd archive on the command line
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.15
Just because someone noticed the fps setting from the game options dialog was not saved per game and he needed it !
So you need to enable 1st "save per game screen settings" in video options, and then the fps setting will be saved with this new 0.64.15, that's all there is about it !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: niedziela, 25 marca 2018 19:27:27
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: niedziela, 25 marca 2018 19:27:27
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: niedziela, 25 marca 2018 10:35:40
- save also fps in game screen settings, when they are saved
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: niedziela, 25 marca 2018 10:35:14
- a bigger field for fps in dialog
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: czwartek, 24 września 2015 08:36:25
- gui: adjust width for utf fields
- it fixes another cliping issue when using an utf font in a translation
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 18 sierpnia 2015 22:12:49
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: niedziela, 16 sierpnia 2015 00:31:06
- raine 0.64.7
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: czwartek, 19 maja 2016 13:03:43
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: poniedziałek, 16 maja 2016 22:24:05
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 12 marca 2016 14:25:57
Author: zelurker | Date: niedziela, 25 października 2015 19:41:01
- Merge pull request #3 from RomainQuidet/osx
- 0.64.10 for OSX
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.14
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 27 października 2017 08:34:19
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 27 października 2017 08:32:58
- add some cheats from wrestlefest... !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 27 października 2017 08:32:11
- debug_mode = 1 by default for debug builds
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 27 października 2017 08:31:11
- display: windows didn't keep its opengl setting because of the change for osx to allow a non accelerated display !
- and I didn't notice it in linux because windows uses gui_level, not linux apparently !
- Also add some more debug messages with the new_set_gfx_mode prefix
Author: zelurker | Date: 6 października 2017 12:35:41
- Merge pull request #13 from fxcoudert/master
- fix ambiguous abs() calls
Author: fx.coudert | Date: 5 października 2017 22:19:38
- fix ambiguous abs() calls
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 5 lutego 2017 16:01:16
- fix sf2 inputs !
- punch inputs were eaten because of combinations 2 characters fix !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 19 grudnia 2016 22:29:52
- osx: sorry frameworks can't be used for compilation !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 19 grudnia 2016 12:54:18
- update build instructions for osx to explain the frameworks solution
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 19 grudnia 2016 12:40:29
- osx: building with frameworks is not the default option to allow to build raine from brew using standard shared libs
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 19 grudnia 2016 12:17:59
- allow to choose location of m68kdis & dz80 it's mainly for osx where it becomes difficult to place a binary in the default path, this os becomes insane ! So for osx these 2 commands can be placed in the bundle to avoid problems, and you can choose their location from the options / directories configuration.
- Also the console now has a clear message when the disassembler is not found.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 19 grudnia 2016 12:17:09
- don't save controls which don't have any label
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 19 grudnia 2016 12:16:07
- avoid warning when loading megasys1 roms (harmless)
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 19 grudnia 2016 03:06:02
- allow to build the osx executable using frameworks !
- FRAMEWORK=1 in the makefile or on the command line.
- Use the TOOLS/make_frameworks.pl script to convert the shared libs to frameworks !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 18 grudnia 2016 22:03:55
- osx: default fps key: F12, f11 is reserved for the finder
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 18 grudnia 2016 21:54:46
- display: don't force an accelerated opengl display this allows to test opengl software rendering when running inside a non accelerated virtual machine.
- Also now update display_cfg.video_mode when seting up opengl failed (fall back to software blits).
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 18 grudnia 2016 16:59:08
- osx: fix asm string output in 32 bits !
- osx has a very weird pixel format, the 1st byte is not alpha !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 18 grudnia 2016 16:24:36
- osx: workaround for broken mounts info for paths
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 18 grudnia 2016 16:23:39
- osx: workaround for ld warnings about unwind
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 18 grudnia 2016 01:59:55
- an updated readme for osx
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 18 grudnia 2016 01:56:54
- osx: put back the asm code !
- there is a linker flag to allow heap execution, that's all there was to find...
Author: admin | Date: 18 grudnia 2016 01:05:39
- a makefile for osx using brew
- no more frameworks then...
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 29 listopada 2016 22:12:54
- console: update console key each time it appears
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 29 listopada 2016 20:03:54
- default cpuinfo, edit to have something else
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 14 sierpnia 2016 21:15:25
- add some message for those trying to choose a neogeo bios...
- ... without any neogeo.zip file
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 14 sierpnia 2016 20:59:18
- fix a very special crash from mer-curious in kof96
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 20 maja 2016 17:52:33
- prevent SDL_DOUBLEBUF in opengl
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: 19 maja 2016 13:17:56
- new readme in debian
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.13
- all the neocd games which loaded some data during the game were broken because of a fix for garou (neogeo). Yeah it's quite big, I didn't play any neocd game in 2 months, I really needed a break there !
- Gui: windows doesn't need a colour depth change anymore, and the mode changes should be invisible
- while cleaning up the taito f2 driver (yeah very old stuff, never completely finished), I noticed you couldn't access the pulirula dipswitches, so it's fixed too.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.12
- I finally got curious about this bug and actually took the time to read the output of raine when the shaders didn't work with the new nvidia drivers, and there was actually something weird to read ! It was all because there was a bug in nvidia drivers <= version 355.11 which made them to return a buffer of 1 byte for the info log of the shader program when there was nothing to report ! I made a workaround for this and totally forgot about it, but it failed when nvidia fixed this and now the buffer has correctly 0 bytes when nothing to report... !!!
Anyway it means shaders now work correctly for any nvidia drivers, and it could probably affect some other video cards as well.
Those not using shaders don't need to update, this 0.64.12 only fixes shaders, and the fix is very short !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.10
- a surprising bug in the clipping of text in the gui which should not have been there
- the fix of mer-curious fireball, hopefully !
- a fix for a crash during nam1975 demo because of a stupid fadeout effect !
- But also finally the video priorities for the gunbird driver have been added, plus a few sounds which couldn't be heard before are now played correctly (for almost all the games in this driver).
- neocd music now adapts to the sample rate chosen in sound options
- the fix for the bug about cawing reported just after releasing 0.64.9 !
- plus a few small fixes here and there not worth mentioning..
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.6
- That's all for this time, this version is mainly to allow people to test the translation stuff...
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.5
Currently waiting to be included into a new binary :
- aes bios support: at least it works, I can't say I tested it a lot, it seems to completely ignore the dipswitches, but it's probably normal (probably no dipswitches in these aes cabinets I guess).
- fixed the day of week for the neogeo calendar displayed when you choose "book keeping" (b+c+d at boot with unibios, and something equivalent with most other bioses I guess...). This clock is completely different from modern clocks in pcs. Nowdays clocks are synchronized using ntp over the network at a scale of 0.001s or sometimes even much less. This one is very unprecise, it increases its seconds everytime the display is updated, except the neogeo display is not exactly 60fps, it's 59.2 fps approx, so it quickly gets out of sync ! Actually the role of this clock was only to keep track of how many times a given game was played and if continue was used on it, how much time and at which date. No need for a lot of precision for that, but it's still quite surprising. Not talking about this year on 2 digits only in 199x, but I guess they didn't actually care about the year at all in this case...
Anyway in raine this clock is initialized from the pc clock when you launch a game so you get the correct date in "book keeping", but I had forgotten the day of week, I thought it was computed, but no, it's just read as well from the calendar chip. So this one comes also from the pc clock now, so you'll get a precise calendar now ! :) (totally useless, yes, I know !)
- Hum, except that I played at reproducing the level skipper in bublredux using a raine script for the other bublbobl clones. Oh well, the only thing I didn't emulate is the sound effect produced when you change the level. It was just to check it can be done very quickly, and indeed, it's very short to do ! For normal player it means there is a new cheat for all bublbobl clones, "skip this level", completely at the end of the list normally.
Tsss, I release 0.64.3 without finding how the "level skipper" of bublredux works, but I guess it's ok, how such a thing could break ?
Then Stephh explains it works by using p1+p2 together and of course it breaks !
Well the most reasonable solution would have been to just ignore it, the same thing can be done with a cheat in raine...
But I hate these small things when they don't want to work !
So I spent a lot of time on it, it was yet another instruction missing from our beloved mz80 (prefix ed opcode 6b for the technical users). I don't kinow why the guys of bublredux programmed it this way, it could have been done with the standard instructions and it wouldn't have crashed in this case.
Anyway I added the missing instruction and so here is an update with just this thing working.
While I was at it, I updated the bublredux romset from the latest version in the forum thread (january 2015). It doesn't change anything related to this problem. That's all !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.3
Raine 0.64.3: special bubble bobble ! Posted by Tux on Mar 26 2015, 03:51 pm
- I didn't know about the 2 new clones of bubble bobble released in 2013, so I just added them, cleaned up a lot of things in the bubble bobble driver (automatic rom loading, no more bad sounds), added the hiscores for bubble cave and buubble redux to the hiscore.dat (find it in the extras part of the download section). I also added dream land, another clone from 1987, much easier to add now that the driver supports automatic rom loading.
- Except that quite a few small fixes as usual, the biggest one was probably that the cold boot function (f1 key) was broken in quite a few drivers, it should be fixed now, except that some region selection didn't work anymore, renamed a few games to keep hiscore.dat compatibility (the good thing with raine is that the old name is still supported on the command line), hiscores were broken for games using a z80 as their main cpu and which were using automatic rom bankswitch (bubble bobble for example !), there is another zoom fix for neocd/neogeo, a stupid bug was fixed in neocd when reloading the same game, the audio banks are now correctly restored when loading a neogeo/neocd savegame, and wakuwaku7 sound associations are adapted to support the audio tracks from the saturn version.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.2
Raine 0.64.2 Posted by Tux on Jan 07 2015, 10:11 am
- the return key didn't work anymore in the game selection dialog, fixed and commented, it won't happen again.
- the blend options dialog is better and has an immediate effect, no need to reset/reload the game anymore.
- prevent the console from growing all the time once it has its scrollbar !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine v0.64.1
Raine 0.64.1 04.01.15
- raine was exiting if changing the region or reseting a game which was using bld files
- since bld files are incompatible with neocd, bld files for neocd are now read from blend/neocd and there is no file there for now.
- There was a problem with the fadeout effect in the associations of wakuwaku7
- I broke some timers while adding cz80 in 0.64.0, which created some hard to find bug in lots of games, including some neogeo games...
- There is now a "bld files options" dialog which allows to change the transparency values you want, it's in video options and the values are saved.
- I changed the way the audio banking is saved for neogeo, so if you have some neogeo savegames they might not appreciate, sorry for that but it's better now (it won't crash, but maybe the sound will be distorted when reloading the savegame).
- there is some experimental code to draw an opaque hud in opengl, well you'd better not use it, it's slow, but I keep it anyway for now (transparent hud is much faster).
- also when using sound associations, they were not correctly stopped when loading another game, thanks to another fix for mixed mode games recently.