This is a tool-assisted speedrun. For more information, see http://tasvideos.org/3774M.html. TAS originally published on 2018-08-29.
Castlevania: Spectral Interlude is a Castlevania fangame for the ZX Spectrum, developed by Rewind and released in 2015. It mostly pays homage to the classic Castlevania games of the NES era, particularly Simon's Quest, but also takes on elements from later "Metroidvania"-style titles in the series.
Plot-wise, the game is set in the early 1800s, a few decades after Symphony of the Night, with the plot aiming to explain the disappearance of Richter Belmont and the Belmont clan after said game. The protagonist of the game is Richter's son, Simon Belmont (named after his ancestor of classic Castlevania fame), who with the help of sorcerer Joseph aims to remove Dracula's evil influence on the world by collecting demonic altar pieces, summoning Dracula, and whipping him to death as usual. However, some things don't go exactly as planned...
Mothrayas (http://tasvideos.org/Mothrayas.html) achieves 100% completion and defeats Dracula in record time. Said 100% completion consists of the following:
* Collect all 28 Altar Pieces
* Defeat all 7 bosses
* Get all 6 boss items
* Get all 9 Health upgrades (HP maxes at 48)
* Get all 7 Heart upgrades (hearts max at 50)
* Get all 8 Metallic Plates
* Apply all 8 Metallic Plate upgrades to the whip
* Get all 6 subweapons
* Get all other town upgrades (warp shrine, 2 map enhancements)
* Complete the map by filling in all map tiles (visit every room)
* Get the "true" ending (trigger Death event)
This is the first ever ZX Spectrum publication on this site.