Nowa wersja emulatora maszynek arcade Raine - czas oczekiwania na pełną wersję okazał się krótszy niż można było założyć.
- Ok, finally here is the beginning of 0.63. For now it doesn't have all the neogeo games yet, but since there are now more than 1000 arcade games emulated, I thought it was enough to make a release (1016 games reported by -gl).
- Except that a few fixes went in again, like a better cold boot, yet another improvement for the kof94 neocd "how to fight", memory cards for neogeo get "-neogeo" in their names to avoid to overwrite neocd memcards, the cheat codes were converted from neocd to the arcade version for mslug and mslug2, and a big improvement to speed hacks during raster frames which allows to have them again as a yes/no choice instead of a frequency as in last version.
- Also there is a serious fix about corrupted hiscores which can make a game unplayable, in mslug you can start in an empty 1st level with such corrupted hiscores. It shouldn't happen anymore now, but if you have a doubt you can always delete your .hi files from the savedata directory.
Emmanuel Anne [Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:04:44 +0200 (11:04 +0200)]
Emmanuel Anne [Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:58:36 +0200 (10:58 +0200)]
- neogeo: a few more games and improvements
especially : improve speed hacks during raster frames a lot.
Consquence : they become a yes/no choice again, no more frequency. And memory cards for neogeo get a "-neogeo" in their name since they are not compatible with neocd.
Emmanuel Anne [Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:58:11 +0200 (10:58 +0200)]
- cheat codes for mslug/mlsug2, arcade version
Emmanuel Anne [Sun, 20 Oct 2013 08:56:51 +0200 (08:56 +0200)]
- big typo error in sprites loading this created a display error in kof94 "how to fight" neocd, + prevented correct reload of savegames at this place.
Emmanuel Anne [Sun, 20 Oct 2013 01:30:24 +0200 (01:30 +0200)]
- neogeo: popbounc, but this one refuses to read the mouse...
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:44:49 +0200 (14:44 +0200)]
- trackball for irrmaze
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 19 Oct 2013 13:40:03 +0200 (13:40 +0200)]
- up arrow at the top of header -> end of list
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 19 Oct 2013 10:20:52 +0200 (10:20 +0200)]
- a few more neogeo games todo: add support for the trackball in irrmaze
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 19 Oct 2013 10:11:02 +0200 (10:11 +0200)]
- LOAD_FILL and FILL macro
useful to complete a graphical region which should have a minimum size
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 19 Oct 2013 08:55:53 +0200 (08:55 +0200)]
- fix ghostlop raster interrupt
Emmanuel Anne [Sat, 19 Oct 2013 01:02:03 +0200 (01:02 +0200)]
- some more neogeo games ghostlop has a stability problem with the raster interrupt, to investigate...
Emmanuel Anne [Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:03:20 +0200 (19:03 +0200)]
- and 12 more neogeo games !
Emmanuel Anne [Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:39:05 +0200 (14:39 +0200)]
- fixes when loading neocd after neogeo
the uploads assume some default values in ram, which can be badly altered sometimes if not clearing the ram first. There were possibilities of crash when playing with the the reset and reloading a neocd game at the right moment.
Emmanuel Anne [Fri, 18 Oct 2013 01:25:31 +0200 (01:25 +0200)]
- neogeo: add zupapa, and the crazy neogeo decrypt functions
thanks to the wizards of decryption from mame... !
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:33:55 +0200 (20:33 +0200)]
- neogeo: a few more games, + remove mahjong, fix some z80 banks
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:30:56 +0200 (20:30 +0200)]
- cold_boot: also save the hiscores and stop the cdda before a cold boot
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:29:41 +0200 (20:29 +0200)]
- hiscores: check validity before saving
in a normal situation it's useless, but with neocd for example the game can go to the cd interface, corrupting completely the hiscores, which can have disastrous effects.
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 17 Oct 2013 10:21:29 +0200 (10:21 +0200)]
- cold boot: also erase after z80rom if required
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:45:11 +0200 (09:45 +0200)]
- avoid to erase z80 ram during cold boot !
Emmanuel Anne [Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:44:47 +0200 (09:44 +0200)]
- forgotten debug
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.18 19/06/2021
Raine v0.91.18 19/06/2021
- I might have released 0.91.16 & 0.91.17 too fast, but this one finally holds its promise: all the cps2 games supported (at least those using qsound, gigaman2 being a bootleg without any z80 rom it's out of the list, I even added it to non working games !).
- Except that I finally added some breakpoints in the console for the z80 which helped me a lot to finish this. And updated the help for the regs and break commands, still in the console.
Raine v0.91.17 19/06/2021
- The cps2 music detection was crap in the previous version, here is the fixed version !
- This one is based on reading the code in the z80 rom and using directly a table which describes the sounds to play, so it's very reliable to detect if something is a music, but it doesn't work for all the roms, it works for the majority though. For those which don't work (mainly the oldest ones including cps1 qsound and the newest ones !) the sound commands dialog is simply disabled. Anyway it's good enough for me for now... sorry for the double release !
Raine v0.91.16 18/06/2021
- This version fixes the sound commands for matrimelee and adds support for cps2 games... yeah all of them, even the cps1 games using qsound. It's still quite experimental for the cps2, but it seems functional enough for a release...
Raine v0.91.15 30/03/2021
It's almost only fixes, but there are quite a few :
- unlikely incompatibility between mslug2 & pbobblen, this fixes both this time.
- there were some problems in neocd with speed hacks, they are now disabled for the kof games and kabukikl
- still on neocd, there was a crash when reading an audio track merged with the main data track, this worked before, but anyway it's fixed.
- old capcom savegames prior to some time in march 2020 couldn't be restored anymore, I added a callback to fix things on the fly, it might not work for all the games, I don't have savegames for all of them, but it should work for most of them.
- the year is updated automatically now
- there was a strange "stack smash" on my laptop when opening the console, it happens only on this computer, which has exactly the same software setup as my main computer, so it's probably a gcc bug, but for now I disabled their stack protection to work around that, even if it's required only for 1 file related to the console, I disabled it everywhere.
- the scripts can now handle more than 100 arguments, required for some cheats about the starting level !
- fix pbobble2/2o/2x always on help line cheat
- fix pbobble2 alternate world levels cheat
- fix cheats comments containing ", and handle multi-line comments for cheats, the bottom line of the screen will "flash" if the comment is too long, just click on it to get the full comment. Example of such a cheat: the last one for strider.
- ... and by the way finally update the default background color to be darker and less transparent, I did it here on my default settings a long time ago but I should have committed it, here it is, handy to be able to read these big comments for the cheats. (if you keep your settings while updating and want to try the default new color, just delete the bg_color line in rainex_sdl.cfg/raine32_sdl.cfg in the config directory).
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.13 12/02/2021
Raine v0.91.13 12/02/2021
- the main problem this time is in the 64 bits build, all the kabuki games were broken (pang, super pang, block, pengo, and quite a few cps1 games).
- Also fixes chasehq and continental circus graphics. chasehq and night striker gain a region switch too.
- And a last fix (hopefully !) for the sound associations with kof99, a song which never stopped during the intro.
→ NOWSZY [Atari] AtariOnLine: "Rainer" uwolniony!
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.12 28/01/2021
Raine v0.91.12 28/01/2021
- Cabal (cabalbl) is finally fixed, graphics and sound. The kind of game which seems easy to emulate and which is tricky. This one is quite different in raine, we don't have at all the same way to handle the samples (but thanks for finding the crazy bitswap for the sound command !).
- neogeo/neocd saves didn't contain the 68000 bank, it's fixed (problem hard to locate though !).
- a last fix for the sound associations, the one included in the test build earlier.
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.11 25/01/2021
Raine v0.91.11 25/01/2021
- sound associations fixes for kof98/99/garou and aof3, see mer-curious post
- big toaplan2 update finally. Changes for the romsets : batridera becomes batriderja (mame name), added batsuguna (which is the old batsugun we had before if I remember correctly) and batsugunsp (which is really a special version and not a stupid clone), bgarreganv which was supposed to be a new version of battle garegga, but good luck to find what's changed inside, also bgareggat2 which is supposed to be "type 2", same comment, and bbakraidja which was the old bbakraid. kgpe becomes kingdmgp, same game but different crc for the rom and official mame name, comes with cheats so it's better. sstriker had been mistakenly removed from the list of drivers so it's back, with a new clone, sstrikerk. Also batrider and bbakraid gain the biggest region switch ever seen in raine with 25 countries inside ! Not 25 languages though of course, it's japenese or english for the language, but it's still impressive ! Also there are some new fixes for batsugun inside to handle the graphical glitches, it should be ok until the end of stage 3 if I remember wel, the big boss here is still too black but it's much better than before anyway !
- peekaboo didn't run in 64 bits, specific problem to the emulation there, it's fixed but there are still emulation problems.
- added new clone tetristh which is like tetrist but on some different taito hardware (taito h), but it's exactly the same game though, it's more a curiosity.
- new cheats for the new clones, kingdmgp, tetristh, batsugunsp, sstriker (it's not a clone but it was gone !).
- you couldn't disable the shaders without quiting in this 0.91 version, fixed now (at least in linux, but probably in windows too).
- fixes again region switch for lots of games which got broken when changing something else lately. The list of affected games is big, found out for syvalion.
- avoid deleting a rom when downloading with curl: if trying to get a clone which doesn't exist on the server but it is on the disk without its parent, then the clone was deleted ! Now it's not at least !
- makaiden didn't load its correct gfx rom, so it looked exactly like its parent (very old bug since 2010 !).
- And some big source changes to make rom structs more readable and a little smaller, it should have been done long ago, but there is always something else to do... !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.10 26/10/2020
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.91.9 07/08/2020
- Just some quick hot fixes:
mainly the region selection which was broken for neocd,
a bad sound in opwolf which has been here since the old dos days of 0.28 and before,
wrestlefest is back with some updated cheats, incredible that I didn't get any post about that finally, but I don't miss them (it was badly updated last time),
truxton2 / snowbros 2 were hanging if using the 32 bit version (with mz80),
and the status & clones settings from the game selection list are saved.
The big thing in this release is a fix for the gui display bug in fullscreen, it's not ideal, it currently uses some deprecated api in sdl-1.2, I have tested it only with a windows 10/nvidia system (and linux), so I can only hope it will work everywhere, I'll need some feedback here. The idea is just to try to display the gui in opengl since the bug prevents a proper restoration of the screen to display a non opengl gui. Oh well, just switch to fullscreen, test and report !
- a dos version ! This is the result of finding a djgpp version of gcc in arch, read about it there: There is only a version using allegro for sound for now because it's the sound driver with the best results with "recent" sound cards, if you really need seal to support some extremely old sound card, post something !
- the status & clones settings of the game selection list are now saved and restored
- there is a new cache for the rom directories, it was made mainly for the dos version in an emulator, but it will have an effect everywhere. If you use a rom directory on a removable device, a dvd for example, and you change the dvd while raine is running, the list won't be updated, you'll need to restart raine for that.
- the borderless window was updated since it was useless in windows, now it tries to emulate fullscreen, that is, the window is placed at 0,0 with a full size, the idea was to try that against the bug which hides the gui in fullscreen, but it failed, the bug also shows with this kind of window ! I kept it anyway, now when you switch to a borderless window the window is maximized.
- some fixes for -romcheck and -rcf, and fixed the archive name for bubbolbr1
- it's all bug fixes inside :
- rcf didn't work with romsets using LOAD_CONTINUE (like sonicwi3), it's fixed
- sf2m8 used a dummy rom load instead of a FILL which created a romcheck error.
- don't consider neogeo games as clones of the neogeo bios in the games display
- fix broken iso.gz support for neocd (usually compressing an iso to iso.gz without touching the cue file at all used to work, it was broken in 0.91.6 because of the changes there).
- and neocd again: when trying to guess an audio track name and there is no cue file, check the extension to avoid to select a picture as an audio track !
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.90.7 11/04/2020
- 0.90.7 released, the only changes inside are the custom inputs which are all saved now instead of just what changed from the default inputs, and the small gui fix for dialogs which could have the text of their dialog bar cut if the resolution was too low.
- I just noticed I forgot the cheats.cfg file in all the 0.90 versions, so you can either get it from a previous version, it hasn't changed since 2017, or get it from here and drop the file in the raine config directory... Finally re-uploaded both binary archives with a filled config directory. Missing files were :
- neocheats.cfg: cheats for neocd/neogeo
- cheats.cfg: cheats for other games
- debug_dips.txt: info to access debug dips for neogeo / neocd
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64/x86 v0.90.6 Fix
- fixed also the display of the Region menu when you 1st load a game, it was just displaying Region without anything until the game is run, it was just silly, a misplaced initialization, should have been fixed long ago...
- It also contains the new limit to 320x200 for the game bitmap for those crazy enough to play with this kind of setup.
- Anyway 0.90.6 released !
- For info, a new bug was just fixed, when loading a neocd game which changes its resolution after being loaded you got a totally distorted screen (...)
- (...) Ok, added 2020, it gives me an excuse to call this one 0.90.5, even if the fix inside is really for the 64 bits version and specific to cps2.
For the changes from 11/20/2019, well it was a 64 bit version only 1st, for the rest, there ae quite a few changes, I was tempted to send you to the git log, but I agree that the default version in github is a little terse, you need to click on the commits to get the details and it's not super convenient, so here is the current log until november 20th...
Yeah I add missed a few bioses, not sure all of them are useful for an emu though, the 3.2 had only changes useful for the real hardware compared to the 3.1, but I hadn't time to look at the changes in detail... I added them anyway... ok I am good to reupload something then, at least it goes much faster than before, thanks for the post then !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 28 marca 2020 09:51:35
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 28 marca 2020 22:11:38
- grrr, bad line for starscream, commit too fast...
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 28 marca 2020 21:55:23
- move the cps2 speed hack to a safer area was causing trouble in games such as sfa3, 400000 being used by cps2_output !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 28 marca 2020 09:51:35
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 27 marca 2020 23:39:15
- opengl_reshape should be called at the end of ScreenChange
- instead of at the end of new_set_gfx_mode
- Was creating a distorted screen if a neocd game changed its resolution after being loaded.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 25 marca 2020 09:32:25
- 0.90.2, and no_asm forces building the C 6502 emu.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 19 listopada 2019 17:46:56
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 19 listopada 2019 10:25:14
- fix kazan/lordofk with musashi
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 27 marca 2020 00:33:49
- 0.90.3, the only change are the new bioses but I prefer to avoid to upload 2 different binaries with the same version number...
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 27 marca 2020 00:22:12
- add neogeo unibios 3.2, 3.3 and 4.0
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 25 marca 2020 09:32:25
- 0.90.2, and no_asm forces building the C 6502 emu.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 25 marca 2020 08:28:08
- teach the curl part to retrieve the parent rom
- useful for neogeo roms on a fresh installation, it didn't know how to
- retrieve the neogeo bios previously unless you tried to load it
- explicitely, now it works, it retrieves 1st the game, then the bios.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 24 marca 2020 21:11:12
- make curl optional when building raine
- it's something I hesitated to do, but it requires 7 dlls in windows !
- So it might be a good idea to give at least the option... !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 24 marca 2020 21:08:30
- japenese names in utf8
- these have been broken for ages anyway, it was related to some
- mysterious encoding used by allegro in dos. Now we have the possiblity
- to have them readable directly in the source, the problem is how to
- handle this ? I would probably need someone who can read this before
- using it... ! I commit it anyway, might be useful later...
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 24 marca 2020 14:52:24
- fix some warnings when building no_asm version
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 24 marca 2020 14:50:51
- big update to ease the cross compilation to mingw32
- it now uses a target define inside the makefile, with the 2 default
- targets for arch linux, you just have to uncomment one of these 2 and
- the rest is automatic !
- Also added a few checks for some commands
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 25 stycznia 2020 23:38:52
- Musashi not a submodule anymore
- There is a slight change for raine which was never merged in Musashi,
- and the reverse is also true, I don't need all the code for the fpu and
- the exotic variants of the 680xx cpus, so it's easier to have a separate
- directory here now.
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: sobota, 25 stycznia 2020 22:53:46
- a forgotten file for 0.90.0 and 0.90.1 release !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 29 listopada 2019 11:33:11
- bubblem script to go to level 10 !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 29 listopada 2019 11:11:24
- tconsole: fix a problem with cons->print()
- related to strcpy when the difference between src & dst is only 1. Using
- memcpy instead fixes it !
- This seems related to a very recent glibc version, happens only in
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: piątek, 29 listopada 2019 00:08:53
- a very hard to find typo error
- which broke the speed hacks for the 68020 when using uae !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: czwartek, 28 listopada 2019 23:42:37
- console: fix search with range in where argument
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: czwartek, 21 listopada 2019 14:21:22
- namco: save sound_enable
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: czwartek, 21 listopada 2019 10:51:58
- pengo: fill rom with bf and not ff
- it's said it was verified by mame and the ghosts are really slowing down
- in tunnels with this. Not sure about that, but the new parts in mspac6m
- 2nd level look better with bf, what a weird way to code a rom anyway !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 17:53:03
- pengo.c: fix sprites coordinates and reads out of rom
- sprites coordinates for the ghosts entering the tunels
- the reads out of rom are what made the mspac6m pills of level 2 to
- disappear !
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 13:49:54
- fix possible crash in mspacman/pacman25
- actually it seems to happen only in windows, and it's related to a read
- outside the rom limits
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 08:44:20
- zerozone: unused variable since converting to mapped colors
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 08:44:00
- no raine32 in 64 bits
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: środa, 20 listopada 2019 08:42:58
- fix C video functions glitch
- visible in avsp, qsound logo when using a c-only build
Author: emmanuel.anne | Date: wtorek, 19 listopada 2019 23:03:52
- fix a very rare crash
- 1st play a game with emudx samples without having the files, then a game
- with sound -> crash because audio_sample_rate was set to 0 when the init
→ NOWSZY [Arcade] Raine x64 v0.90.2
- Fixed: It calls itself Raine32 instead of Raine64 (raine.h only, I keep the config file raine32-sdl.cfg for compatibility).
- Fixed: The Q-sound logo is corrupted (Alien vs Predator). It was a bug in the video C functions, I didn’t have a lot of opportunities to test them, so it could affect a lot of games actually, all sprites which are not 16×16 and which use flip (x or y) are affected.
- Fixed: MS pacman (6 maps) is buggy – the 2nd screen is corrupt and you die at the start of the level. 2 things here, the buggy look of the level is the way it is, the most annoying point in my opinion are the invisible super pills, the ones that normally blink, here they show at the start of the level, then disappear but are still there… Also the moving bonuses can pass through walls sometimes ! Maybe I shouldn’t have kept this one, but I was curious… it’s playable anyway. And your crash seems to happen only in windows, it’s a read outside the rom limits, but I wonder how windows does its allocations, normally such a read should land in the gfx zone and so return a value without crashing anything, that’s what happens in linux. Go figure… anyway it’s fixed too, this kind of read affect mspacman and its clones, plus pacman25 (from the comments about it).
- just got an idea of a perl script which helped me to find about 25 games broken with musashi and easily fixable, so updated the binary with this, and here is 0.90.1 (don’t expect any other update this fast !)
- The big news except the new cpu emulators is the support for internet archive roms with curl, which means raine will try to download a rom from internet archive if it’s not available on disk. A lot of things are missing, it’s not done for collectors who want everything, but it’s much better than the very few roms which are really free (f3demo and f2demo, that’s all ?). Here you have all the neogeo roms, some cps roms, and a few roms like 64street.
- drivers updates :
- pbobble2 becomes pbobble2o, and add pbobble2 v2.30 (I didn’t see any improvement to this one and I even wonder if it’s really a newer version).
- bubsymph & bubsymphu disappear and are replaced by the region switch for bublbob2 which is much nicer for me. Also :
- the old bublbob2 which was version 2.50 becomes bublbob2o
- add the new v2.60 as bublbob2
- add the prototype as bublbob2p (it’s an interesting prototype for once, it’s like bublbobl but with the 68020 features).
- The pixel layer emulation is redone because of this game in taito f3, you get better colors, and some experimental strange line scroll effect, afaik it’s only visible in the buble boble 2 prototype, the values are strange I should look into it some more later.
- syvalion was fixed, its mouse control was broken, making it almost unplayable
- more cpu power to arkanoid2, just to make it more fun when the screen is covered with balls… !
- prevent rodland & megablast to crash when loaded
- There was a fix for garou in neocd which was reverted because it was creating to many problems elsewhere. Problem is I lost the details of the garou bug (and the savegame), so I tried a few things, for me it works but I can’t be sure.
- hiscore.dat : the new mame format is also supported (but the old one too, and at the same time !), and it tries to detect when its area is cleared (after a reset or service mode for example, and can survive it now).
- Planned : I might try to switch to sdl2 for windows users and their fullscreen problem, but sdl2 is not an evolution of sdl1.2, it’s more a new lib which happens to have a very few things in common with sdl1.2. Which means that if I add support for that, it will be like a revolution, I’ll have to get rid of a lot of things and eventually re-add them later differently. So it will be a big mess. For now no promise.