Nowa aktualizacja środowiska ScummVM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion), które pozwala na nowo odkrywać czar starych gier typu "point and click", na praktycznie każdej platformie, począwszy od Amigi a skończywszy na urządzeniach mobilnych.
Z nowinek dodany GNAP lub inaczej U.F.O.s, Myst i parę tekstówek Sierry, dodatkowo Scumm wzbogacił się o moduł updejt, który zadba aby wersja programu była jak najbardziej na czasie.
W downloadzie wersja dla PC, a dla pozostałych platform należy odwiedzić Oficjalną stronę projektu
U.F.O.s (a.k.a. GNAP: Der Schurke aus dem All)
ScuMM Virtual Machine 1.9.0 (2016-10-17)
- Added support for Myst.
- Added support for Myst: Masterpiece Edition.
- Added support for U.F.O.s.
- Added support for Hi-Res Adventure #0: Mission Asteroid.
- Added support for Hi-Res Adventure #1: Mystery House.
- Added support for Hi-Res Adventure #2: The Wizard and the Princess.
- Fixed audio corruption in the MS ADPCM decoder.
- Fixed audio pitch in the CMS/GameBlaster emulation.
- Switched SDL backend to SDL2 by default. SDL1 is still a fallback.
- Added support for Hercules rendering. Both green and amber modes are supported.
- Added support for the Hercules high resolution font. The font is also usable outside of Hercules rendering.
- Added optional "pause, when entering commands" feature, that was only available in the original interpreter for Hercules rendering.
Beneath a Steel Sky:
- Fixed a bug that could possibly make the game unfinishable due to a wrong animation for Officer Blunt that makes further interaction with this character impossible.
- Fixed graphical issues in Gobliiins (EGA version).
- Updated Italian EOB1 translation.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash in Lands of Lore.
- Fixed a missing dialog line in QfG3 which awards the player with 3 additional points. This is a bug in the original game interpreter. Due to this bug, it was not possible to get all points in the original game.
- Fixed a bug in Space Quest 1 that caused issues with the spider droid.
- Fixed a bug in Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest that could cause a lock-up when interacting with the armor in room 37 (main house, downstairs). This bug is also present in the original game.
- Fixed auto-saving in the fan-made Cascade Quest.
- Fixed a game bug in the Conquests of Longbow scripts that could cause crashes in Sherwood Forest.
- Added support for the ImagiNation Network (INN) demo.
- Fixed missing translations in the in-game quit and restart dialogs in Pajama Sam 1.
- Fixed visual glitches in DOTT that occured after loading a savegame with the stereo in Green Tentacle's room turned on.
- Improved timing and pathfinding in Maniac Mansion (C64 and Apple II versions)
- Added support for the Dutch demo of Let's Explore the Airport with Buzzy.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash in The Case of the Serrated Scalpel.
- Fixed an issue with item hotspots in The Case of the Serrated Scalpel.
- Fixed a bug that caused game lockups in the inventory of The Case of the Rose Tattoo.
- Added support for AmiUpdate autoupdates.
- Added basic support for the snap packaging system.
- Fixed taskbar support on Windows 10 onwards.
- Fixed keymapping for non-QWERTY keyboards.
- Added support for WinSparkle updater.
I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream. Photo@Project
ScuMM Virtual Machine 1.8.1 (2016-05-24)
- Added Nintendo 3DS port.
- Added Android SDL port.
- Removed TESTING flag from several supported games.
- Added Chinese Pinyin translation.
- Fixed cursor stuttering in the launcher that occured on some systems.
- Fixed sound effect loading.
- Fixed text alignment to be faithful to the original.
- Fixed character walking off screen.
- Fixed loading savegames in the Pendulum scene.
- Fixed wrong background for inventory items during chapter 6 in the Spanish version.
- Fixed animations speed (they were running two times slower than in the original engine).
- Fixed noise at start and/or end of speech. This was most noticeable with the Spanish speech.
- Fixed delay when interacting with the verb menu and the inventory.
- Fixed possibility to pick up the axe in the castle multiple times.
- Fixed lock up for some games during sound initialization.
- Fixed potential crash when using swamp snake potion on the rat in Hand of Fate. (NOTE: This fix was included in version 1.8.0, but it was not added to the NEWS file).
- Fixed missing voice reactions when hitting enemies in CD version of Lands of Lore.
- Fixed lock-up during ending sequence.
- Improved internal game controls.
- Fixed lock-up during some in-game animations.
- Fixed user interface colors in the French and German versions of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.
- Make cursor workarounds work properly on OpenPandora (and other devices, that support touch screen and analog sticks/mouse at the same time)
- Script patch to fix broken ending battle in multilingual King’s Quest 5 (French, German + Spanish versions are all broken)
- Fixed invalid memory access, when loading broken King’s Quest 5 credit music track
- Fixed lowres/hires issues in King’s Quest 6 when saving, changing the lowres/hires
- setting and restoring the saved game afterwards.
- Fixed detection of Maniac Mansion from Day of the Tentacle in the Windows version of ScummVM.
- Fixed a sound effect not stopping in Loom EGA with AdLib.
Broken Sword 2.5:
- Added option to use English speech instead of German one when no speech is available for the selected language.
- Fixed resource releasing on game exit.
- Fixed game restart after language change in-game.
- Fixed flickering in main Menu.
- Fixed long save time on Windows.
- Fixed bug in MIDI device listing affecting cases where MIDI devices were not usable.
Nowa gra w stajni ScummVM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion ) The Netherwood (DreamWorks Interactive L.L.C., Microsoft Corporation, 1996)
ScuMM Virtual Machine 1.7.0 (2014-07-21)
- Added support for Chivalry is Not Dead.
- Added support for Return to Ringworld.
- Added support for The Neverhood.
- Added support for Mortville Manor.
- Added support for Voyeur.
- Updated Munt MT-32 emulation code to version 1.3.0.
- Switched from our custom JPEG and PNG decoders to libjpeg(-turbo) and libpng, which are faster and can handle more images. (NOTE: The change to libpng was done in version 1.6.0, but it was not added to the NEWS file).
- Added generic OpenGL (ES) output (based on GSoC Task).
- The GUI can now be rendered in 32-bits.
- The build system has been changed to be more modular and easier to add new engines.
- Added OpenGL graphics mode based on our generic OpenGL output. This allows for arbitrary output sizes. However, it does not support special filters like AdvMAME, HQ, etc.
- Added mouse wheel support for inventory and save game lists.
- Enabled verb name display in Simon the Sorcerer 2.
- Fixed the Feeble Files loyalty rating in the English 4CD version. (This was apparently a bug in the original game. It is currently unknown if other versions still have the same problem.)
Broken Sword 1:
- Added back support for MPEG-2 videos.
Broken Sword 2:
- Added back support for MPEG-2 videos.
- Added an option to enable "Color Blind Mode" to the ScummVM GUI.
- Improved video quality in Urban Runner.
- Added an option to toggle "Gore Mode" from the ScummVM GUI.
- Fixed bug that could cause the music to stop prematurely.
- Fixed several rare crashes and glitches.
- Fixed multiple bugs carried over from the original binary.
- Added support for the more detailed RAVE lip syncing data in the Windows version of King's Quest 6. Portraits should now be much more expressive when talking.
- Added support for simultaneous speech and subtitles in the CD versions of Laura Bow 2 and King's Quest 6 (toggled either in-game with the new "Dual" audio state, or via the ScummVM audio options).
- Fixed music fading.
- Fixed several script bugs in Camelot, Crazy Nick's, Hoyle 3, QFG1VGA, KQ5, KQ6, LB2, LSL2, LSL5, Pharkas, PQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5.
- Improved the MIDI parser so that music event processing is done more properly.
- Changed the saved game naming scheme of HE games to always contain the target name.
- Fixed having multiple coaches in Backyard Football.
- Improved AdLib support for Loom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- This makes sound effects like, for example, the typewriter and waterfall
- in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade sound like in the original.
- Added support for the Steam versions of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Loom and The Dig. Both the Windows and the Macintosh versions are supported.
- Savegames in Tony Tough now work on big-endian systems.
- Discworld 1 and 2 no longer crash on big-endian systems.
- Added experimental support for the OUYA console.
- Added configurable TV modes: NTSC and PAL.
- Added configurable graphics modes: SDTV progressive, SDTV interlaced, EDTV progressive and VESA.
- Added a configuration option for the HDD partition used.
- Added a configuration option for the IP address used.
- Added a configuration option to toggle USB mass storage.
- The BADA port has been merged/updated into Tizen.
- Added support for 3 Skulls of the Toltecs.
- Added support for Eye of the Beholder.
- Added support for Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon.
- Added support for Hopkins FBI.
- Added support for Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths.
- Added support for The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime.
- Added support for the Macintosh version of Discworld 1.
- Added a new save/load chooser based on a grid of thumbnails. This is only supported for resolutions bigger than 640x400. The old chooser is still available and used for games without thumbnail support. It is possible to select the old one as default too.
- Rewrote VideoDecoder subsystem.
- Added Galician translation.
- Added Finnish translation.
- Added Belarusian translation.
- Using the mouse wheel on a slider widget now changes the value by the smallest possible amount. This is more predictable than the old behaviour, which was to change the value by "one pixel" which would sometimes not change it at all.
- Updated MT-32 emulation code to latest munt project snapshot.
- Added FluidSynth settings dialog, mainly for reverb and chorus settings.
- Fixed crash on certain Smacker movies.
- Improved audio support for Amiga and AtariST versions of Future Wars.
- Now music fades out slowly instead of stopping immediately. Sound
- effects are now properly panned, when requested by the game.
- Soltys contains a puzzle requiring the ALT key to be pressed while clicking on an object. This puzzle has been disabled on devices not using this key.
- Resolved multiple UI issues with the original save/load screen.
- Added advanced savegame functionality, including savegame timestamps and thumbnails and the ability to load and delete savegames from the launcher.
- It's now possible to use the ScummvM save/load dialogs.
- The F7 key (previously unmapped) now always shows the ScummVM load screen.
- The F10 key displays either the original save/load screen, or the ScummVM save screen, if the user has selected to use the ScummVM save/load dialogs.
- Now that the game is freeware, there is a small extra help text showing the available commands in the in-game terminals when the player uses the 'help' command. Previously, players needed to consult the manual for the available commands. Since this reference to the manual is a form of copy protection, this extra line can be toggled by the ScummVM copy protection command line option.
- Simplified the movie speed options, and added a custom option for The 7th Guest. Movie options are now "normal" and "fast", with the latter changing the movie speed in T7G to match the faster movie speed of the iOS version. The game entry might need to be readded in the launcher for the new setting to appear.
- Added music support for the Macintosh version of I Have No Mouth and, I Must Scream.
- Implemented Monkey Island 2 Macintosh's audio driver. Now we properly support its sample based audio output. The same output is also used for the m68k Macintosh version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
- Improved music support for the Macintosh version of Monkey Island 1. It now uses the original instruments, rather than approximating them with General MIDI instruments, and should sound a lot closer to the original.
- Added sound and music support for the Macintosh version of Loom.
- Handle double-clicking in the Macintosh version of Loom.
- Major bugfixes in INSANE (the Full Throttle bike fights).
- Added support for Enhanced Music by James Woodcock
Tagi: Retro, Remake
Inne treści związane z tematem
[NES8] Nestopia Undead 1.51 18/05/2021
Nowa wersja nieoficjalnej kontynuacji projektu emulatora NINTENDO 8 (Famicon) - Nestopia. Warto wspomnieć, iż w obecnej chwili Nestopia UE rozwijana jest tylko jako aplikacja pod linuksa i jako biblioteka wchodząca w skład projektu libretro.
[NES8] Nestopia Undead 1.50 03/12/2020
Nowa wersja nieoficjalnej kontynuacji projektu emulatora NINTENDO 8 (Famicon) - Nestopia. Warto wspomnieć, iż w obecnej chwili Nestopia UE rozwijana jest tylko jako aplikacja pod linuksa i jako biblioteka wchodząca w skład projektu libretro. Trochę czasu minęło od ostatniej oficjalnej wersji.
[retro] Hell! Yeah!
Opis: Ty i twój brat bliźniak jesteście częścią elitarnej jednostki służb specjalnych wykonujących ściśle tajną misję. Teraz jesteś atakowany przez dziwne stworzenia i musisz walczyć o przetrwanie w nadziei, że go odnajdziesz!
[BBC] BeebEm 4.16 6/01/2020
BeebEm to emulator całej gamy modeli mikrokomputera BBC Micro, który zawojował Anglię na początku lat 80 i stanowił groźna konkurencję dla powstałego mniej więcej w tym samym czasie Spectrum i C64. Komputer opracowano z myślą o platformie edukacyjnej (BBC Computer Literacy Project) - Micro stał się bohaterem w programów telewizyjnych, czy też był wykorzystywany ...
[Frontend] QuickPlay 4.7.5
Pojawiła się u nowa wersja uniwersalnej nakładki na emulatory QuickPlay - programik, który z ciekawostek np. pozwala zintegrować się np. z GameBase (gdyby komuś nie odpowiadało korzystanie z GB:P), obsługuje również LibRetro (RetroArch)