VGBA to kolejny emulator autorstwa Marata Fayzullina, który spłodził naprawdę spory zestaw emulatorów pod Androida i Symbiana (fMSX, VGB, iNES, MG, ColEm, Speccy, AlmostTI), jak nie trudno zgadnąć po skrócie pozwala on na emulację handhelda firmy Nintendo GameBoy Advance, robi to całkiem przyjemnie i od września całkowicie za darmo (autor uwalnia kolejne swoje emulatory pod okienka - bazując na płatnych wersjach pod Androida)
New in Version 5.0
- Now rendering remaining samples when direct sound channel disabled.
- Now playing all rendered samples at the end of a video frame.
- Fixed direct sound with rates close to 22kHz (Super Puzzle Fighter 2).
- Fixed melodic sound when wave sound is off (International Karate).
- Removed "Direct Sound Off" option from built-in menu and VGBA-Windows.
- Added "64kB FlashROM"/"128kB FlashROM" options to VGBA-Windows.
- Made sure "Guess Hardware" does not mess user-selected storage options.
- When guessing hardware, default to 6bit EEPROM, 64kB FlashROM.
New in Version 4.9
- Removed waveform interpolation for more realistic sound.
- Switched VGBA-Windows to Direct3D textures-based rendering.
- Added "Video | Stretch Full Screen" option to VGBA-Windows.
- Added "Hardware | Debugger" option to VGBA-Windows.
- Added -lcd and -nolcd command line options.
- VGBA-Windows is free for everyone to use and share. Have fun, folks! The latest version, released on October 7 2015, changes sound rendering algorithms, fixing sound in such games as International Karate and Super Puzzle Fighter 2. I have also added FlashROM type selection options to VGBA-Windows and made automatic storage type selection override, but not change user settings.
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 6.3
New in Version 6.3
- Fixed melodic audio playback when DirectSound is off.
- Fixed sound in International Karate.
- Fixed sound in Phantasy Star.
- The latest version, eleased on released on February 11 2021, enables melodic sound emulation while Direct Sound hardware is disabled. This should fix sound in Phantasy Star and International Karate games.
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 6.2
New in Version 6.2
- Added CPU-based simple linear scaling algorithm.
- Added file drag'n'drop support to VGBA-Windows.
-linearcommand line option to VGBA-Linux.
- The latest version, eleased on September 28 2020, adds drag'n'drop support to the Windows version. There is also a new CPU-based linear interpolation algorithm for cases, where GPU-based linear interpolation cannot be used. .
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 6.1
New in Version 6.1
- Refactored scaling and special effects framework in VGBA-Windows.
- Optimized scaling for large screens and windows.
- Added option to force hardware linear scaling.
- Enabled "Video | Stretch Full Screen" option with effects enabled.
- Enabled "Video | Force 4:3 Screen" option with effects enabled.
- Added "Video | Interpolate Video | Linear Scaling" option to VGBA-Windows.
- The latest version, released on August 27 2020, contains a major rewrite of the scaling and special effects infrastructure. The Windows version has got better support for multiple displays and optimized rendering for larger screens. There is now a separate option for linear image scaling, using hardware if possible.
New in Version 6.0
- Added "File | Clear Settings and Quit" option to VGBA-Windows.
- Fixed small windows behavior in VGBA-Windows.
- Fixed window position behavior in VGBA-Windows.
- Saving physical joystick/gamepad selection in VGBA-Windows.
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 5.9
New in Version 5.9
- Fixed bug when writing bytes to palette RAM.
- Fixed bug when reading words from BIOS.
- Recompiled sources with
"-Wall"and fixed warnings.
- The latest version, released on May 10 2018, fixes a bug when writing bytes to palette memory, and another bug that occurred when reading words from the BIOS area (something no sensible person should do, but some games have done). I also removed outdated code, rebuilt the program with strict compiler warnings, and fixed them.
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 5.8
New in Version 5.8
- Added remaining time display during replay.
- Added shadow underneath the time display.
- Stopping replay when menu opens on Windows.
- Fixed replay rollover mechanism.
- The latest version, released on February 7 2018, adds remaining replay time display and fixes several problems with the replay mechanism.
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 5.7
New in Version 5.7
- Fixed rotated backgrounds bug (scenery in Top Gear Rally, etc).
- Fixed default window position to the middle of the screen in VGBA-Windows.
- Fixed DirectInput joysticks support in VGBA-Windows.
- Made directional pads work on XBox gamepads.
- The latest version, released on November 30 2017, fixes rotational backgrounds in Top Gear Pocket and other racing games, fixes support for DirectInput joysticks, and makes directional pads work on Xbox gamepads
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 5.6
New in Version 5.6
- Added multiple monitor support to VGBA-Windows.
- Fixed disappearing window in VGBA-Windows.
- Fixed best full-screen mode detection in VGBA-Windows.
- Fixed window flicker that appeared after recent Win10 updates.
- Switched VGBA-Linux to using PulseAudio sound.
- Updated old PulseAudio driver for 64bit Linux.
- The latest version, released on October 30 2017, adds support for multiple monitors on Windows, fixes the best full-screen mode detection and window flicker that appeared after the latest Win10 updates. The Linux version now uses PulseAudio sound, so you won't need to use /dev/dsp emulation any more.
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 5.5
New in Version 5.5
- Added support for DirectInput joysticks to VGBA-Windows.
- Moved all input-related options to the "Input" menu in VGBA-Windows.
- Fixed crash when changing audio sampling rate in VGBA-Windows.
- Added "Draw 65% Frames" option to VGBA-Windows.
- Fixed screen updates after changing scaling algorithm in VGBA-Windows.
- The latest version, released on June 26 2017, adds DirectInput support for joysticks and gamepads, fixes changing of the audio sampling rate and special effects, adds the option to draw 65% of frames, and moves all input-related options to a separate "Input" menu.
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 5.4
New in Version 5.4
- Added "Interpolate Video | Nearest Neighbor" option to VGBA-Windows.
- Added "Force 4:3 Screen" option to VGBA-Windows.
- Added -4x3 command line option to VGBA-Unix.
- VGBA-Windows will not overwrite last software file name with other names.
- Fixed file associations on Windows 8+.
- Updated VGBA-Windows application icon.
- The latest version, released on January 26 2017, lets you force 4:3 "television screen" format and switch off linear filtering by selecting "Video | Interpolation | Nearest Neighbor" option. I have also fixed file associations on Windows 8+ computers and stopped VGBA from trashing the last opened file name.
→ NOWSZY [gba] VGBA for Windows 5.3
New in Version 5.3
- Added Scale2X scaling algorithm.
- Added Monochrome, Green, Amber, and Sepia CRT emulation.
- Added -scale2x and -raster command line options.
- Added -mono, -sepia, -green, and -amber command line options.
- EMULib-specific command line options now processed inside EMULib.
- Added "Scale2x Algorithm" and "LCD Raster" options on Windows.
- Renamed "Color Raster" menu to "Color Filter" on Windows.
- Deprecated -notv and -nolcd command line options.
- The latest version, released on September 1 2016, adds Scale2x scaling algorithm and several color filters for simulating monochrome, sepia, green, and amber CRT screens.
New in Version 5.2
- Added 14bit EEPROM setting for Aladdin (all versions).
- Disabled FlashROM for all NES Classics games.
- Fixed FlashROM/EEPROM size selection menu in VGBA-Windows.
- Added "Play Sound When Inactive" option to VGBA-Windows.
- Added "Clear File Associations" option to VGBA-Windows.
- Made color raster effects stronger.