Arnold jest jednym ze starszych emulatorów maszynek firmy Amstrad począwszy od typowych mazynek CPC464, CPC6128 aż po modele serii PLUS (Ciekawostka - późne modele CPC z podrasowaną grafiką i zmianami w Locomotive Basic i nową obudową), wraz z konsolą GX4000.
- menus with checkmarks didn't update in debugger
- another ASIC Split bug fixed. Delirium Tremens demo now works.
- another PRI bug fixed.
- more than 1 positional keyboard configuration can be chosen.
- positional keyboard configuration can be configured in a basic way.
- added debugging feature: reveal graphics under border. (enable/disable border drawing)
- moved debugging switches to where debugger is (here you can turn on/off audio channels, sprites, split etc).
- improvements to crtc emulation (more to come). All types except HD6845R are improved.
- Yarek's 4MB ram expansion is more accurate (thanks @TFM )
- emulation of blanking on kc compact.
- added multiplay 3rd fire button and added placeholder multiplay mouse registers (currently always 0)
- Source uploaded for Linux users to build
Since january 20th (which I think was the last release on all platforms):
- added "interlace field" to debugger information. This tracks the internal frame the crtc uses for interlace
- fixed i/o port decoding for symbiface 2 for selecting it's rom and ram
- added ide drive address register
- used RAII for dialogs instead of new and delete
- fixed refresh of menus with checkable items under windows
- added cursor flash state to type 3 status registers
- fixed more of the type 3 status register bits
- fixed annoying screen jumping.
- fixed opening cpr from finder on mac
- fix IPC (this is where if you start a second instance of arnold it tells you and then it communicates the opened file to the other one)
- turn off IPC on mac
- move where resources are within mac bundle
- fixed blank screen when launching games on mac from finder
- set initial prescale value to 0 on power-on because that seems to be the most common value
- fixed most initial asic register values when powering on
- obtained sample rate was incorrectly reported in console window
- attempted to improve sound synchronisation on start up
- translated key mode no longer interrupts autotype
- upgraded code for wx3.1 and sdl2.0.4
- initially centre window on screen
- much closer crtc r9, r4 and r7 emulation. much closer to the tests.
- improved r12/r13 emulation on type 2 including correct time when values are captured and when they are used
- if attempting to autostart a dsk and too many files qualify do a CAT to list them for the user.
- type 3 "vertical adjust" - defined by crtc r5 fixes
- if you auto start a single sided dsk switch to side 0 (fixes problems if you force side 1 in the settings)
- changed crtc r6 handling, works more like my tests but breaks "From Scratch" XD
- fixed vertical sync length handling on CRTC type 0.
- improvements for CRTC R8 handling in terms of interlace and interlace and sync.
- type 2 interlace now working correctly.
- vortex 512kb ram is now a useable device
- fix loading arnold from paths with '#' in them
- if an override rom has been defined (basic, amsdos, os) ignore if the filename is empty. stops confusion with black screen
- physical keyboard mode key assignments were not always reported correctly. now fixed.
- allow choice of different positional keyboard layouts
- fixed handling of reload media when modified. Yes was ignored.
- kc compact blanking fixed (blanking happens during hsync and vsync)
- improved positional keyboard redefinition
- fixed i/o port decoding for Yarek's 4MB expansion. Thanks to TFM for testing
- fixed split screen on last line of screen - fixes Delerium Tremens demo.
→ [cpc] MyArnold
I have had some features :
- Full joystick support for 2 players.
- Better Fullscreen support. I have put 3 /4 possible resolution in the application but you can try other in the ini file.
- It work with ini file instead of registry.
- Better command line, you can use the auto run now, so the game run directly.
It s a computer so I have add :
- Joypad shortcut for enter/space/esacape.
- A special "On screen display menu".
- A special key for joypad to quit, because escape is used by the emulated system.
- The F1 > F9 key are simulated by 1 - 9 key, F1 to F10 are used by arnold for shortcut (like fullscreen, load, save reset ect ...).
On the menu, usable with joypad, you can :
- - Change disk
- - Load/save snapshoot.
- - Simulate a key, It s not yet a virtual keyboard, but you can use your joypad to press a "Y" or a "N" without using your keyboard.