CrystalBoy Napisany w C# emulator Nintendo Gameboy Color i klasyczny B&W doczekał się nowej wersji. Emulator, oprócz paru tytułów, w miarę dobrze radzi sobie z grami komercyjnymi, jednak parę wersji przed nami aby mógł naprawdę konkurować ze starymi udawaczami handheldów NINTENDO.
Changes for version 1.4
- Now supports loading the DMG, SGB and GBC bootstrap ROMs
- Better GBC hardware emulation (now supports switching to fake B&W mode)
- Using GBC bootstrap ROM allows to play B&W games with automatic color palette
- The GBC automatic palettes are also emulated without the bootstrap ROM
- The OAM and VRAM are initialized more accurately
- MBC2 support (maybe not totally accurate, but certainly good enough)
- Instant FPS calculation… Should be instantaneously more accurate, but much more variable than the method used previously.
- Multithreaded emulation. (Should only improve uncapped FPS for now)
- I did not test extensively with all the rendering plugins, but things should be ok as the UI thread and and rendering thread never execute at the same time.
- Please send a bug report if you encunter a bug related to multithreade rendering…
- LCD and Timer timings emulation redone 95%…
- Compatibility increased
- Wario Land II startup screen now shows correctly
- Link's Awakening's bug seems to be gone
- Brain Bender's startup screen now render correctly, like it did a [very] very long time ago.
- Fixed the sprite priority emulation again… Pokémon Crystal intro should play fine.
- Fixed small - but sometimes nasty - bugs
- Now able to run Mental Respirator by Phantasy (The Gin & Tonic trick is not emulated yet)
- Most demos are able to start or even run correctly. (Demotronic still doesn't, but it helped correct one of the nasty bugs ;)
- This one is compatible with Windows 7 and x64 machines.
- May require installation of SlimDX or some tweaking of the configuration file.
- The emualtion is now paused while resizing the window, and there is a real frame limiter. (Still needs to be improved)
- There is at least one annoying bug in the emulation (affecting only some games, as it seems), which I didn't notice before, this will be fixed in a further release.