2019/11/26 2.93 released
- Fixed sprite display processing bug. In "Ys III", fixed a bug that the start screen was missing.
→ NOWSZY [PCE] Ootake 2.97 Fix
2020/03/21 2.97 released
- Solved the problem that when running Ootake v2.96 released yesterday on "Windows7", an error stating "The program could not be started because there is no XINPUT1_4.dll" appeared and could not be executed. (The XInput library used in Visual Studio 2019 has been changed to the "xinput9_1_0.lib" that can be used on Windows7). In addition, it corresponds to work on WindowsXP/Vista
2020/03/20 2.96 released
- This is a notice to those who have built and used the Ootake attached source code file. The version of "Visual Studio" in the development environment has been changed from 2008 to 2019(Community). The attached source project file is for 2019 and cannot be read in 2008. Microsoft's VS2019(Community version) can be used free of charge for personal development.
- "Start Adjust TV Top-Position" was added to "Setting->Screen" menu. You can set the default vertical display start position when using the old TV display mode ([F11]key, narrow range display). In addition, the default value was set to [Pos 1](lines for the upper one dot and the lower five dots are not displayed).
- When using the resume mode ("File->Set Resume" menu), the vertical display start position is saveed for each game, and it takes precedence.
- When pressing the shortcut key of "Screen size switch" during pause, the game will remain paused even after switching the screen.
- Fixed a bug that the buttons did not respond when connecting the second and subsequent joypads.
- After setting shortcut keys such as the fast-forward button ("Speed-> Configure VSpeedUp Bttuon" menu), the problem that the joypad operation was not accepted until Ootake was closed once and started up again was fixed.
- Speed and timing are closer to the actual machine. Solved the problem that the status display sometimes fluctuated in "Dungeon Explorer".
- Fixed a bug that Ootake stopped when the number of CD-ROM drives increased or decreased due to virtual CD software, etc.
- The screen fluctuates when pressing the [F11] key to enter overscan TV mode in "Ryuuko no Ken" (software that has low resolution at the top of the screen and high resolution at the bottom of the screen) was fixed.
- Other minor details have been fixed and improved.
→ NOWSZY [PCE] Ootake 2.95
2020/02/07 Ootake 2.95 released
- "Windows Pad Order" has been added to the pad setting screen. When connecting two or more Windows Gamepads, you can set which pad is assigned with the highest priority. Use this when the second and subsequent pads are connected, and the priority of the pad that was originally changed is lowered and the setting is shifted.
- "Overscan TV Mode" has been added to the "Screen" menu. Since v2.92, the aspect ratio is displayed more accurately, but black belts are displayed on the left and right in the 256 dot horizontal mode. When this menu is selected, the black belt display part can be eliminated and the left and right full window display (similar to Ootake before v2.91) can be made. However, 6 dots at the bottom of the screen are hidden to maintain the aspect ratio. Originally, "6 dots at the bottom of the PC Engine screen" is rarely used for important displays, and most games can be displayed without any problems. I think that many old CRT televisions for home use had a display in this range. Use it when you want to play in that atmosphere or when you want to capture with the left and right filled when capturing the screen. You can also switch this by pressing the [F11] key.
- "Adjust TV Top-Position" has been added to the "Screen" menu. In "Overscan TV Mode", you can adjust the vertical display start position. It can also be adjusted by pressing the [Ctrl]+[F11] keys multiple times.
- The shortcut key of the overscan area display was changed from [F11] key to [F12] key. [Ctrl]+[F12] key can also be used to display the overscan area of top only. * [F11] key switches overscan TV mode. * If you want to switch to full screen, press [Alt]+[Enter] key. Also, when displaying the overscan area, only the top and bottom areas are displayed by default.
- When pressing [F12] key while pressing [Ctrl] key, only the top part is displayed in the overscan area.
- "Start Overscan TV Mode" has been added to "Setting->Screen" menu. Use this mode when you want to switch to overscan TV mode (the viewing range is as narrow as an old home TV) from startup.
- Cleaned up the "Capture" menu. Also, screenshot size and drawing method are displayed in the menu.
- "Overscan display state" is not restored during normal state loading. It restores only when loading resume(Turn on the "File->Set Resume" menu).
- When switching overscan area display ([F11] key) in window mode, if the window is below the center of the desktop screen, the window position after switching is adjusted to the bottom side.
- In the audio graph display (, keys), in some games, the yellow graph remained even when the DDA sampling sound was muted. This problem has been corrected.
- Fixed the problem that the pad was not reflected when changing the gamepad while Ootake was running when setting the gamepad.
- "1366x768" was added to the FullScreen resolution setting menu field.
- "FullScreen 640x480 60Hz" in the "Screen" menu (for switching to full screen mode with any PC environment) has been changed to "FullScreen 800x600 60Hz". Also, at the time of execution, the drawing method is returned to the default(Direct3D).
- When switching to full screen ([Alt]+[Enter] key), the screen is switched stably even in a PC environment where the available memory is low.
- Fixed a bug (from v2.92) that it display was shifted in a game that can play with 4-split display.
- The speed and timing have been made closer to those of the real machine. In "Chibi Maruko Chan", solved the problem that the display of the raster interrupt part was distorted when clearing the stage.
- Fixed a bug that recording of the play record function ( "Capture->Play Record" menu) was not performed correctly at some games.
- Other minor details have been fixed and improved.
→ NOWSZY [PCE] Ootake 2.94
2019/12/25 2.94 released
- "*About Windows Display-Lag" was added to "Screen" menu. Displays the Windows (video card control panel) setup method for "realizing low display-lag" with V-Sync. The following is the contents. Windows settings are required to run Ootake with the same operational feeling as a real machine. If the Windows graphic driver is set to perform vertical synchronization (V-Sync), it will interfere with the Game's V-Sync and cause "Display Lag".
Right-click on an empty area of the desktop and open Settings (Control Panel) of the video chip maker(NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and set "Vertical sync" in "3D(game) settings" to "Off".
These settings can be made for each game with NVIDIA and AMD. With GeForce, if Windows10/8, set "Low Latency Mode" to "Off" at the same time (necessary to reflect the vertical sync off). For Windows7(Non-Aero) and earlier, it is recommended to set "Low Latency Mode" to "Ultra" to further reduce the display lag. "Ultra" at "Low Latency Mode" is recommended for Win7(non-Aero). On the contrary, please pay attention that "Off" at "Low Latency Mode" is recommended for Win10/8 (in case of Ootake).
This situation may change depending on future driver updates.
The program has been optimized so that even the "PC with power saving settings" will not lose processing and will operate like a real machine.
In addition, if you use "MSI AfterBurner (video card utility software)" which is considered to be used by a large number of users, if power saving is set, processing will periodically drop and Ootake is not working smoothly (The same problem exists for games with a low GPU load other than Ootake).
In the case of using AfterBurner or in a PC environment where the processing drops even with v2.94 this time, set the power saving setting in the control panel of the video card driver (for GeForce "Manage 3D Settings"->"Power management mode"), try setting to not save power ( "Prefer maximum performance"). By the way, AfterBurner's similar software "ASUS GPU Tweak II" works comfortably without the Ootake processing drop even if the PC was set to power saving (With even MSI's video card works well).
Made the gamepad settings easier. Directional pad is common setting for all 2-button, 3-button and 6-button pad settings, and only button setting is set for 2-button, 3-button and 6-button pad respectively.
Corrected left and right black belt processing in horizontal 352 dot mode. In the scene of "Ijuin appearance" of "Tokimeki Memorial", the problem that white flash processing was spread too much was solved.
When "R-TYPE Complete CD" is played so that flickering of sprites is not reproduced (default), the black band display on the left and right sides of the screen is visible without being hidden (similar to the HuCard version). In addition, "R-TYPE (U)" has been operated in the same way ( I had an overseas person check the operation. Thank you).
Added "FullScreen 240Hz" to the "Screen->FullScreen Customize" menu.
Added (Revived) "DirectDraw (Old)" to the "Setting-> Screen" menu. Drawing with DirectDraw was deleted in v2.92, but this time it has been restored. Although it is an old drawing method for PC of the age of Windows95, it is still useful when using "low resolution full screen". Use it when you want to display dot-by-dot with cathode ray tub (CRT). In addition, when drawing DirectDraw, the display of "Sound Graph (Info-> Show Audio Channel Graph)" and "x5 times display" added in v2.92 are not supported. With DirectDraw, even when new functions are added in the future, new functions are probably not supported due to development time.
When resume loading each game, "Window non-stretch setting at the last play" is also restored. Basically, most games are well made to the 4:3 ratio, so it's not recommended unless personally enough, but if you have a game that is easier to play with dot-by-dot, use it Please do it.
When overscan area display switching (F11 key) is performed in the window mode, centered the window (center position adjustment) for both horizontal and vertical.
When switching from full-screen display to window display, if the resolution setting for full-screen display was set low (default), fixed a bug that reduced the size of the window display.
Fixed a problem that V-Sync was not perfect and tearing occurred depending on some PC environment when playing in the "x4" window size.
Other minor details have been fixed and improved.
→ [PCE] Ootake 2.92
2019/11/24 2.92 released
- Added "Show Audio Channel Graph" to "Info" menu. During game play Sound Volume Graph of each channel (6 channels + ADPCM + CDDA) can be displayed.
- Green graph ... Wave Memory sound
- Pink graph ... Noise sound
- Yellow graph ... DDA Sampling sound
- Orange graph ... LFO Modulation sound
- White (2nd right) ... ADPCM (CD Game only)
- Purple (1st right) ... CD-DA (CD Game only)
- A channel whose graphs are "divided into left and right halves" is a channel that is playing with Stereo Sound.
- You can also switch the display position and hide it by pressing  and  (numeric keypad is disabled) on the keyboard.
- Fixed the processing timing of the built-in sound source (wave memory sound source). In "Xevious", an issue that sometimes caused the number of sounds to be low (occurred from recent versions) has been resolved. Also, I think that the tone has approached that of a real machine.
- Added "Size x5" to the "Screen" menu. * The enlargement process is heavy on older PC. In that case, please use full screen mode without overdoing it. By the way, when the distance to the display is short, "Size x3" size is more beautiful and still fits in the field of view, so it is recommended to play comfortably. "Size x5" is useful for small displays such as small 4K displays and when you want to play a little away from the display.
- Added "TV Scanlined 2 (Blur, Fast)" and "Non-Scanlined TV 2 (Blur for x4x5)" to the "Screen-> Mode" menu. If you are using a large window size or full screen, you can play on a large blurred screen if you use these at full HD or higher resolution. I think that this large blur is effective when playing on large LCD TV.
- Fixed an issue that the aspect ratio of the game screen display was slightly incorrect.
- The speed and timing were brought closer to a real machine. In "Quiz Tonosama no Yabou", resolved an issue (occurred from v2.51) that caused the screen to shake at the start of the quiz questions. In "Star Parodia", resolved an issue where the display of the rainbow scene before the first boss was a bit confusing (occurred from recent versions).
- When using in a multi-display environment, coordinate correction processing is no longer performed even when the Ootake's window protrudes from the screen.
- With some PC environments, in full screen mode, fixed an issue that caused V-Sync to not synchronize well and left tearing at the top of the screen. If this doesn't work, try unchecking the "Screen -> V-Sync -> V-Sync Timing Adjust" menu.
- Organized the contents of "Audio" menu and "Setting->Audio" menu. The audio buffer amount is indicated in frame time units.
- Removed "Direct Draw" setting in "Setting->Screen" menu. From this version, only Direct3D drawing is supported.
- The Aero function is automatically turned off (display delay is reduced) when used with Windows7. In addition, the "Screen->Disable Aero" menu deleted in v2.88 has been restored.
- Fixed a bug that the tempo of the sound may not be stable for about the first second immediately after opening the game ROM image file with some PC environments.
- Fixed a bug that the game name was not displayed correctly when "&" was entered in the game name at the "Recent" menu.
- Other minor details have been modified and improved.
→ [PCE] Ootake 2.91
2018/07/29 2.91 released
- The processing timing of the internal sound source (wave memory sound) has been adjusted. I think that it approached the sound of the real machine.
- As a result of the above adjustment, the problem that Ootake may not move smoothly if the power plan of the control panel and the graphic driver setting are "power saving" mainly when using notebook PC of Windows10 was solved.
- The speed and timing approached the operation of the real machine. In the "Power Drift" demo screen (during no operation), the problem that raster scroll was flickering for one frame was solved.
- Additionally, a detailed part has been improved and corrected.
→ [PCE] Ootake 2.90
Ootake 2.90 2018/06/02
- When "R-TYPE Complete CD" is started, press [RUN] button for a long time( until irem's logo appears), and the mode to automatically skip the demo scene will be set.
- If you normally press [RUN] button, it will start up normally. If you want to completely cut off this function, please uncheck "Setting-> Improve-> Auto Skip Demo [start keep RUN] (R-TYPE Complete CD)" menu.
- From Ootake v2.88, the bug of processing "Backup RAM (Ten no Koe 2) file was formatted to save only the required 2KB" was fixed.
- The timing of saving the "bram file" is the moment when either "Close Ootake", "Open other games","Save State" was done.
- Even with the above timing, if the contents to be saved are exactly the same as the last time (eg in RPG does not have equipment or experience value update at all), the bram file will not be updated. In that case, if you want to be able to load the "bram file (2047 bytes) saved with Ootake v2.88 & v2.89" in Mednafen, please add 1 byte (value 0) at the end with binary editor etc and save it as "2048 bytes". I'm sorry for troubling you.
- Improved processing of inputting the game pad. Even with low power PC, I think that several games ("Power Drift", "Space Harrier" etc.) have come to work comfortably.
- Additionally, a detailed part has been improved and corrected.
→ [PCE] Ootake 2.89
2018/05/18 2.89 released
- Fixed a bug that the display-lag countermeasure implemented in v2.88 was not working in many PC environments of Windows 8/10/Aero.
- In the case of operation on Win8/10 or Aero, Windows automatically performs V-Sync processing. therefore, 1 frame delay buffer is included. So, compared to WinXP or non-Aero Vista/7, one frame delays appears absolutely. Still, compared to Ootake2.87 or earlier, I succeeded in shortening the delay of about 1 to 2 frames.
- With the most excellent Win7(non-Aero setting), it is about 1 frame lag compared to the real PC Engine. * It is the result I measured by connecting to the same liquid crystal display(about 1 frame lag).
- A common low-cost PC game pad (you need to press the four-way key deeply ) has "physical delay on its game pad itself". Please use an easy to operate game pad like a consumer game machine. Examine the net information and you will find a good game pad. Incidentally, controller of PS4(sony) can also be used with Ootake.
- In "Space Harrier", "Power Drift", HES files etc, (a game with many reference times of controller), fixed a bug that the operation was extremely heavy (occurred in v2.88, processing was heavier when XInput compatible game pad was disconnected).
- When "3-Button Pad" is connected, hold down the "Function Button" and press the [IIIr] button, you can start another game from the recent history. You can also shoot screenshots with the [IIIs] button while holding down the "Function Button". ("Function Buttons + RUN or SELECT" can also be used as before)
- When "6-Button Pad" is connected, hold down the "Function Button" and press the [III] button, you can start another game from the recent history. You can also shoot screenshots with the [IV] button while holding down the "Function Button". ("Function Buttons + RUN or SELECT" can also be used as before)
→ [PCE] Ootake 2.88
Ootake 2.88 released 2018/05/03
- The display delay is removed by 1 frame.
- "Plus 2 frames delay" of Windows Aero(Windows Vista and 7) and Windows 8(8.1)/10 is also removed. Depending on the PC environment, together with the above, 3 frames delay is removed.
- "Remove Lag 3F", "Remove Lag 1F", "Remove Lag 0F" was added to "Screen" menu. You can toggle whether or not "the display delay reduction processing" described above. When "Remove Lag 0F" is selected, the same display delay as v2.87 or earlier version of Ootake will be obtained. Switching "3F" or "0F" on Aero (Win7/Vista) or Win8/10, I think that delays(lag) can be experienced with shooting games and sports games. In addition, I am planning to describe this delay reduction technology on the Ootake official website soon. http://www.ouma.jp/ootake/
- XInput compatible game pad can be used. By using Microsoft's driver, it was able to use it so far. In this version upgrade, if the input responds of XInput earlier, it will take precedence.
- Backup RAM (Ten no Koe 2) file has been formatted to save only the required 2KB. I think that this is probably interoperable with the save data of Mednafen(wonderful emulator!). You can also read the 8KB file( "
_bram.dat") saved in the past version and the backup RAM file( 8KB) of another older PCE emulator.
Fixed a bug (occurred in v2.87) in which buttons IV to VI sometimes did not work depending on the environment in 6-button pad compatible games.
The timing approached the operation of the real machine. In "Terraforming", the problem that the screen collapsed (occurred from v2.81) has been resolved.
In VS 2008 in my development environment, the setting at the time of build prioritized the operation speed.
Additionally, a detailed part has been improved and corrected.
→ [PCE] Ootake 2.87
Nantettatte Engine (2017) nowa gierka dla PCE - można pobrać ją z adresu http://www.aetherbyte.com/aetherbyte-nantettatte_engine.html
OOTAKE 2.87 2017/11/08
- At the top of the "Input" menu, the current pad connection status is displayed on one line, such as "Connect [x-Button Pad]". If you place the mouse cursor over it, the menu for changing the connection pad appears.
- "3-Button Pad (I+II)" added to the pad selection of the above menu. If this is selected, pressing [IIIr] button will result in pressing [I]+[II] button at the same time. In addition, [IIIs] button becomes [RUN] button. It can be used for jumping of [I]+[II] in "Double Dragon II", and for simultaneous bullet shooting of [I]+[II] in "Super Darius" and "Darius Plus", and so on.
- [Alt] key can be assigned to PCE controller setting. Therefore, when you want to open the menu, please use [Esc] key, the button by "CPU-> Configure Pause Button" menu, or mouse click. Also, when [Shift] key is pressed five times, the fixed key setting dialog will not be displayed. As a result, [Shift] key can be assigned to PCE controller setting.
- When setting PCE controller from the [Setting] button (lower left of the initial green screen), PCE controllers #2-#5 are initialized (keys not set). If your controller setting is not stable, please set it here.
- The number of save states can be used to a maximum of 80. (increased from 50 to 80)
- In the visual scene of the end of "Tenshi no Uta II", the problem of stopping was solved (occurred in recent version. adjustment of CD access timing). I was able to check the operation without problem until ending with this version.
- When entering the first tower in "Tenshi no Uta II", the problem that large noise exists on the head of some audio tracks (* this noises exists with a real PC Engine) was solved. In Ootake, this obvious unnecessary noise is cut and played cleanly.
- This problem is probably caused by a CD-ROM production mistake at that time (the sound of the end of the previous track is mixed at the beginning of the track). In "Tenshi no Uta II", "Rayxanber II", "Eikan ha Kimini" and "Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire", this problem happens. Ootake solves it. If you uncheck "Setting-> Improve-> Cut Inaccurate CD-DA Track Head Noise" menu, this solving will be invalid (noise appear like real PC Engine).
- When specifying ".cue file" as an argument from the command prompt, the bug that could not be opened (occurred from v2.81) has been fixed.
Inne treści związane z tematem
[FRONTEND] MedGui 1.78 z Mednafenem
MedGUI jest nakładką dla multiemulatora MEDNAFEN, pozwalającego odpalić gry na Atari Lynx, GameBoy (Color), GameBoy Advance, NES, PC Engine(TurboGrafx 16), SuperGrafx, Neo Geo Pocket (Color), PC-FX i WonderSwan (Color), który jak większość emulatorów przeportowanych z linuksa pod Windows, wymagałby wprowadzenia, bez MedGUI, litanii polecen w linii komend. Frontend posiada ...
[PCE] Ootake 2.52
Ootake emulator PC Engine lub jak to woli Tubrographx 16 a mnogość opcji występujących w tym japońskim oprogramowaniu, powinien zadowolić najwybredniejszych fanów gier na tą konsolę (a konsola to zacna). W nowej edycji autor - Kitao Nakamura - dodał opcje pozwalającą na robienie screenshotów w grach, a także zgrywanie dźwięku i obiecuję w następnych edycjach zająć ...
[PCE] Ootake 2.53
Bardzo szybki fix ostatniej edycji emulatora PCE Engine/Turbographx 16 (nazwa jak to zwykle bywa zależna była od kontynentu, na którym pojawiła się konsolka) - Ootake. 2.52 nie radziła sobie w niektórych grach z muzyką towarzyszącej rozgrywce, poprawka w 2.53 naprawia to małe potknięcie w historii tego przyjemnego emulatora bardzo udanej konsoli z końca lat ...
[FRONTEND] MedGui 1.79
MedGUI jest nakładką dla multiemulatora MEDNAFEN, pozwalającego odpalić gry na Atari Lynx, GameBoy (Color), GameBoy Advance, NES, PC Engine(TurboGrafx 16), SuperGrafx, Neo Geo Pocket (Color), PC-FX i WonderSwan (Color), który jak większość emulatorów przeportowanych z linuksa pod Windows, wymagałby wprowadzenia, bez MedGUI, litanii polecen w linii komend. Zmiany to ...
[PCE] Ootake 2.54
Ten sympatyczny emulator PCE Engine/Turbographx 16 znów doczekał się kolejne aktualizacji - dodano opcję Vsync, która powinna wygładzić emulację (oby), a Ootake, z prędkością emulacji powinien działać tak samo jak prawdziwa konsolka.