EightyOne to jeden ze starszych projektów emulatorów maszynek z Z80 na pokładzie i całkiem przypadkowo z tęczą w logo - potrafi nie tylko udawać konstrukcję od Sinclair ZX80, do Amstradowego ZX Spectrum +3 lecz także nieobce mu są Timexy, czy też bardziej egzotyczne klony ZX81 - Ringo i Lambda. D
Version 1.8 - 05/11/2017 (by SirMorris)
- Breakpoints added using the memory / breakpoint menu can now be deleted.
- ZXpand EEPROM content is now persisted as long as NV_Memory folder exists.
- Fixed the 'ZXpand saved files have their R/O flag set' bug.
- When using ZXpand emulation or dragging & dropping a .P file onto the UI a file with a .sym extension matching that of the selected program will be loaded in the symbol browser.
- Right clicking a symbol in the Symbol Browser or a line of disassembly in the debug window will open the memory / breakpoint menu.
- Double-clicking a symbol in the browser will add an executable breakpoint at its address.
- Added the ability to also use NO$GMB format symbol files: pppp:aaaa XXXXXX where pppp is the page address (typically 0), aaaa is the CPU address and XXXXXX is the symbol name.
- Symbol files (.sym) may be loaded into the Symbol Browser by dragging & dropping onto the UI.
Version 1.7 - 09/09/2017 (by SirMorris and Paul Farrow)
- TZX Manager window now displays punctuation characters in ZX81 file names.
- Vertical sync period is no longer visible for a Spectrum when in large border mode.
- Removed blank entry that appeared in the Character Generator selection list under the Hardware configuration window.
- The ROM loaded for the TS1000 when selected in the Hardware window was incorrect.
- Improved emulation of the interaction between the Chroma interface and the dk'tronics Graphics ROM.
- Addition of the Live Memory View for 8-bit machines, which allows monitoring the processor's memory accesses in real-time. It tracks bytes of memory which have been touched, either by read, write or both.
- The debugger now allows the use of 'PC', 'HL', 'BC', 'DE', 'IX' and 'IY' in the breakpoint address entry field.
- Integrated ZXpand V1.10 firmware changes.
- Renamed ZXpand ROM overlay file for the ZX81.
- Simplified the naming convention of character set bitmap files used by the debugger.
- Added character set bitmap files for the TS1500, Spectrum +2, Spectrum +3, TK85, Jupiter Ace, Lambda 8300, Ringo R470, TC2048 and TS2068.
- Renamed the Spectrum +3 ROM to include the version number, with the default now version 4.1.
- Included ROMs: Spectrum 128 Spanish, Spectrum +2 Spanish and French, Spectrum +3 Spanish, Spectrum +3 English versions 4.0 and 4.1.
Version 1.6 - 11/08/2017 (by SirMorris and Paul Farrow)
- Breakpoints now trigger on both addresses of a 16-bit memory read or write.
- * Enhancements:
- Updated ZXpand emulation to use the ROM and firmware of the ZXpand+ model. AY sound is not automatically selected.
- ROM files have been renamed to follow a consistent scheme: [system].[modifier](.[modifier]...)
- A Save option has been added to the TZX Edit General Data Block window to allow saving of ZX80 and ZX81 programs.
- The character representations of the data shown in the TZX General Data Block window can now be viewed using the ZX80 character set.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.22 14/04/2021
Version 1.22 - 14/04/2021 (by SirMorris and Paul Farrow)
- Files SAVEd using ZXpand had their read-only bit set, causing errors when attempting to update or delete them.
- ZXpand's CAT function did not behave correctly with reference to the root folder so certain operations would have undefined results.
- Opening a new tape file whilst execution was stopped in the debugger would restart execution yet the debugger would still display as if stopped.
- The RAM provided by the Chroma 81 interface was being incorrectly mirrored in the memory map.
- Support for the ZxToken format @ directive to encode byte values in BASIC Listing files.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.21 16/02/2021
Version 1.21 - 16/02/2021 (by Paul Farrow)
- The status bar of the BASIC Listing window was not showing the correct program address range for the ZX80 and Spectrum.
- The status bar of the BASIC Listing window was not being cleared when switching to a different computer model.
- The memory shadowing of QS Character mode when Chroma 81 was selected was incorrect.
- Removal of the close 'X' from the hardware dialog title bar, which was leaving the dialog in an incorrect state.
- Removal of the close 'X' from the Sound Settings dialog title bar, which was leaving the dialog in an incorrect state.
- Removal of the close 'X' from the BASIC Listing Settings dialog title bar, which was leaving the dialog in an incorrect state.
- Cancelling the Load BASIC Listing Options dialog no longer results in a reset.
- A line highlighted in the BASIC Listing window was not being de-highlighted when clicking empty space beyond the end of the program.
- The continuation marker in a BASIC Listing file is now supported for comment lines.
- The Discard Redundant Spaces option of the BASIC Listing loader was not removing all surplus spaces.
- Updated program icon to have white keys (provided by equin0x80).
- Selecting a machine specific BASIC Listing file causes an automatic switch to the appropriate computer model.
- The BASIC Listing window now provides a 2x scaling option.
- Support for loading BASIC Listing files with a .txt extension.
- Support for loading BASIC Listing files with a .bas extension.
- Support for loading BASIC Listing files that use ZxToken format extensions.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.20 16/01/2020
Version 1.20 - 16/01/2021 (by Paul Farrow)
- The Z81 snapshot format now identifies the computer model. Existig snapshot files that do specify the model are assumed to be for the ZX81.
- OUT instructions in user programs were affecting the ZX81 picture when in SLOW mode.
- The ZXpand option was not always enabled for the TS1000 in the Hardware dialog.
- Unpopulated ROM memory area was not being shadowed correctly for the ZX80.
- Switching the computer model in the Hardware dialog now defaults the sound option for the ZX80 and ZX81 models to 'none'.
- Renamed '128k Spectrum' to 'Spectrum 128' in the Hardware dialog.
- Removed the QL option from the Hardware dialog since it emulation has never worked properly.
- Added a Spectrum+ option to the Hardware dialog.
- Added support for flash loading on the ZX80 with a ZX81 ROM selected.
- Added support for flash loading on the TK85.
- Added support for flash loading on the ZX97 Lite.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.19 30/11/2020
Version 1.19 - 28/11/2020 (by Paul Farrow)
- Negative displacements were off by 1 in disassembled instructions.
- Interrupts were not properly preserved in and restored from Spectrum .SNA files.
- ZX80 and ZX81 display colours switch to black and white when Chroma colour is enabled and frame synchronisation is lost.
- Support for ZX80 pseudo and WRX hi-res modes.
- Renamed the Chr$ Generator option CHR$16 to CHR$128.
- Slight adjustment to centre position of the TV horizontal hold control.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.18 30/09/2020
Version 1.18 - 30/08/2020 (by Paul Farrow)
- The lines of a pseudo hi-res display were not correctly aligned.
- Auto-load did not work for the Timex TS1000 and TS1500.
- Auto-load was very slow to activate when a greater than 1x speed was selected.
- The lines of the bottom border of the ZX80 and ZX81 were not correctly aligned.
- The BASIC Lister did not trap an embedded floating point number encoding that spanned beyond the end of a BASIC line, which could prevent the rest of the BASIC listing being displayed, e.g. Software Farm's ZX81 game 'Asteroids'.
- Spectrum support for the ZXC1 ROM cartridge.
- Significant improvement in the timing accuracy of ZX81 SLOW mode.
- Option to show/hide hardware generated HSync pulses when displaying larger borders.
Version 1.17 - 28/04/2020 (by Paul Farrow)
- - Fixed exception that occurred when resetting a Jupiter Ace.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.16 22/01/2020
Version 1.16 - 22/01/2020 (by Paul Farrow)
- No longer crashes when opening a zip file from the File menu.
- Corrected Chroma 80 colour mode detection port mask.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.15
Version 1.15 - 21/04/2019 (by SirMorris and Paul Farrow)
- Bug fixes:
- The zoom size was not being restored from the .ini configuration file.
- Added 'browse to SD card folder' button to ZXpand option in hardware menu.
- Added z88dk .map symbol parsing to allow easier debugging of C programs.
Version 1.14 - 17/02/2019 (by Paul Farrow and SirMorris)
- Bug fixes:
- Switching from a custom window size to a fixed size did not always change the size correctly.
- The drive indicator on the status bar was not always redrawn fully.
- Entries from Configuration menu did not load all settings.
- Drive indicator on status bar could appear as a result of a ZXC ROM cartridge menu being displayed.
- Selecting items from the menus before the emulator was fully started up could result in an error dialog being displayed.
- Drag and drop of program files into the main window now works again.
- Fixed exception that could occur when opening the Profiler Plot window.
- Updated to latest ZXpand+ firmware, which fixes a 'break' issue with CAT.
- Profiler Plot window now displays the latest min and max values.
- Added support for interlace displays when a Chroma interface is selected.
- Dot crawl can now only be set for non-128K Spectrum models.
- Improved Hardware window machine icons.
- Improved Splash Screen image.
- Added auto-update option to the Profiler window.
- Improved UI operation of the Profiler and Profiler Plot windows.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.13
Version 1.13 - 31/01/2019 (by Paul Farrow)
- Only the lower 3 bits of the border value are now saved in Spectrum .Z80 and .SNA snapshots.
- Accessing address $0525 causes the Program Counter to be advanced if flash loading is enabled but no longer does this if a ROM cartridge is loaded.
- Sound output used to be disabled after a reset.
- The status bar at the bottom of the emulator window was not always redrawn correctly.
- Changed the way the emulator window resizes at startup.
- Save button on TZX Manager's 'Edit General Data Block' dialog was not moved when the form was resized.
- Debug symbols were loaded when a program was opened via the TZX Manager but not if opened from the main window's File menu.
- Corrected the height of the Live Memory View window.
- UDG characters for the Spectrum related models are now shown as their corresponding letters but underlined (previously they were shown upside down).
- The mouse scroll wheel is now supported by the Memory Window.
- The emulator window can now only be custom resized after first setting the Zoom mode to User Defined.
- A new window allows the BASIC program held in memory to be viewed and saved as a bitmap or as a text file (only for ZX80, ZX81 and Spectrum models).
- Added the ability to read in a BASIC program from a text file (only for ZX80, ZX81 and Spectrum models).
- The status bar at the bottom of the emulator window now indicates when reading or writing to a Microdrive cartridge.
- Added support for various hardware interfaces and settings in .z81 snapshots.
- Added support for the Spectra interface in .z80 snapshots.
- Save dialogs now prompt to overwrite an existing file.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.12
Version 1.12 - 14/08/2018 (by Paul Farrow)
- Corrections to TC2048 keyboard image.
- Corrections to TC2068 keyboard image.
- Added a window to display the ZX80 Integral Functions next to its keyboard image.
- Refinement to ZX80 keyboard image.
- Refinement to ZX80 with ZXpand keyboard image.
→ NOWSZY [MULTI] EightyOne 1.11
Version 1.11 - 06/08/2018 (by Paul Farrow and SirMorris)
- ZXpand support now works for the ZX80.
- Added keyboard images for:
- Spectrum 16K
- Spectrum +2
- Spectrum +2A/+3
- TS1000 with ZXpand+
- ZX81 with ZXpand+
- ZX80 with ZXpand
- Double clicking the keyboard image window toggles between double and normal size.