Nowe wersja testowa Altirry, emulatora ATARI XE/XL/5200.
Ostatnia pełna wersja tego emulatora, jaka publicznie została udostępniona to Alirra 3.90 z 14 czerwca 2020 r.
Spindizzy (1986, Electronics Arts)
Altirra 4.00 Beta XVII 10/10/2020
- ANTIC: Fixed unstable horizontal scrolling in IR mode 3.
- Fixed horizontal scrolling issues with IR mode 3 (was caused by overdecoding).
- Added an option to invert data for the 815, to emulate the way it reads/writes data inverted from other drives.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XVI 09/10/2020
Altirra 4.00 Beta XVI 09/10/2020
- AltirraOS: Implemented XL/XE NOCLIK variable.
- Cartridge: Fixed MegaCart 512K (3) banking disable behavior to only use bit 7.
- Debugger: .diskreadsec now always uses the virtual sector length for consistency with .diskwritesec.
- Disk: Fixed hang when loading ATX images with extra data pointing to out-of-range sectors.
- AltirraOS bumped to 3.29: NOCLIK is now implemented in XL/XE mode.
- Megacart (3) 512K banking fixed to only use bit 7 for disable.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if somehow a disk image got persisted in settings with an empty path.
- The Wine64 on macOS bug workaround has now been enabled by default -- it activates on the x64 build whenever a bad TEB pointer is detected and the program is running under Wine.
- Debugger: .diskreadsec command now always uses the virtual sector size, for consistency with .diskwritesec.
- Removed an unnecessary stat call in most file open paths and fixed some cases of poorly buffered disk image I/O.
- Fixed bug where some portions of the emulator like the Disk Explorer could not write to double-density boot sectors when formatted by a full drive emulator.
- Fixed bug where XFD image files were always completely rewritten on the first write instead of being incrementally updated.
- Fixed the FDC to use proper write track limits for 300 and 360 RPM disk drives. Removed a hack that had been put in to make the 1050 work, as it now properly runs the FDC in 8" mode as the real drive does.
- Fixed an FDC issue preventing the 1050 Duplicator firmware from formatting disks (waiting too long for initial byte write).
- ATX: Sectors are now properly sorted by ascending position when writing.
- ATX: Fixed bug where an unmatched extra sector info chunk would cause the parser to hang.
- ATX: Added experimental support for double density images. The specification for this is not yet finalized, so this is gated in Tools > Advanced Configuration > image.disk.atx.full_sector_support.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XV 16/09/2020
Diamondz II (Fandal, 2020)
Altirra 4.00 Beta XV 16/09/2020
- Devices: Fixed a case where Rapidus could fail to cleanly switch from the 65C816 to the 6502..
- Fixes an issue with Rapidus emulation where an unclean CPU switch would occur from 65C816 to 6502 mode.
- 815 emulation now supports writing and formatting. Note that attempting to format a format-protected disk (VRWSafe mode) will end up going through the entire format, as the emulator has no way to know that the 815 is trying to format the disk until it's too late to stop it (though it will block the writes).
- Fixed an 815 bug with sector corruption across the index mark.
- Fixed an 815 bug with the drive indicator being left on for drive 2.
- 815 drive ID configuration now works.
Altirra 4.00 Beta XIV 13/09/2020
- Disk: Added full emulation for the Atari 815 disk drive (read only)..
- Fixes to effective address computations for non-history based disassemblies.
- Initial read-only emulation for the Atari 815 disk drive.
For those who don't know, the Atari 815 is an odd duck. It has two drive mechanisms and is the only Atari 8-bit disk drive I know of that has no floppy drive controller chip. Instead, Atari opted to brute force it with a 2MHz 6507 (faster than the computer!), 4K of ROM, three 6532 RIOT chips (mislabeled as PIAs), a MC6852 Synchronous Serial Data Adapter (a.k.a. overgrown shift register), and a data separator made out of miscellaneous logic. It is also the only disk drive that cannot read a single density disk, with its hardware and firmware limited to MFM. It also cannot read enhanced density -- the hardware is capable of doing so, but we'll give the designers a pass for not supporting a format that didn't exist yet. The 815 does support code upload, and a couple of the extra commands are suspiciously similar to ones in the 810 revision E firmware, which implies a relationship between the two. No support for high-speed, sadly, even with the 4K ROM and 2MHz CPU -- and with hardware support for another 2K ROM expansion this drive could have done a lot. As the 815 has no FDC, the firmware itself reads and writes raw MFM data, including scanning for sector headers. The emulator has to synthesize a raw MFM track to support this and without the FDC doesn't know what sectors the firmware is trying to access, so currently the emulation is read-only and only shows track numbers instead of sector numbers. The hardware strips MFM clock bits on read but requires the firmware to encode to MFM and calculate CRC-16s in software. It's surprisingly capable of doing this with the 2MHz CPU and the drive formats with a 16:1 interleave, slightly faster than US Doubler standard interleave. The one sub-par thing I've found is sync -- instead of just waiting for the $4489 pattern to appear, the 815 has to use a two-step process to detect the $44 and then check the $89. This means that it will miss the sync when a pattern like $44489 shows up and makes the drive unusually dependent upon the $00 bytes before the sync. The drive also doesn't report errors the same way as an FDC, although this is hard for me to test as ATX doesn't support double density disks yet and there aren't really any copy protected double density disks anyway.
The 815 seems to be format compatible with other double density drives, including the three boot sector convention -- which is interesting, considering when this drive was made (1980-1981?). It's also the only drive to implement the mysterious Read Spin, Motor On, and Verify Sector commands documented in the Atari Operating System Manual that no other drive implements.
You'll need the 4K firmware to make this work, combining the two 2K ROM images. I've opted for a format where the A107 chip is first and the A106 chip is second, which matches the canonical order in the address space ($0800-17FF). For convenience, it is attached. All copies of the 815 firmware that I have found, including those from Bob Woolley, are the same, with A107 CRC32 32BD3CFD, A106 CRC32 C13657E0, combined CRC32 1527D542. Some dumps come with an extra 6-byte Atari executable header that must be removed.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XIII 10/09/2020
Altirra 4.00 Beta XIII 10/09/2020
- Debugger: Effective addresses are now shown in history in 65C816 mode.
- UI: Performance analyzer now supports dark mode.
- Disk: Added workaround for 1050 Turbo firmware not detecting density if the drive is powered up with a disk already inserted.
- PerfAnalyzer: Fixed painting bug with ANTIC DL event channel at some zoom levels and scroll positions.
- 65C816 execution history now contains effective addresses for indexed and indirect modes. (This doesn't fix the case in the console window yet, which uses current state instead of history state.)
- Added workaround for 1050 Turbo power-up density detection bug: when a power-up occurs with a disk already in the drive, the emulator toggles Not Ready until the firmware notices the disk.
- Performance analyzer now supports dark mode.
- Fixed a redraw issue and potential crash with the ANTIC display list (DL) timeline in traces. This typically manifested as it not drawing at some zoom levels.
- Improved performance of the video trace timeline by caching the bitmaps and fixing a bug that caused an overly expensive downscaling filter to be used.
- Added an awful hack to try to work around the problems in Wine64 on macOS: specifying /macwine64hack on the command-line will try to work around the broken GS: selector that only works for gs:[30h] and gs:[58h] offsets and causes newer Visual C++ runtimes to crash, by patching the CRT to go through the TEB->Self pointer instead. If this works then it can be made a bit more automatic.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XII 03/09/2020
Montezuma Redux (Hack) (2020, Tix).
Altirra 4.00 Beta XII 03/09/2020
- Fixed regression in 810/1050 full drive emulators where non-Happy810 drives ran at 265 RPM.
- Frame PC bank is now set correctly when hitting a breakpoint in 65C816 mode.
- Added 1050 turbo II ROMs to the autodetect list.
- Happy 810 autospeed RPM now updates immediately when changed while drive is in optional speed mode.
- Fixed a bug with the caret sometimes jumping to a weird position when expanding a JMP/JSR target in the Disassembly window.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XI 26/08/2020
Dizzy (Codemasters Software Company Limited, 1988), port on Atari 2020 by Fandal
Altirra 4.00 Beta XI 26/08/2020
- PCLink: Now uses last write timestamp for files instead of creation timestamp.
- Disk: Virtual SDFS volumes now use creation timestamps for directories.
- "Disk is not supported" warning now displays the geometry of the unsupported disk.
- Floppy disk controller emulation now supports formatting 512 byte sector geometries for full disk emulators. In particular, the TOMS Turbo Drive can now format in DD 512 mode.
- High density / 8" timing is now tracked as part of disk geometry.
- 512 byte sector geometries are now supported in ATR images. Standard PC 160K/180K/360K/720K/1.2M/1.44M geometries are supported, and anything up to 1.44M is mapped to floppy geometry with 1:1 interleave.
- Happy 810 autospeed mod RPM is now adjustable.
- Virtual SDFS and PCLink handlers now consistently use creation date for directories and last modified date for files.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test X 24/08/2020
Altirra 4.00 Beta X 24/08/2020
- PCLink: Fixed reversed PCLink directory sort order.
- Increased write complete delay for standard disk emulator with accurate timing off.
- Fixed reversed PCLink directory sort order.
Altirra 4.00 Beta IX 23/08/2020
- Disk: Added option in Disk Drives dialog to show location of mounted disk images in File Explorer.
- Firmware: Warn if ROM image being added is blank.
- Fixed new status/read-PERCOM timing not working with accurate disk timing disabled (warp-rotation mode).
- Added option to Disk Drives menu to locate the mounted disk image file in Windows Explorer.
- Added warning when adding a firmware image file that is blank.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test VIII 23/08/2020
Oil's Well a.k.a. Oils Well (Sierra On-Line, Inc., Oct, 1983)
Altirra 4.00 Beta VIII 23/08/2020
- Disk: ATR loader now matches 77-track disk geometries for 8" disks.
- Disk: Added support for Happy 810 Autospeed mod.
- Disk: Percom RFD-40S1 double-clock mode is now implemented.
- Disk: Fixed corrupted double-density ATRs being written in some cases from full disk drive emulators.
- Disk: Fixed bug with final write from full drive emulators not always triggering auto-flush.
- Disk: Fixed corruption of first byte sent by 810/1050 full drive emulators.
- Disk: Recalibrated ACK-to-Complete delays for the standard disk emulator for Status and Read PERCOM Block commands based on firmware timings.
- Cassette: Fixed regression with proceed/interrupt turbo modes not working.
- Debugger: .disktrack command now works with geometries other than 18 sectors/track.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test VII 27/07/2020
Altirra 4.00 Beta VII 27/07/2020
- Display: Dropped support for DirectDraw and OpenGL.
- Input: Relative mouse binding and 5200 trak-ball speeds have been adjusted for better uniformity. Existing input maps may need to have their speeds adjusted.
- Platform: Dropped support for Windows XP/Vista; Windows 7 or higher is now required.
- Additions: Replaced ALTXEP8F.SYS fast XEP80 driver with ultra-speed ALTXEP8U.SYS driver with symmetric 31Kbaud communication.
- Additions: Added ALTXEP8P.SYS and ALTXEPUP.SYS variants with auto-switching to PAL (50Hz) on initialization.
- Additions: Added XEPVHOLD.COM utility to improve XEP80 video timing compatibility with modern displays.
- Cassette: Added support for KSO Turbo 2000.
- Custom Devices: Scripting support added for break, while, do/while, and forward declarations.
- Custom Devices: Added support for creating alternate video outputs and PBI IRQs.
- Debugger: On-screen watches can now update continuously as well as per-frame.
- Debugger: Watch expression (wx) now has options for hex formatting.
- Debugger: Extended cartridge bank debugging support to MaxFlash 1Mbit and SDX 64K/128K cartridge types.
- Debugger: Memory window now supports scrolling, variable width, and graphics decoding.
- Debugger: Improved speed of console output window.
- Debugger: Added .fpaccel command to selectively toggle math pack acceleration routines.
- Devices: Added Percom AT88-SPD emulation.
- Devices: Percom AT-88 emulation now allows 1791/1795 FDC selection.
- Disk: Disk rotational positions are now randomized on periperal reset.
- Display: New Palette Solver in Adjust Colors dialog to derive color parameters from a palette file or photograph of a palette image.
- Display: Added white monochrome mode.
- Display: Added option to constrain mouse pointer to active display in full-screen mode.
- HDevice: Lifted 16MB file size limit for untranslated access (H1-H4:).
- Input: Added support for XInput 1.4.
- Input: Added an option to use the Raw Input API (Configure System > Input).
- Input: Added an option for immediate potentiometer updates to reduce paddle and 5200 controller latency.
- Input: Mouse, trackball, and 5200 controllers now accept mouse delta bindings to Left/Right/Up/Down, and paddle controllers accept digital bindings to Left/Right.
- Input: Added preset template generator for input maps to make it easier to set up less common controller setups.
- Platform: Added option to poll virtual disk and H:/PCLink sources for systems that have broken file change notifications.
- POKEY: Improved audio filters for better performance and aliasing rejection.
- Simulator: Added centralized randomization control under boot options.
- UI: Dark mode improved with reskinned buttons.
- UI: Added option to auto-hide menu in windowed mode.
- UI: Added advanced configuration dialog to expose hidden, unsupported parameters.
- XEP80: Improved accuracy of XEP80 bit and byte timing based on measurements on real hardware.
- 5200: Rewrote noise implementation again to work around games with buggy joystick position filters (Galaxian) and to avoid drift for relative bindings.
- AltirraOS: Adjusted internal variable usage of P: handler for better compatibility with programs that jump into it without opening P: (Monkey Wrench II).
- AltirraOS: Fixed E: Put Byte routine sometimes returning Y=2 instead of Y=1.
- Debugger: The Find Source File dialog now strips subdirectories when populating the file filter.
- Debugger: Fixed heat map not reflecting reads from some read-modify ALU instructions (e.g. ADC zp,X).
- Debugger: Improved performance of tracepoints that check return values by suppressing UI updates on the hidden breakpoint.
- Disk: Fixed name mangling on virtual SDFS disks for files and directories with names starting with periods.
- Display: Fixed chroma signal having reversed phase in NTSC high artifacting mode, causing chroma artifacts in mono mode to move in the wrong direction.
- Display: D3D9 driver now allocates swap chain immediately to force a fallback with useless D3D drivers that report PS3.0 but only have 1MB of VRAM.
- HDevice: Fixed burst writes not returning error status correctly.
- Input: Fixed arrow keys getting stuck down in emulation when pressing Alt+arrow and then releasing Alt first, with arrow keys bound to a controller.
- Input: Quick maps are now always cycled in sorted name order.
- Input: Fixed controller triggers getting stuck down in some cases when detaching light gun controllers.
- Input: Fixed flipped horizontal relative movements for tablets.
- Input: Trigger targets are now collapsed properly so that multiple mappings to the same target cooperate, e.g. Left -> Numpad7, Up -> Numpad7, Up -> Numpad8, with both keys being pressed and released in any order.
- POKEY: Channel mixing updated to use more representative per-channel non-linear steps.
- UI: Fixed mouse wheel scrolling when the system wheel scroll setting is set to pages instead of lines.
- UI: Profile editor no longer allows parenting a profile to itself or its children.
- UI: Settings load/save code now detects profile loops due to the profile editor bug and forces a reparent to the global profile so settings saving still works.
- VBXE: Improved GTIA state syncing when toggling VBXE on the fly.
- XEP80: Scrolling now always removes one physical line, not a logical line as E: does.
- XEP80: Fixed an occasional issue with indeterminate state after cold reset.
- Percom AT-88 V1.2 ROM added to firmware autodetect list.
- Fixed a bug with script threads in custom devices where the scheduler would screw up with multiple ready threads.
- 6809 disassembler no longer prints branch targets >$10000.
- rawdiskhs.atdevice is now one of the samples.
- Fixed a bug in the FDC where the force immediate interrupt ($D8) command was not triggering an interrupt when interrupting another command, which was causing the Indus GT firmware to hang on a Read Address command with no disk in the drive.
Indus GT should have still worked if a disk was in the drive on cold reset; LMK if you're still seeing the hang. The drive should also still do the power-up seek regardless. I have seen cases where the Indus GT might not init quickly enough if you have an OS that boots too fast, so if it's just missing the boot then increase the power-up delay.
Tagi: Atari, Atari 5200, Altirra, Emulator, Test, Atari Xe, Atari Xl, X64, X86
Inne treści związane z tematem
[Atari.Area] LiteDOS 3.06
Ukazała się nowa wersja minimalistycznego w rozmiarze DOS dla ośmiobitowych komputerów Atari. Nowości w wersji 3.06:
sterownik IDE dla wewnętrznych i zewnętrznych urządzeń zgodnych z MY-IDE,
możliwość formatowania RAM-dysku,
funkcje XIO 39 i 40 mogą ładować binarne pliki wykonywalne,
pięciocyfrowa liczba podająca liczbę wolnego miejsca.
Poza powyższymi LiteDOS charakteryzuje ...
[Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 4.0.2 R22 11/10/2020
Pojawiła się kolejna pełna wersja STEEM'a w mutacji o dźwięcznej nazwie Steaven Seagal Edition z całkiem pokaźną ilością zmian i poprawek. Autor forku powrócił również do rozwoju wersji dla Linuxa - xSteem.
Do pobrania pod "okienka" trzy wersje - "DD" (Dx7) i "D3D" (DirectDraw3D9), ta ostatnia powinna fajniej chodzić pod Windows 10. ...
[Atari] AtariOnLine: Środa z prasą (cz.6)
Zapraszam na środowy przegląd prasy (stąd "Środowisko prasowe", tytuł wymyślony przez Gorgha). Szóste podejście odbędzie się jak zwykle na naszym kanale zoomowym (link na pasku po prawej stronie, także w formie kodu QR), w najbliższą środę, 14 października 2020 roku, rozpocznie się o godzinie 20:00 i potrwa pewnie jak zwykle ...