Nowa wersja jednego z najstarszych emulatorów NINTENDO 8, oczywiście nie wprost, bo w końcu to nie to samo, co ponad 10 lat temu, ale który program oprócz MAME posiada ciągłą historię sięgającą ubiegłego wieku;).
What's new for version 5.13c (01/18/2014)
- Fixed coin detection in VS System (mapper 99), press F8 to "insert coin".
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.66 09/04/2021
What's new for version 5.66 (04/09/2021)
- Disk inserted/ejected status is no more set to "true" on soft-RESET.
- Improved disk information, added CRC32.
- RAM is now completely filled with zeros.
- Fixed a bug in the APU reset.
- Fixed a bug in the stereo sound downsampling calculation.
- Fixed NSF driver, major cleanups.
- Fixed windowed mode when out of focus.
- Fixed color calculations for various color styles.
- Color style "sepia #2" was changed to a new non-monochrome calculation.
- The loaded .NES filename is now displayed in the "File info" GUI option.
- Minor cosmetic changes in the GUI.
- Removed value $40 ORed at every joypad read.
- Keyboard is now polled before checking keys.
- Fixed emulator startup, several rewrites in the code, minor fixes.
- Fixed a memory leak problem.
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.65 11/03/2021
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.64
What's new for version 5.64 (10/02/2020)
- Default palette is restored on new ROM loading (fix when a VS palette was selected).
- Sprite address is always cleared on VBlank end, fixing a few unlicensed games.
- Now you can select GUI colors for menus.
- Video options were separated from [Misc] menu.
- Fixed custom fullscreen setting (on General settings), saves the current video mode.
- Fixed a bug setting on/off percentage of FPS.
- Fixed "general settings" and "set directories" GUI dialogs not "closing".
- Fixed "sound options" GUI dialog (all options are working ok).
- Fixed a few mapper/board names in order to be shorter, avoiding glitching the GUI.
- General tweaks, cleanups and minor improvements.
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.63c [19/09/2020]
What's new for version 5.63C (09/19/2020)
- Fixed bitmap clearing in triple buffering mode, no more screen flashing.
- Fixed some GUI colors and other minor tweaks.
What's new for version 5.63B (09/16/2020)
- Fixed a bug setting up CRC32 values.
What's new for version 5.63 (09/13/2020)
- Fixed a bug in the MMC3 PPU IRQs (fixes Mega Man VI and others).
- Added an option for DMC reversed bits decoding order.
- Fixed NSF track change in triple buffering mode.
- NSF mode no more allow changes to screen aspect ratio, or scanlines.
- Fixed palette setting if an external palette was loaded.
- Fixed a problem with triple buffering (should run at normal speed).
- Rollback for color style calculations.
- Changing the video resolution (using GUI dialog) now sets the game screen to 240p.
- Vertical retrace is now enabled by default.
- Fixed program version number in the binary.
- Fixed a few obscure errors in the config file parsing.
- Added display of the percentage of frames per second.
- Code revision and rewrites for GUI dialogs.
- Removed a few debug leftovers, plus minor improvements and cosmetic changes.
- Documentation updated.
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.62 [06/09/2020]
What's new for version 5.62 (09/06/2020)
- Fixed compiler flags, no more DLLs (again).
- Fixed a few more references for setting up Allegro's gfx driver (AUTODETECT).
- Other minor fixes and tweaks.
What's new for version 5.61 (09/04/2020)
- Fixed frequency value in the DMC sound driver reset, raw playback is fine.
- Fixed a nasty bug in the PPU $2007 reads.
- Fixed mouse as NES input device, you can adjust the movement sensibility.
- Changed Allegro's graphics pseudo-driver to AUTODETECT for compatibility.
- A few cosmetic changes in the GUI.
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.60b [02/09/2020]
What's new for version 5.60 (09/01/2020)
- Partial code rewrites, some optimizations and tweaks.
- Savestate version is now 7 (old saves are not compatible).
- Data at CPU $6000-$7FFF is now saved into savestates (SRAM/WRAM).
- Fixed a few problems parsing the config file.
- Fixed path for FDS BIOS loading (same of RockNES.exe folder).
- Fixed a deadlock bug on application window close (X at corner).
- Fixed CPU opcode $20 (JSR).
- Fixed CPU branch timings.
- Fixed a bug in the DMA operations of sprites and DMC sound channel.
- Fixed a potential crash in the CPU schedule system.
- Revision in the CPU opcodes.
- Fixed sprite RAM data saving in savestates.
- Fixed sprite refresh (R.C. Pro AM II works).
- Added a check for expected CHR ROM/RAM in each mapper.
- Revision in the PPU frame timing and CPU opcodes.
- New NTSC palette.
- Fixed a bug saving palettes (incorrect warning).
- Fixed bitmap clearing in triple buffering mode.
- Fixed switching to VS palettes.
- Fixed loading an external palette file.
- Fixed wallpaper loading path (should look at the binary folder too).
- Scanlines effect code rewritten from scratch.
- Reworked most of the color styles palette calculations.
- Added missing joystick turbo settings on config file parsing.
- Fixed incorrect assignment for BACKSPACE key.
- Fixed support for joysticks, now D-pad works again!
- Fixed APU noise channel reset (fixes Ghostbusters) and sweeps.
- Fixed a bug in the APU mono/stereo switching.
- Fixed sound startup and configuration.
- Fixed DMC channel initial state.
- Reworked the audio rendering a bit.
- Changed the sound sample rate from 48000 back to 44100Hz, works on low-end PCs.
- Reduced drastically the sound cache for minimal latency.
- Fixed a bug in the NSF savestate block.
- Fixed NSF track selector, works for player 1 only.
- If a NSF file has no game title, it's now replaced by its filename.
- Added proper support for Acclaim's MC-ACC IRQs.
- Added savestate data for mappers 46 & 187.
- Revision in the MMC3/Acclaim PPU IRQ codes.
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.54 [14/07/2017]
What's new for version 5.54 (09/23/2017)
- Improved Famicom Disk System PPU IRQ timing (thanks Sour).
- Fixed "Skip Disk System license screen" option, working ok.
- Fixed scanlines in NSF mode (while playing a tune & drawing circles).
- Fixed version number in the file properties.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
What's new for version 5.53 (08/08/2017)
- Improved mapper 64 IRQ timing.
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.52 [14/07/2017]
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.51 [09/07/2017]
What's new for version 5.51 (07/09/2017)
New release! RockNES 5.51 brings a fix in the CHR bankswitching in the mapper 64. Now Rolling Thunder (U) works.
- Fixed a CHR bankswitching bug in the mapper 64 (Rolling Thunder works).
What's new for version 5.50 (07/07/2017)
- New NTSC default palette, including color emphasis, by Joel Yliluoma.
- All palette-related core was rewritten and fixed.
- Fixed palettes for VS games, including GUI dialog for selection.
- Fixed problems in the GUI 'general settings' dialog.
- Fixed PPU left clipping on/off setting.
- Fixed GUI alert box colors.
- Fixed a bug in the "Olive" and "Nocturne" color styles.
- Fixed gfx frame pointer reset, an obscure bug found by accident.
- Fixed emulation reset if an invalid opcode is found.
- Fixed mapper 64 IRQs (Hard Drivin' works again).
- Fixed mapper 90 IRQs and savestates.
- Fixed Famicom Disk System savestates, system RAM and PPU IRQs, major bugs!
- Fixed initial scanline (fixes Time Lord).
- Fixed an obscure bug setting file loading path.
- Fixed ROM corruptor, it wasn't restoring changes.
- Fixed a bug setting the CPU address range in the CPU state display.
- Fixed a few bugs in the config file parsing.
- Fixed resetting to the default settings.
- Custom fullscreen mode is now disabled if the last video mode was windowed.
- Improved color emphasis effect & MMC3 IRQs.
- Improved $2006 behaviour, old hacking removed.
- Removed restriction for running only 1 instance of RockNES.
- Frame rate (FPS) is no more displayed in the program window.
- Added mappers 190 (Magic Kid GooGoo) and 206.
- Added full NES palette viewer, including all the color styles palettes!
- Added 5 new color styles, related to R-G-B swapping.
- Added Game Genie codes, up to 10.
- Added NSF track number display on-screen.
- Another huge code cleanup and fixes, plus minor changes and improvements.
→ NOWSZY [NES] RockNES v5.41 [20/01/2017]
What's new for version 5.41 (01/20/2017)
Yes, another release. A couple of major bugs were fixed. Even a huge beta testing wasn't enough, sorry. I'm on vacation, so I work almost 12 hours a day in this emulator. New updates may occur during the day/week.
- RockNES 5.41 released! Your feedback, please?
- Custom fullscreen mode should be working again.
- Fixed input devices GUI dialog.
- Fixed a few problems with the wallpaper.
- Switching to fullscreen mode should look at custom fullscreen settings, instead of using the current desktop resolution! Problem fixed!
- Switching to fullscreen mode should reset the upscaler to the original (256x240) if its height is greater than the screen height. Problem fixed!
- Added a blitter checking on GUI init routine to avoid blitting problems.
- Fixed blitting position on video resolution change.
- Fixed a few annoyances in the upscaler stuff.
- Added colors to a few GUI alert boxes, plus minor cosmetic changes.
- Documentation updated with new information.