I kolejna, finalna, wersja AMIGA - WinUAE już dostępna. Dodano kolejną partię nowych urządzeń, które można podłączyć do wirtualnej Amigi (większość kompletnie mi nieznana – moja miłość skończyła się na A500), Toni Willen poprawił kolejną partię bugów... ot, standard;)
Przy okazji i strona, i logotyp przeszedł delikatny rebranding...
Deuteros: The Next Millennium
WinUAE 3.4.0 [21/12/2016]
New emulated hardware:
- OpalVision (OpalPaint, King of Karate)
- Blizzard 1230 MK II and III.
- IVS Vector 68030.
- Blizzard 1230 MK II and III SCSI Kit.
- Expansion Systems Dataflyer Plus.
- FileCard 2000/OSSI 500
- Mainhattan A-Team.
- Microbotics HardFrame.
- SCRAM 500/2000.
- Ariadne II.
- LAN Rover/EB920.
- NE2000 compatible PCMCIA.
- NE2000 compatible ISA (x86 bridgeboard compatible).
- X-Surf and X-Surf 100 (Partial).
American Laser Games arcade game hardware:
- LaserDisc player (video file)
- Genlock (using video file genlock mode)
- Light gun and buttons.
- RAM/RTG RAM handling updated, all size combinations are now supported.
- Autoconfig board GUI list with custom sorting support.
- RAM Z2/Z3 board full autoconfig data customization support.
- Up to 4 Z2 and Z3 RAM boards can be enabled simultaneously.
- Multiple display and sound boards can be now enabled simultaneously.
- Genlock realtime custom image, video file or capture stream overlay.
- Genlock mode screenshot/video alpha channel support.
- Accelerator board 68000 fallback mode supported.
- Game Ports panel custom mapping autofire support.
- Network access on screen led.
- Single step (emulate one frame + pause) input event.
- MIDI and Genlock video volume control.
- Reduced input latency.
- Reduced WASAPI sound mode latency.
- WinPCap network mode now uses generated local MAC address, no more MAC conflicts between Windows and emulated Amiga.
- If some RAM board is not JIT Direct capable, only board’s access mode changes to JIT Indirect. Global JIT Direct option is not switched off.
- Most RAM size/position related JIT Direct restrictions are gone.
- Environment variables in file paths (%VAR%) are now always expanded.
- Implemented AGA only bitplane DMA overrun emulation (Moon Child).
- Host path 260 character limit removed (Windows 10 v1607+ only).
- Shortcuts with Shift key work again.
- Custom Game Port remapping does not disappear mysteriously anymore.
- Mounting file with size less than 512 bytes as a harddrive work again.
- CDTV statefiles fixed.
- On the fly directory/archive mounting only worked once under OS4.x.
- Worms DC and ACSYS (possibly others) graphics glitch fixed.
- Bad sprite collision optimization fixed (Jumpman Junior).
- Stop PPC emulation first, before freeing any emulation resources to prevent random crashes at exit.
- FPS.Adj config file handling fixed.
- ATAPI CD emulation odd data size fix (HDToolbox hang)
- default.uae with unplugged device: set to none, not layout A.
» [AMIGA] Winuae 3.4.0 beta 20 Release Candidate 3
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 20 RC3 17/12/2016
- Selecting item from HDF "history" drop down worked strangely depending on Windows version.
- Custom event string delay handling fix if delay was last or single event. (But I don't think anyone uses it this way..)
» [AMIGA] Winuae 3.4.0 beta 19 Release Candidate 2
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 19 10/12/2016
- Some WASAPI buffer size + frequency combinations caused immediate hang at startup.
- Reset confused display vertical positioning in some situations (Incorrectly detected it as "fake" 60Hz-like hack).
- Some adjustments to GUI panel tree view and main view tab order.
» [AMIGA] Winuae 3.4.0 beta 18 Release Candidate 1
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 18 04/12/2016
- Input device on the fly change support now ignores all non-input device change events.
- On the fly switching from keyboard connected to disconnected did nothing.
- Added MIDI out and Genlock video volume setting to Sound panel volume drop down menu.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 17 27/11/2016
- Allow non-power of 2 manually configurable memory size, in 64k blocks. (Unsupported with JIT)
- If possible bitplane overrun situation is active, skip BPLCON0 non-delayed modification optimization. (Massive / Skarla)
- Do not steal focus from tree view GUI panel when moving selection up or down using keyboard.
- Switching from 32-bit to 24-bit address space CPU with Z3 UAEGFX: Mode was changed to Z2 without validating old size.
- Some Z2 fast mem only configs crashed at startup.
- American Laser Games arcade hardware emulation. ROMs added to ROM scanner, LD drive is also emulated. LaserDisc emulation uses recently added genlock video emulation to play the video. (Games will run without video but it also makes them completely unplayble..). NVRAM load/save support. ALG input events added to Input panel. (Pointless genlock video was useful after all!)
- Genlock video file sound track is also supported but it is only played in ALG LD emulator mode.
- Genlock image/video is now always scaled to screen, previous limited integer only scaling is gone.
- Added genlock keep aspect option.
- Picasso IV and x86 VGA ROM file was cleared when loaded. (b12)
- Updated to Visual Studio 2017 RC
American Laser Games configuration:
- Standard A500, KS 1.3, ECS Agnus. Extended ROM = game ROM selection.
- Genlock ALG mode, with video path pointing to LaserDisc video file.
- Input config: Lightpen (do not configure mouse in Amiga mouse port), ALG Right Trigger = fire. Service = service menu. Right Start and Right Coin needed to start the game and use service menu. Mad Dog McCree also needs Right Holster (reload). Player 2 is not fully supported.
ALG discussion: http://eab.abime.net/showthr...
Alien³ (Virgin Games, Ltd., 1992)
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 16 13/11/2016
- uaenet.device unit 0 and 1 (slirp units) didn't open (some previous beta)
- Floppy drive sound volume labels were swapped.
- HDF create size option now accepts decimal numbers. (4.5 = 4.5M. Size is always truncated to 512 byte boundary)
- Microbotics HardFrame SCSI controller emulation. v1.5 ROM added.
- Mainhattan A-Team IDE controller emulation. v1.8. ROM added.
- Immediately free previously allocated screenshot data if screenshot parameters change. (No need to close and open GUI)
- Improve floppy selection drop down behavior. Don't select image until drop down gets closed, sort history list only after combo box loses focus to allow keyboard shortcuts to work properly, cursor up/down works without qualifiers.
- GUI tab-key order updated.
- Adaptec AIC-6250 SCSI chip. Possibly only Amiga controller that uses this chip. Slightly more advanced than 5380.
- True DMA! Off the self 68430 DMA controller.
- v1.5 ROM ("MicroBotics HardFrame Driver 1.5")
- Incomplete emulation, only driver required SCSI chip and DMA controller features are emulated.
- Yet another basic PIO IDE controller.
- v1.8 ROM ("ateam at-bus device driver (romversion) V1.8 (19-Jun-92)"
- "ateam.asm,v 18.104.22.168 92/05/20 20:44:21 ML Rel $ Copyright (c)92 by MAINHATTAN-Data. Written by Mike Lamm. All Rights reserved!"
- Does not seem to support custom filesystems.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 15 06/11/2016
- GUI created pre-formatted DD disks had wrong root block allocation in bitmap. (b7 or somewhere close)
- Enabling Quickstart mode didn't reset all new memory parameters (autoconfig etc), only size.
- Fixed WASAPI sound hang if sound device disappeared/changed modes when emulation was waiting for too full buffer to empty.
- Handle AUDCLNT_E_INVALID_DEVICE_PERIOD and AUDCLNT_E_EXCLUSIVE_MODE_NOT_ALLOWED, do not disable sound.
- WASAPI sound attempts to re-open automatically if for example Windows sound control panel parameters have been changed.
- Changing CPU config during reset (for example using reset input event) didn't always re-initialize all required CPU settings.
- Added RAM to UAESND board. (8M if Z3, 32k if Z2) Can be used for 1:1 physical/logical mapped sample set or sample data storage.
- UAESND sample type variable added, unused for now but if/when there needs to be compressed format support that can be transparently uncompressed using Windows codecs. (mp3 etc..). Sample set structure is not compatible with old version anymore.
- Added keyboard connected chipset option. Inserting keyboard on the fly does usual powerup keycode sequence like any real removable keyboard (for example A1000). Logica diagnostics ROM uses this to detect connected keyboard.
- Sprite to bitplane collision optimization, skip the collision calculation if collision bit(s) are already set (=program does not use collisions), previous fix removed (bad) optimization and unnecessarily increased CPU power requirements when program uses lots of sprites and does not care about collisions.
- Replaced Vector Falcon 8000 v7.1 ROM with correctly odd/even split version and added v7.6.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 14 29/10/2016
- Ariadne network adapter emulation added. (Am79c960 based, improved Am79c90)
- uaesnd update, sample format byte changed, added support for little-endian and signed samples.
- Old NE2000 config entries overrode new style entries until config file was rewritten at least once.
- Sound output frequency max limit increased from 96KHz to 192KHz. (Useless but if you really want to do it..)
- Added missing drive type/feature level options to add harddrive dialog.
- Opalvision updates, OpalPaint palette is now fully visible, interlace mode missing lines fixed. King of Karate confirmed working. PlayAnim24 (which uses sort of polarity inverted control line) works.
Midwinter (Rainbird Software, 1990)
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 13 22/10/2016
- Fixed double free in RTL8019 9346 EEPROM emulation. Caused random crashes.
- Implemented DP8390 NIC support (Same register set as NE2000 but without on board RAM "fake DMA" support)
- Added DP8390 based NICs, ASDG LAN Rover/EB920 and Hydra AmigaNET.
- Moved slirp/winpcap option to Expansions -> Network Adapters. Note: Still can't have more than 1 network device active.
- Removed A2065, NE2000 PCMCIA and Realtek 8029 PCI GUI checkboxes. Everything is now under Network Adapters.
- Expansion device select menu sorting fixed.
- winpcap mode now by default uses generated local MAC address (aa-82-8a-xx-xx-xx xx=from physical NIC MAC), or if A2065, it uses real A2065 00-80-10-xx-xx-xx MAC. This fixes conflicts with Windows' use of same physical NIC. Custom winpcap MAC address can be forced by editing config file (*_rom_options=mac=xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx). GUI is not yet supported. Physical NIC is also switched to promiscous mode automatically if NIC MAC does not match Amiga side MAC.
- Ignore all received winpcap packets when emulation is paused.
- FFS partition HDF (with WB 1.3 disk L:FastFileSystem) now fully boots under KS 1.0.
WinPCap note: Use http://www.win10pcap.org/ if you have Windows 10. NOTE2: It has a bug that causes "FATAL Bad Memory Block." errors to appear in winuae's log. It is fortunately harmless. https://nmap.org/npcap/ may also work. (npcap DLL path locations are now supported)
NOTE: Only 3.3 (and older) config files with old style A2065 or RTL8029 PCI config entries are loaded. 3.4 beta created config files need manual A2065/RTL8029/NE2000 PCMCIA reconfiguration. Old config entries are still created for backwards compatibility but they are ignored when loading.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 12 15/10/2016
- If genlock is active, mode is not "-" and new genlock alpha option is checked, screenshots and avioutput videos include alpha-channel generated from genlock transparency data. Only works in 32-bit mode and may not work if capture before filtering is not set.
- Added genlock video input events: restart, pause/unpause, next and previous frame.
- WASAPI shared mode uses lower latency mode introduced in Windows 10 that allows sub-10ms latencies in shared mode (if sound driver supports it). Buffers larger than 10ms and non-Windows 10 systems use "old" method.
- "Min" (WASAPI only) sound buffer setting added. Selects smallest buffer size that driver supports.
- WASAPI sound buffer size adjusted. All buffer size values now allocate smaller buffer than previously, pull (event) mode is much more stable than previously used push mode, there is no need for very large buffer sizes anymore.
- WASAPI sound automatically switches to default device if current device disappears (for example unplugged USB sound card/headset)
- Added RTL8019 9346 EEPROM emulation.
- Ariadne II NIC emulation. RTL8019AS based. (9346 contents are not correct but driver does not seem to care)
- X-Surf NIC emulation, also RTL8019AS based. (Including ISA PNP emulation that driver needs...) No IDE support.
- X-Surf 100 (Z2 and Z3) NIC emulation, uses RTL8019AS "compatible" chip. Does not emulate any AX88796B extra features (=only works if driver assumes chip only supports NE2000/RTL8019AS features. Official driver does not seem to use any extra features.)
- Ariadne II and X-Surfs are currently SLIRP-only, no configuration available. Multiple enabled NICs are still also not supported.
- Disable horizontal/vertical filter configured blanking if display port adapter is active that needs RGBI control lines.
- Try to uncapture mouse before showing crash report dialog.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 11 8/10/2016
- Added generic Z2/Z3 autoconfig support to expansion.cpp. Previously each expansion type needed own separate autoconfig handling.
- Ariadne II added but not yet working. Drivers require working 9346 EEPROM chip. (RTL8029 is NE2000 clone with some extra features)
- Any archive mounted as a harddrive: skip files with zero length file names.
- LZX archive mounted as a harddrive: archives inside LZX archive didn't always unpack and zero size files failed to open.
- Genlock custom video file, capture device and image file support fully implemented. GUI support added. Uses obsolete DirectShow SampleGrabber method which is not necessarily supported with all video files/capture devices. Image support requires png image files. Scaling is simple integer scaling. Genlock display changes to blue if image, video or capture device fails to open. Capture option uses default capture device. You may get few seconds of blue genlock screen before capture/video initializes fully. Maximum pointlessness feature level reached!
- uaesnd updates. It can play sound for the first time.
- Test compilation with Visual Studio 15 Preview 5.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 10 4/10/2016
- OpalVision emulation. Not fully supported yet, King of Karate does not work but for example OpalPaint mostly work with some glitches.
- ColorBurst emulation, partial. Only existing software seems to be "CB Paint Update" in TOSEC. ColorBurst is functionally nearly identical to OpalVision but has less features. Note: that most test programs are buggy and very CPU speed sensitive, the slower the CPU the less you see..
- It was not possible to edit directory harddrive volume or device name.
- Current visible RTG display state was not fully re-initialized when system was reset.
- Increased GUI max size limits to support very high resolution screens.
- Some accelerator boards (for example CSMK1) mapped 128k board to Z2 autoconfig space when correct size was 64k. Caused validation halt error and/or reset loop if it wasn't last Z2 board.
OpalVision and ColorBurst note: Multiple per-pixel calculations are needed to render the output (priority/plane/genlock stencil masking, memory bank selection, color modes, copro line-based mode changes, etc..). If it is too slow: buy a new PC. I am not going to optimize it.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 9 27/09/2016
EDIT: New expansion handling is finally getting stable enough. If there is still old beta related unsolved bugs, please report them again.
- Untrap = middle mouse button default was wrong and setting was nearly always incorrectly loaded from config file. (b8)
- Added SCSI+IDE, SCSI only and IDE only Dataflyer Plus options. (SCSI+IDE = default)
- Game Ports panel Remap/test option now supports button-specific autofire configuration. Main Game Ports panel autofire option is now ignored when any custom slot is selected. Other confusing Input panel options may be moved later here with more logical grouping. Does not yet hide options that are not compatible with selected input event.
- Orphaned (no bridgeboard configured) x86 VGA board caused bogus error message at startup.
- Enabling Picasso IV added incorrectly "NOROM" ROM type to Expansions panel.
- For some reason QEMU Cirrus Logic code only stored chip model when initialized for the first time, this caused graphics glitches if any 4M board was initialized after 2M or smaller board. For example Picasso IV + x86 VGA.
- JIT Direct + Picasso IV Z3 was broken in recent beta.
- Added Expansion Systems Dataflyer Plus boot ROM v1.5 and v1.7 to ROM scanner. (v2.1 was added in b8)
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 7 17/09/2016
- CD32 FMV ROM image was not loaded correctly from pre-3.4 config files.
- CD32 first CD audio track play attempt from the beginning was confused with TOC subchannel read.
- Z2/Z3 autoconfig data first byte's upper 5 bits was not editable. Only low 3 size bits should be forced (board size).
- Implemented non-autoconfig RAM board definition support. Added DKB Insider I/II.
- CD emulation didn't automatically load TOC when accessing the CD for the first time and program didn't request TOC previously. (Fixes Buddha ATAPI device not reading CD in non-image mode)
- Added manual (non-autoconfig) GUI memory board support. Any Z2 or Z3 board can be configured as manually mapped.
- Pre-KS1.2 boot support works again. Now expansion tree is build before emulation starts but pre-KS1.2 boot support obviously needs to know KS version before emulation starts but KS won't be loaded until emulation starts..
- Fixed harmless "SCSI command xx, no direction specified!" messages when attempting to play audio CD using hardware SCSI/ATAPI emulation.
- Fixed unstable Portaudio audio in vsync modes.
- Tecmar T-Card RAM works again. First Z2 RAM is emulated as Tecmar autoconfig RAM board.
- Shortcuts with SHIFT work again in optimized builds. It was buffer overflow (reading past end of buffer) very deep in input handling.
- Both SCRAM 500/2000 SCSI board variants emulated (DP8490V = 53C80 and NCR53C94).
- More ESP/NCR5394/FAS216 updates, FIFO in PIO mode only can contain max 1 byte. (SCRAM NCR53C94 fix)
- Otronic Filecard 2000/OSSI 500 emulation. (Official ROM is MIA, Aminet replacement rom works but it needs to be merged first)
- Automatically loaded default.uae with unplugged input device: set it to none, not layout A.
- Include CD/FMV audio caused infinite loop when playing CD audio.
- Disable ROM panel UAE MapROM option if accelerator board emulation is enabled. They are incompatible.
- Accelerator boards that required ROM but nothing was selected: crashed during expansion tree building.
- DD-only drive + turbo floppy mode + standard ADF HD floppy image: valid MFM was returned.
- Ignore all write attempts if standard ADF HD image in DD-only flpppy drive.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 6 11/09/2016
- Workaround for possible NCR53C720+ emulation bug when read is shorter than command's allocation size. CSPPC SCSI driver gets confused if it causes phase mismatch error. (b5 REQUEST SENSE fix caused this side-effect)
- CSMK3/CSPPC/BPPC without UAE Boot ROM: accelerator boot ROM didn't work very well.
- Picasso IV enabled + reset: always caused hard reset.
- If extended ADF's track space is smaller than write length, ignore first bits in sector buffer (it is most likely part of the gap).
- Fill REQUEST SENSE Information Bytes (if SCSI) or Address bytes (if SASI) if error was LBA related.
- x86 VGA board didn't correctly skip autoconfig. (It is technically shared with normal autoconfig boards)
- b5 memory bank update broke ECS 0.5M+0.5M config.
- Compiled again with pre-release MSVC compiler. Does speed now match 3.3.0? (Few reported that 3.4 betas have slower performance) This breaks most SHIFT+<something> shortcuts.. (It appears to be optimizer bug related to 64-bit variables in 32-bit mode) Temporary change, either I'll add workaround or I'll use official version or final/fixed version will be released soon. Only confirming if this helps with performance. (3.3.0 was accidentally compiled with pre-release version..)
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 5 10/09/2016 fix (winuae.7z/winuae64.7z)
Problem: OS4.1. None of my old configurations are started, after the color screen everything stops and remains black screen, i enclose two of my config and log.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 5 10/09/2016
- Buddha Z2 IDE controller emulation added. Catweasel Z2 model optionally selectable (Has nearly identical Buddha hardware, CW part is not emulated). No ROMs added, flash rom images are available from manufacturer's web site. IDE doubler is not emulated.
- Reset drive sound state when emulated Amiga is reset.
- Z3 mapping = Automatic didn't choose UAE mode if JIT direct was enabled and Real mapping would not fit in allocated natmem space but UAE mapping would fit.
- Select UAE mode if Z3 mapping is automatic and UAE fits inside 2G barrier but Real does not. (To better match pre-3.4 behavior, selecting Real in this mode can cause non-booting config if config has enough Z3 RAM)
- 3G of Z3 RAM is now possible (3x1G Z3 boards). 64-bit WinUAE only, can't be fully JIT direct compatible.
- Hardware info GUI panel shows also last Z3 address.
- Hardware info shows Z3 board status info: dark background = outside of 2G border (can cause problems because some exec memory functions that use bit 31 for error status, reset proof programs mainly use them, usually causes reboot loop). Yellow background = board does not fit in address space (32-bit overflow, start address is also 0xffffffff in this situation). Red background = memory allocation failed. Lighter text = JIT direct enabled but memory is not JIT direct capable.
- SCSI emulation request sense always returned allocation field number of bytes even if command returned less data.
- If ATAPI CD data transfer size is odd (which is not valid), ignore last byte.
- NE2000 ISA is now available in x86 bridgeboard emulation. 100% untested!
- Portaudio driver converted to pull mode.
- Added Blizzard SCSI Kit III emulation and boot ROM v1.139.
- Blizzard 1230 MK III ROM layout changed to match SCSI Kit III ROM. (Still no proper dump but I am sure this is correct)
- Fixed M-TEC IDE controller emulation rom handling.
- Low latency vsync + no buffer + WASAPI pull mode should be stable again. (RTG mode: todo)
- Sound audio switch off didn't select correct timing method in WASAPI pull mode.
- Small Z2 RAM (256k or smaller that goes in IO Z2 space) shadowed f00000 UAE Boot ROM in some configurations.
- If only one or more Z3 RAM boards are outside of natmem and JIT direct is enabled: don't disable JIT direct completely but only force non-JIT direct capable Z3 memory banks to use indirect mode.
- Show Tecmar T-Card as "Zorro I" (prototype/unreleased version of autoconfig) board in Hardware info GUI.
- Certain accelerators with autoconfig board didn't appear correctly in Hardware info panel.
- Z2/Z3 memory bank that failed to allocate (out of memory) caused a crash.
- Save image extended adf image was created with smaller max PAL size if emulation was not already started and in NTSC mode.
- Some fake-DMA harddrive controllers with internal buffers crashed the emulation if GUI was opened during internal DMA operation and CPU mode was compatible/cycle exact.
- Separated memory bank pre-allocation and after allocation memory size variables.
- Return correct SASI request sense data.
Blizzard SCSI Kit III:
- PIO-only! I thought all Phase 5 SCSI controllers were true DMA...
- FAS408 SCSI chip which is FAS216 + 128 byte PIO FIFO buffer. (was annoying to emulate without datasheet..)
- v1.39 ROM ("$VER: A1233_VERSION 1.139 (9.5.95)") added to ROM scanner.
- Blizzard 1230 "MK I" to go.. (Does anyone have it? With or without SCSI Kit)
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 4 31/08/2016
- Fixed uaegfx 8-bit mode palette updates.
- Added A2630 v4 to ROM scanner. (v2, v3 and v5 to go)
- Force UAE mapping mode if 1G Z3 Chip RAM size.
- Do not map Z3 RAM (and crash) if RAM allocation fails.
- Improved some "Too much RAM" edge cases when deciding UAE/REAL mode and if JIT direct supported.
- cpuboard_settings config entry wasn't loaded correctly if it had any multiselect options.
- Added IVS Vector accelerator board emulation.
- Added support for accelerator 68000 mode fallback, IVS Vector has different boot menu logo in 68000 mode (It is not possible to boot directly in 68000 mode, IVS Vector boot code needs to initialize first in 68030 before menu in 68000 mode will work)
- Blizzard 1230/1260/2060 68EC020 fallback mode supported. Hard reset restores original CPU configuration. Very pointless but IVS Vector support code already handles it.
- Stop PPC emulation first, before freeing any emulation resources to prevent random crashes at exit.
- Added some predefined autoconfig RAM board choices. Few popular options copypasted from amiga.resource.cx. More later..
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 3 28/08/2016
- PCI ES1370 fixed.
- (Missed from b1 log): CPU Idle logic has been completely changed, now it only has two states, inactive and active. Active state changes internal CPU speed state to approximate and active equals fastest possible mode. Old logic was never good enough. CPU usage was never low enough and it didn't prevent audio glitches.
- Another b1 missed log entry: conditional register breakpoints, break when any CPU register matches (equals, smaller, larger, range). More information in debugger help.
- Do not use new CPU Idle mode in PPC-only configs.
- Low latency vsync really fixed. Can also fix other CPU usage related problems in other modes.
- Hardware info panel up/down button disable logic improved.
- Bitplane DMA overrun 1 cycle adjustment, now it matches real A1200 100%. Possible Disk/Audio/Sprite DMA slot conflicts are not yet emulated. (Causes graphics glitches on real hardware)
- uaegfx vblank interrupt hang fixed.
- Network OSD led was invisible.
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 2 24/082016
- Needed natmem space also included IO only Z3 boards but only RAM and VRAM boards should count. Fixes most "out of memory" errors.
- RTG VRAM outside of natmem space handling is back, RTG works again in 32-bit Windows in "Real" Z3 mode. (also in "UAE" mode if RTG was not first Z3 board and previous board(s) was large enough)
- A2065 didn't work if accessed by PPC CPU.
- Mainboard built-in autoconfig devices were movable (CDTV and A3000 DMAC).
- Hardware info panel move up/down buttons are now disabled when unmovable item is selected.
- Automatic Z3 mapping mode selected UAE mode even when it was not needed. (no JIT direct and not enough natmem space)
- Natmem allocation is still used (if possible) even when starting emulation without direct jit to have better chance for on the fly direct jit switching.
- Low latency vsync fixed.
This should fix most b1 bugs but may also introduce new ones, internal memory handling is still rewritten (some odd memory handling stuff since the JIT was first added are finally going away)
Warhead (Motion Picture House,1990)
Winuae 3.4.0 Beta 1 21/082016
- New GUI panel (currently named "Hardware info") that lists most installed hardware and allows reordering of autoconfig boards.
- Multiple Z2/Z3 RAM boards can be enabled simultaneously. Manufacturer/product or full autoconfig data can be customized.
- Multiple graphics boards can be active simultaneously (with some limitations). Note that there is still only one viewport, END+F9 (this needs simpler option) cycles between active displays.
- Multiple sound cards can be enabled simultaneously.
Expansion device updates:
- Added NE2000 PCMCIA NIC emulation, cnet.device compatible. On the fly insertion/removal supported.
- Blizzard 1230 MK II and SCSI Kit II emulated. MapROM emulated, only power of 2 RAM sizes supported.
- Blizzard 1230 MK III added, ROM software dumped (Physical chip is 32k, boot rom is only 16k, other 16k is either duplicate of first or not mapped, physical dump needed). MapROM emulated, SCSI Kit III not emulated, SCSI Kit ROM is MIA.
- ESP/53C94/FAS216 emulation PIO mode FIFO handling updates. Multi Evolution and E-Matrix work again.
- Catweasel MK II emulation moved to expansion select menu. Network cards may be moved later.
- Multiple different sound cards can be enabled at the same time. (Multiple identical boards not yet possible)
- Sound card audio internal emulation improved, now supports up to 8 simultaneous streams. (1 stream = supports up to 7.1 channel audio. Each stream can have different sample rate.) Each emulated sound card (and CD audio emulation) now dynamically allocate streams on the fly.
- uaesnd hardware "emulated" Z2/Z3 DMA sound card, more information later. I also may write AHI driver later.
- Simplified Blizzard 1230MKIV/BPPC memory layout, now it is always located at $400000-$4fffffff and mirrors are removed (which weren't correctly emulated anyway). MapROM feature emulation updated.
- Added A2620 v1 ROM image to ROM scanner, use correct autoconfig product id, A2620 is product $50, A2630 is product $51.
- Blizzard SCSI Kit MK II:
- FAS216 based, true DMA.
- SCSI Kit MK II only has SCSI chip. Everything else (including boot ROM chip) is located on accelerator board.
- Added network led (N). red=transmit, green=receive. yellow=both in last 1 second or so.
- Input panel always press/onoff option. Click on name of input event to change it. press:each button/key press and release generates only press events. onoff:button press=activate,button release=deactivate. (for example when mapped to warp mode, warp mode is active only when button is kept pressed)
- FPS counter can now show FPS values up to 9999. (was 999.9)
- CD32 logging can be now enabled with command line parameter (-cd32log and -cd32log2). Was compile time previously.
- If config file has input device(s) with empty name, insert it in first free slot instead of dropping it.
- Moved Logitech LCD updating to separate thread. LCD updates using new API are slower, at least in some situations.
- Catch console window CTRL+C and window close button click and remove notification icon before exiting.
- Custom game port settings were lost if they were edited again or config was loaded.
- Floppy drives 2 and 3 didn't have same floppy sound default volume as 0 and 1.
- Mounting file smaller than 512 bytes was mounted as a zero block size virtual harddrive.
- Don't try to set D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_TWO in windowed mode (D3D error in low latency vsync with 100Hz+ desktop refresh rate).
- Limit joystick buttons to 20 (not 32) to leave space for [+][-] events, both share same max 32 button space. Also check limits correctly, previously it was possible to have >32 buttons causing strange input behavior.
- Added Single Step input event, when activated, unpauses (if paused), emulates one field and then (re-)activates pause.
- When paused, show current field, not previous field.
- FPS.Adj was not saved to config file and load duplicated built-in PAL/NTSC entries.
- Environment variables in file paths (%VAR%) are now always expanded internally.
- Event ("pull") mode audio support added, currently only supported by WASAPI (Vista or later only). Lower sound latency, no need for extra sound sync adjustments and also should be more stable.
- SND% is hidden in pull mode, status is not that simple to calculate.
- CDTV statefiles work again, support was broken in some recent previous version.
- Starting AVI recording from shortcut didn't initialize audio if both video and audio was enabled.
- -scanlineadjust <lines> command line parameter, added to low latency vsync scanline counter to manually adjust frame flip vertical position.
- Added longPathAware manifest entry (Removes 260 character path limit, supported by Windows 10 version 1607 or later)
- Network drive ("Include network drives.." option) device name is now NDHx: to reduce possible name conflicts.
- On the fly directory/archive mounting only worked once under OS4.x.
- Max windowed mode window size was still restricted to very old 3072*2048 max resolution.
- added "default" displaydata parameter, always selected if no other displaydata entry matches.
- added "custom" displaydata parameter, previously existing pal and ntsc parameters now only match standard PAL/NTSC modes, custom matches any programmed (BEAMCON0 bit 7 set) mode.
- Reduced input latency.
- 24-bit addressing on the fly change + reset crash fixed.
- Disable AGA subpixel scrolling if odd and even plane has different subpixel scroll value, current emulation can't support it. (Worms DC and ACSYS)
- Added hack that fixes Smooth Copper part in demo Coolfridge / Upfront.
- Sprite to bitplane collision stupid optimization fixed. Fixes Jumpman Junior.
- Emulate "extreme" AGA-only bitplane DMA overrun special case, if display position is exactly right, it is possible to have overrun that does not conflict with other DMA channels (at least when disk DMA is inactive), 32/64-bit fetch mode only. Fixes game Moon Child.
- Implemented "secret" Akiko PIO mode CD command/response packet transmit/receive emulation.
- Fixed edge case where invalid word or long access (by some buggy program) to end of UAE expansion space crashed the emulation.
Graphics card emulation updates:
- Multiple cards can be now enabled simultaneously, for example UAEGFX + PC Bridgeboard VGA.
- Limitations: Only one uaegfx, A2410 and x86 bridgeboard VGA supported simultaneously. Uaegfx must be first (if enabled) card. Any Cirrus Logic based card can be enabled multiple times (up to 4). Invalid config is automatically fixed.
- END+F9 cycles between displays (native->gfx board 1->gfx board 2->..->native). Inactive displays are skipped.
- Board name is shown in status bar when manually switching.
- After reset, board that initializes its output first gets autoselected replacing chipset display.
- Autoswitch status bar message is only shown if more than one board is configured. Bridgeboard VGA never autoswitches.
- NOTE: still no support for multiple outputs visible at the same time.
Expansion/autoconfig handling updates:
- All autoconfig boards and their final addresses are now known before emulation starts.
- Added new GUI panel that shows all configured expansions (expansion = autoconfig boards and few other internal expansions. Others will be added later, perhaps also other types of hardware information lists), autoconfig addresses and board locations are always updated in real time.
- RAM board manufacturer and product id or full autoconfig data can be set/modified per board. (But you are on your own if you change board size bits without matching configured board size!)
- All Z2/Z3 autoconfig boards (includes HD controllers, sound cards etc) can be manually reordered.
- Multiple Z2 and Z3 RAM cards are now supported. (Max 4 at the moment)
- All RAM size combinations are now supported (Previously second board had to be smaller or same size as previous)
- Most autoconfig related config validations removed, for example if you add more than 8M Z2 fast, config is not automatically fixed anymore, result now depends on what KS autoconfig code does.
- Multiple Z2 HD+RAM boards are now fully supported, RAM board's autoconfig data is now always copied from HD board's data structure instead of always using first HD controller's or default autoconfig Z2 RAM data.
- Accelerator with Z2 RAM will be always paired with first Z2 RAM board.
- New RAM select menu also shows paired Accelerator/HD expansion.
- Default autoconfig sort order is optimized for best fit, boards are ordered from largest to smallest.
- Moved GUI sound card options to SCSI/IDE/etc expansions section.
- Built-in SCSI and IDE controllers are now separate expansion devices (old GUI options still work, there is no need to use Expansion GUI to enable them). They are also not anymore listed in HD controller list if not enabled.
- A1200/A600 PCMCIA is now single option in HD controllers and also only listed if PCMCIA configuration is enabled. SRAM/IDE selection moved to separate select menu.
- 128k UAE Boot ROM works now even if autoconfig address is not 0xEA0000.
- If there is not enough memory, error message is shown and GUI reappears. Memory sizes are not automatically lowered and retried like previously (It would get really messy without old RAM size restrictions). This can break old configs that only worked because of memory allocation retries.
- Most RAM size/position related JIT direct restrictions should be gone.
- Multiple PCI and x86 bridgeboards are now automatically disabled. (Has always been unsupported config) Support can be added if there really is some real world situation where it makes sense.
- Expansion device lists are now alphabetically sorted.
- WD33C93 based SCSI controllers with drivers that execute directly from boot ROM (not copied to RAM) are now JIT direct compatible, for example A590/A2091. (Others aren't yet converted to new expansion handling)