Kolejne poprawki w emulatorze NINTENDO 8 - puNes, nie jest to tak rozbudowany emulator jak seria FCE, jednak wyróżnia się paroma ciekawostkami, na które warto zwrócić oko - nic istotnego, jednak na pewno umilą emulację (ot jakieś shadery i inne szmery;)). W sumie, patrząc na scene poświęconą NINTENDO 8 trudno nie znaleźć czegoś, czego już nie ma, jednak puNes jest naprawdę solidnie odrobionym zadaniem domowym.
PuNes 0.105 30/07/19
- Added Spanish translation (thx to MS-PC on Crowdin).
- Added Hungarian translation (thx to tch_oscomp on Crowdin).
- Added Turkish translation (thx to Ömercan Kömür on Crowdin).
- Added "Toggle GUI" option to toggle on/off the Menu+Status bars (many thx Sembiance for the contribution).
- Added the option "Use integer scale in fullscreen" which toggle the vertical stretch in the fullscreen.
- Added in database "Airwolf" roms and 2 hacked roms of "Kid Dracula" (mlla1i.nes and ikt73k.nes).
- Added keyboard/controller shortcuts for the rewind functions :
I introduced the shortcut to activate and deactivate the "rewind mode" and the shortcuts for play,
pause, step backward, step forward, fast backward and fast forward, all programmable.
For the keyboard the defaults are :
CTRL+Left: Active/Deactive Rewind Mode
Left: Single step backward
Right: Single step forward
Down: Switch velocity for fast backward
Up: Switch velocity dor fast forward
Page Down: Pause
- Changed the management of the text on the screen which is now clearly legible at any resolution.
- Possible infringing on the patent, replaced controller image (thx RokkumanX).
- Fixed the freeze when start the emulator with fullscreen already enabled.
- Fixed some glitches with some compositors (Compton for examples).
- Fixed management of audio devices in alsa backend.
- Fixed segfault when load a savestates with rewind functions disabled.
- Fixed loading of the rom with header containing "DiskDude!".
- Fixed text surface cleaning.
- Fixed saving and loading of cheats.
- Fixed audio pops when NSF/NSFE song start and improved audio/video sync.
- Fixed possible crash in OpenBSD version.
- Fixed keyboard shortcuts management.
- Fixed compilation with QT 5.13.
- Many others fixes.
PuNes 0.104 24/03/19
- Fixed graphical problem with xBRZ filter.
- Fixed mappers 50, 90, 156, 178, UNL-KOF97, UNL-VRC7, MMC3 KT-008 PCB.
- Fixed possible issue with High DPI monitor.
- The shortcuts were not applied and saved correctly. Fixed.
- For the general UxROM mapper use a full 8-bit bank select register.
- Fixed compilation with QT 5.12 under Windows.
- Fixed the management of the zapper that now also correctly manages the X coordinates.
- Updated the Russian translation (thx Alter0ne).
- Fixed the disappearance of the mouse cursor after two seconds.
- Fixed the emulator freezing if pressed "Switch Sides" hotkey.
- Added the rewind function that replaces the timeline.
Now it is possible to "rewind" the game. Once the rewind function has been activated (at any time during the game) it is possible to move forward and backward in the gameplay one frame at a time or at different speeds (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x or 64x). You will be able to move freely in the recording until you press the "play" button, from that moment all the gameplay memorized after the selected frame will be lost. In the "general settings" you can select the duration in minutes of the recordable gameplay (the different options are: disable, 2mins, 5mins, 15mins, 30min, 60mins or unlimited) but keep in mind that the more minutes you can record the more space on the hard disk will be used.
Ultimate Air Combat (1992, Activision) (Shader CRT)
PuNes 0.103 14/01/19
- Added support for the UNIF mapper UNIF DREAMTECH01.
- Fixed mapper MMC5 and 213.
- Added support for NSFe format.
- Added OpenBSD support.
- Added support for IPS, BPS and XDELTA patches.
- It's possible to patch the ROM through 3 ways:
- If more than one patch is present in the compressed file, it will always be possible to select which one to apply. In order to automatically apply a patch to a ROM, in addition to method 1) it is also possible to create a compressed archive that contains both the ROM and the patch. In this case the name of the ips file isn't important (example: compressed file contain "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].nes" and "adv.ips").
- rename the patch with the same name as the ROM and copy it to the same directory where the ROM is present (example: if "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].nes" is the name of the ROM, rename the patch in "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].ips")
- drag it to the emulator window (compressed patches are supported)
- apply it via the "Apply Patch" item in the File menu (compressed patches are supported)
- Rewritten the UI for the settings.
- Added the compatibility of the UI for High DPI.
- Rewritten and uniformed GFX stack.
- Increased performance by 20%/30%.
- Dropped out dependencies from SDL and QT4 libraries.
- Now it's necessary that QT5 have compiled with support for SVG (and OpenGL for OpenGL version).
- Fixed the management of VSync (when you change this option you need to restart the emulator to apply it correctly).
- Added the ability to change shader parameters if supported by the shader.
- Added a palette editor.
- Added in Video Settings an option to show FPS.
- Eliminated a lot of unnecessary code.
- Fixed many many bugs and increased the accuracy of emulation.
Punes 0.102 29/11/17
- I had forgotten in release v0.101 to add support for NSF and UNIF files in compressed archives.
Gradius (Konami, Inc., Dec, 1986)
Punes 0.101 14/11/17
- Now puNES is UTF-8 compatible.
- Now puNES is a NSF player.
- Added support for the mappers: 6, 27, 30, 35, 43, 123, 134, 151, 155, 162, 166, 167, 168, 187, 188, 190, 196, 197, 250, 252, 253, 254.
- Added support for the UNIF mappers: TF1201, TEK90, EH8813A, Sachen-8259A, 11160, G-146, 12-IN-1, 411120-C, T-262, BS-5, 8157, 830118C, 8237, 8237A, NTD-03, 42in1ResetSwitch, CNROM, Ghostbusters63in1, 64in1NoRepeat, 70in1, 70in1B, H2288, KOF97, 603-5052, CITYFIGHT, TFROM, BB, T-230, 43272, AC-08, KS7013B, SA-72008, MTECH01, UNIF FS304, SA-70037, YOKO, SA-9602B, CC-21, LH32, NovelDiamond9999999in1, SL1632, SA-72007, Sachen-8259B, SHERO, SuperHIK8in1, SMB2J, AX5705, Supervision16in1, SA-0036, GS-2004, GS-2013, KS7012, KS7037, KS7016, KS7017, LH10, KS7032, SC-127, RT-01, MASLIB, BOY, 8-IN-1, HP898F, 158B, 810544-C-A1, KS7031, DRAGONFIGHTER, Super24in1SC03, VRC7.
- Fixed mappers: 15, 45, 52, 60, 108, 116, 114, 121, 205, 219, MMC5, Tengen, Waixing.
- Implemented auto eject and auto insert of fds disks when you switch side (ALT+S) or change disk.
- Added support for multithreading in the xBRZ filter.
- Added the option to select the output audio device.
- Added "Fullscreen in window" options.
- Added "Start/Stop record WAV" to record audio.
- Added "Hide Zapper cursor" option.
- Added the Overclocking option.
- Added full support to XInput (Windows version). No more input lag and no more problem with any controller.
- Added full support to Vs. System.
- Eliminated the "Software" mode in OpenGL version.
- Eliminated dependency from the "autoconf-archive" package.
- Eliminated the Audio Low Quality option.
- Separate management of software filters and shader. Many shaders give different results depending on the filter used because they have been designed for an input image of 256 * 240 pixels.
- Separate management of the size of window and software filters.
- Rewrote the overscan management.
- Rewrote the input management and added support for SNES Mouse, Arkanoid Paddle and Oeka Kids Tablet.
- Eliminated a lot of unnecessary code.
- Fixed many many bugs and increased the accuracy of emulation.
- Added other options and features that I don't remember now.
Punes v0.100 13/11/17
- Added support to mapper 40.
- Fixed aspect ratio of NTSC software filters.
- (OpenGL) Add the "Disable RGB FBO" option. Some older drivers of video cards do not support them properly altering the color palette with shaders.
- Added the pixel aspect ratio of PAL TV.
- Added "xBRZ 5x" and "xBRZ 6x" software filters.
- Added the possibility to make screenshots (ALT+X) which will be automatically saved in the folder "screenshot" of the base directory.
- Added "Unlimited sprites" (ALT+U) option.
- Added "Hide sprites" (ALT+V) and "Hide background" (ALT+B) options.
Punes v0.99 12/04/17
- (Windows) Fixed bug that allows the monitor turned off during a game session.
- Added "Pause" shortcut.
- Better support for the submappers in NES 2.0.
- Fix for recognize correctly the CHR RAM size with the NES 2.0.
- Fixed saving of the option 'Permit "Up + Down" and "Left + Right"...' in the configuration file.
- Added two new palettes (Thanks to Firebrandx for his work http://www.firebrandx.com/nespalette.html).
- Fixed the mirroring in the VRC2 mapper.
- Added the full support for the RetroArch's shaders (https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders).
- OpenGL version support ".glslp" and ".cgp" (linux version need that is istalled the nvidia-cg-toolkit package) shaders.
- D3D9 version support only ".cgp" shaders. Then, based on experience made in these months of development, in D3D9 version many shader ".cgp" do not work (such as CRT-royale), it seems that this shaders has been developed for the OpenGL version.
0.98 (Bugfix release)
- Windows: fixed a bug (introduced in the rewriting of the audio subsystem of version 0.97) that did not allow the correct synchronization between threads distorting the sound after a few minutes of use.
- fixed a typo in the config file configuration for the "panning" option.
- converted to autotools build system.
- from now puNES is an open-source project (https://github.com/punesemu/puNES). Among the links now there will always be the source tarball of the latest release. I will continue to release binaries for Linux versions even though I do not think will serve much longer. At compile time, you can specify whether you want to use the QT5 instead of QT4 passing the "--enable-qt5" to configure.
- rewritten the audio stack to eliminate problems of lags and crackling.
- added in the audio settings new option "Buffer Size factor". To a lower value corresponds to a smaller size buffer (less lag but most possible crackles on slower computers). The larger the buffer, the greater the lag but less chance of crackles.
- added the "Stereo Panning" mode.
- eliminated the setting "Hide the mouse cursor". Now the mouse cursor is hidden automatically after two seconds of inactivity of the mouse. Appears again to mouse movement.
- updated the xBRZ to 1.4.
- added the "Fast Forward" to the shortcuts (keyboard and joystick).
- added an option to set the velocity of "Fast Forward".
0.96 (Bugfix release)
- correct all crashes in the SDL windows version caused by the porting to QT.
- always in the SDL windows version fixed a bug that prevented to hide the mouse cursor.
- fixed regression in Sunsoft FME-7 mapper that prevented the proper functioning (Dynamite Batman (Japan), Batman - Return of the Joker and other games now works again).
0.94 (Bigfix release)
- fixed xBRZ in the D3D9 release.
- Added the translated english version of "Lagrange Point" to the database.
- fixed a bug that does not allow to set properly some sound cards in linux version.
- fixed the problem with big RAM on FME-7 (http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12467&p=142799).
- update the xBRZ filter to version 1.3.
- implemented a management window of cheats. You can import files CHT (FCEUX) and XML (Nestopia).
- I'm going to develop other tools including a debugger, an editor of RAM, a viewer NameTable and more. Given the lack of funds and time I do not know how long it will take but I'm a stubborn and headstrong. Anyone who wanted to support the project (or even offer a beer :wink:) with a donation, can do so through the "Donate" in the About window.
- A new icon (thx to Phil Pinsonneault).
- Added the ability to configure the shortcuts and associate them with a button of the joystick.
- Increased the number of save slots to 10.
- Added, in fullscreen mode, an overlay that shows when you select, save or load a save state.
- Fixed the display of the GUI when you increase or decrease the save slot.
- Fixed the shortcuts for Inc/Dec save slot (in 0.91, for a mistake, F2 = Inc and F3 = Dec).
- Fixed a bug that in rare circumstances did not allow the configuration of the joystick.
- Implemented properly the behavior of the mapper FME-7 (http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12436&start=15#p142263).
- Fixed the issue with Startropics e Startropics II.
PuNES 0.91 (Major release)
- Completely rewritten GUI doing a complete porting to QT. Although user level this leads to a few visual changes, at the level of code management and development time has changed the world. Now I have to maintain a single codebase for all versions drastically reducing the time of development and maintaining a uniform GUI on both platforms. Add new functions is now much easier and faster.
- Linux version now directly use the ALSA API for the audio.
- Added the ability to save and load save states directly from the file.
- Now the shortcuts are reconfigurable (although for now only by editing input.cfg).
- Added the ability to translate the GUI (for now only English and Italian but if someone wants help...).
- Fixed a lot of bugs and optimized the code making this version the faster and more precise than ever. Although tested on multiple computers (I thank all those who gave me a hand in recent months with testing and suggestions and especially Eugene.S, angrylion and Oldghost) it is possible that there are still bugs. Thanks in advance everyone who will report them to me.
P.s. I recommend you to delete files "puNES.cfg" and "input.cfg" before launching this version.
Punes 0.90 (HLSL - Phosphor 1) Toki (Taito America Corporation, 1991)
- Fixed a lot of bugs in the mappers MMC1, FM7, 28, 176, 178, and FDS.
- Full support for the format NES 2.0.
- Implemented the filter xBRZ.
- Implemented the UNIF mappers FK23C, FK23CA, D1038, MARIO1-MALEE2.
- Given the large amount of revised code, if someone were to find roms that worked properly with the 0.89 but not with this release, please contact me.
- UNIF boards supported: NROM, NROM-128, NROM-256, Sachen-74LS374N, A65AS, UOROM, TC-U01-1.5M, SA-NROM, SLROM, 22211, TLROM, TBROM, TKROM, Sachen-8259C, SA-016-1M, Sachen-8259D, ANROM, FK23C, FK23CA, D1038, MARIO1-MALEE2.
Tagi: Nintendo, Nes, Punes
Inne treści związane z tematem
[WIIU] Cemu 1.15.13c 30/08/19
Nowa wersja i nowe poprawki w emulatorze konsoli Nintendo WiiU. Co mogę polecić to bardzo pomocny frontend do tego emulatora - MappleSeed, a do uzupełnienia plugin pozwalający odtwarzać materiały h264 (filmy) Cemu Hook.
[MULTI] Mednafen x86/x64 1.23.0 Unstable
Mednafen jest bardzo udanym multiemulatorem, który powstał przede wszystkim z myślą o linuksie, jednak dzięki portowi pod win32 i ostatnio testowanej wersji x64, możemy pobawić się nim także pod okienkami.
Jest na tyle dobrym udawaczem, że na podwalinie jego kodu powstały takie emulatory jak VBjin (VirtualBoy) i PCEjin (PCEngine) Delikata.
Menfagen pozwala zaemulować ...
[NDS] melonDS x64 0.8.3 04/09/19
Nowy projekt i nowe nadzieje - być może melonDS, którego autor StapleButter (lolSnes, blargSNES) kiedyś pokona hegemonie w DeSmuMe i No$GBA w emulacji Nintendo DS.
Warto zerknąć na stronę domową - dużo dodatkowych informacji i ciekawostek z etapów pracy nad emulatorem.
[MULTI] Bsnes 109 06/09/19
Byuu wrócił do pracy nad swoim multiemulatorem maszynek NINTENDO i oto efekt - kolejna wersja publiczna tego najwierniejszego udawacza SUPER NINTENDO. Nowy BsNes jest szybszy, nie wymusza konwersji romów (co miało podnieść czystość dumpów a wniosło sporo niepotrzebnych operacji) więc na 100% warto posiadać i używać.