Pojawiła się kolejna pełna wersja STEEM'a w mutacji o dźwięcznej nazwie Steaven Seagal Edition z całkiem pokaźną ilością zmian i poprawek.
Pojawiła się kolejna pełna wersja STEEM'a w mutacji o dźwięcznej nazwie Steaven Seagal Edition z całkiem pokaźną ilością zmian i poprawek.
Steem SSE v.4.0.0, 30/11/2019
- Due to serious monochrome (71hz) rendering issues with Direct3D9, the main build is now the (improved) DirectDraw 32bit build. The D3D builds can be compiled but the binary aren't directly available.
- Some data files are now incorporated in the executable and are not needed anymore: steem.new, HD6301V1ST.img, HFE_boot.bin, ym2149_fixed_vol.bin. Binaries still loaded if present (so you can use alternative files).
- Steem SSE documentation is now in RTF format, with clickable links. All documentation files should be in a /doc folder so that Steem can display them in the info box (F1).
- All plugins (dll) and other accessory files (bin, img, msa.exe) should be in a subdirectory of Steem called plugins.
- Default drive sounds have changed, to get the previous version (Epson), you must point to the appropriate directory.
- Steem doesn't try to match TOS with ST model anymore, instead it can auto-load a configuration.
- Options have been moved around again, there are more tabs such as ST Video and Keyboard/Mouse.
- F11 is now reserved.
- Better keyboard control. Press Alt for an alternative menu. Press tab to navigate dialogs.
- F11 instead of Pause/Break to grab or free the mouse, because the latter key is not always available on the keyboard (laptops). This means F11, just like F12, is now reserved and can't be used as your own runtime shortcut if there are no modifiers (shift...). But Pause/Break is free.
- C1, C2
- The familiar C1 and C2 options have been reorganised. C1 is now low-level 6301 emulation on the new Keyboard/Mouse option page, same effect, same icon. The former C2 (68901) isn't optional anymore, because our new CPU interrupt model has an impact on MFP emulation, and making it optional could add overhead and user confusion. C2 is now the option for high-level software overscan emulation. It is recommended for demos in general, but not really for the rest, so that Steem can use even less power than before.
- Run on startup
- No need to press play.
- This could make Steem more responsive. A bit experimental.
- Lower YM volume 12db in the mix on the STE (convenience hack).
- Default ST configurations
- You can save default configs as STF, STFM, Mega ST and STE. They will be automatically loaded when you change the ST model.
- ST model: STFM
- The difference with STF is bus error (crash!) on STE register LINEWID access (Colorz, Fuzion 77 & 78, Imagination, No Cooper...).
- On screen frame rate counter. Beware bad programmers, you will be exposed!
- Shifter wakeup
- To adjust a timing that impacts Spectrum 512 pictures. 0 (default) is the most compatible setting.
- Debug info
- On screen display.
- Debug info file.
- Real time clock
- 6301 battery (all ST), Ricoh RTC (Mega ST).
- Disk manager
- Option MFM emulation for hopefully more precise timings when running ST, MSA or DIM disk images.
- Fast forward
- The Automatic fast forward on disk access option now also works with MFM, Caps (SPS) and Pasti emulations.
- Disk sound
- You can now choose samples for each drive.
- MSA, DIM
- Disk manager can create uncompressed MSA and DIM disk images. Even uncompressed those formats are better than ST.
- You can load ini config files from the disk manager.
v4.0.0 Emulation improvements
- New interrupt model: the CPU checks for interrupts sometime during the instruction, not between instructions (Motorola AN1012). It's the biggest emulation change in this version of Steem but you should see almost no difference (Phantom scroller).
- Video Counter
- STE: When the program writes to the video counter registers, the GSTMCU cannot at the same time add the LINEWID offset to this counter.
- 0 byte frame
- Video memory isn’t displayed if the frequency is changed when the GLUE is about to start the frame (Hard as Ice, one of the most advanced screens ever coded for the Atari STE).
- Track writes to video RAM (Appendix - the demo is buggy so if you want perfect display, use an older version of Steem!)
- CPU clock
- If you choose a US TOS for STF or STE, NTSC clock instead of PAL.
- Reading mouse/joystick could affect reading keyboard (Froggies over the Fence menu accepting Enter).
- Timings when the CPU is accelerated.
- MIDI in stalls with option C1 (Cubase, etc.). Big bug, sorry!
- Stack register at reset (TOS 1.0 now working with 4MB).
- Window going back to main monitor at each resizing or reset.
- Hires black borders missing.
- Imprecise emulation speed at 60hz and 71hz.
- Update draw pointer on video counter write at the start of the line (Talk Talk 2 bee).
- GEMDOS hard drive emulation: fix file handle leak (Lattice C in TOS above 1.02).
- Video counter reload timing (Calimero).
- STE sound
- Mono STE sound and Microwire (Rebirth - sorry, I needed some years to understand what it was all about!)
- Configurations: errors on loading.
- The DAM timeout is relative to 1st sync mark (X-Out SCP).
- Fix wrong head settle delay (Pandemonium DIM in ADAT mode).
- Fix stall due to frequency change (World is my Oyster ADAT).
- Some timing randomness when time to next flux too long (Powerdrome SCP).
- Fix track ending on very long transition recorded on next rev (Finale/Overlander SCP).
- X64 builds
- 'No stretch' display modes.
→ NOWSZY [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 4.0.1 bugfix 2/02/2020
Steem v4.0.1 2/2/2020.
Steem v4.0.1 1/2/2020.
- The monochrome (71hz) rendering issues with Direct3D9 mentioned in v4.0.0 release notes have been fixed. Bugs were on our side! D3D9 builds available again, and recommended.
- Since we have more builds available, file names have changed again, sorry about that.
- Nine builds of Steem 4 are available for download:
- Steem32D3D.exe Main build
- XSteem32 Linux build (beta-only)
- Debugger includes a powerful ST debugger interface but is heavier on the CPU. 32/64 stand for bits, DD/D3D for DirectDraw/Direct3D.
- For the moment, the Linux build is beta software because it has fewer features than the Windows builds. Features will be progressively added.
- A new page in the general information window (blue icon in the tool bar) gives you interesting statistics about what the program did between Start and Stop, such as disk activity, CPU exceptions, video, etc. Thx Ben Watson for the (PC) CPU use facility.
- You are also informed on what values the various chips of the ST might contain.
- Also a new option No OSD on stop to help the colour counter. Stop is then delayed by one frame.
v4.0.1 Emulation improvements
- NEO screenshots
- Shortcut doesn't work
- X64 builds
- No MIDI out devices
- Fullscreen borders not erased
- D3D builds: VSync always on
- Start in fullscreen failing
- On Screen Display
- FPS crash if video counter above available memory (Lethal Xcess)
- Information window
- Pressing Enter resets the ST or other undesirable effects when this window open
- Emulation thread
- Crash if changing display/sound options live
- Incompatible with extended monitor hack
- Status bar
- Can't disable
- Wrong on STFM
- A little demo is included as an example of ST disk image (STEEM401.ST), it should convince you of the ST's amazing possibilities.
→ [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 3.9.4
Steem SSE v.3.9.4, 1/12/2017
- Dongles: Jeanne d'Arc (French).
- A DirectDraw build of the Boiler is now available.
Option 'Alt YM2149 emu' (MAME-like PSG emulation) moved to sound page.
Option 'Machine/Wake-up' is now persistent (and the default is STE demo-friendly as requested).
v3.9.4 Emulation improvements
- CPU: STOP timing and behaviour (Audio Sculpture, thx ijor, npomarede andtroed).
v3.9.4 Bugfixes / Refactoring
- Can recover from a BLIT ERROR and from 6301 crash in some cases.
- Video rendering of STE hscroll with normal borders (We Were "distorter").
- Sound: STE DMA sound in 16bit mono. Pro Sound Designer in 16bit (Wings of Death, Lethal XCess STF).
- CPU: RTE check new PC for crashes. BTST timing (Phaleon/Chaotic Motion Interferer).
- GLUE: Timer B in shift mode 0 or 1 on a monochrome display (Audio Sculpture). No left border and no-prefetch hscroll (Hard as Ice)
- FDC: Only type 1 commands can be changed while the drive is spinning up (Froggies Over The Fence). Run commands even if current drive isn't connected (Audio Sculpture STF).
- WD1772: Negate motor line on reset (Audio Sculpture SCP - undoubtly the star program of this release if you see all the fixes it caused). Reload first rev at first opportunity (Turrican SCP 2 revs).
- MFP: Reading a timer when it just looped (Froggies Over The Fence back to menu after disk 2). Make MFP timer latency one cycle longer (Sadeness on STF WU1).
- 6301: Mouse movement in high resolution and when the ST is much accelerated. Option C1 compatible with non-English keyboards and key combinations.
→ [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 3.9.3
Steem SSE v.3.9.3, 30/09/2017
- Record to YM file.
- 'Advanced Settings' option (D3D). When unchecked, other options are simplified.
- New Option General/Mute sound when inactive.
- Notice: 'Macros' option page renamed 'Record Input'. When running a new version for the first time (based on existing ini if any), you get dialogs prompting you for a shortcut, home directories, etc. This is to give you a chance to update the link in the Start Menu, but it's optional and you may skip the rest too.
v3.9.3 Emulation improvements
- Anti-aliasing filter for YM2149 emu (option 'C2'). This improves the sound with all sample rates, at the cost of some CPU use (Star Trek). Thx Mike Perkins for the C++ class.
- Hardware Hacks:
- Support for Freeboot (disk side selector).
- Support for STF hardware overscan (LaceScan and Autoswitch).
- Support for STE YM/DMA sound mix fix, useful for Petari's little games ;)
- STE paddles (thx Petari).
v3.9.3 Bugfixes / Refactoring
- Blitter start test (Great Giana Sisters STE).
- 6301/ACIA emulation (Warp STX).
- Removing some hacks in GLU/Shifter emulation.
- Floppy drive emulation at fast speed (no snails) is more compatible (Exile, Super Hang-On, Lost Patrol, ...).
- Multiple screens can have negative coordinates (D3D).
- Fire button of STE joysticks.
- Missing macro in OR.W Dn, (D-Bug 117).
- WD1772: Wrong status after command $D0 (Rogue SCP). Trouble at Index Pulse (some dumps of Gunship SCP).
- Lost on ST disks with <9 sectors (Wipe-Out-RPL, broken v3.9.0)
- Black borders in monochrome mode (bug since the origins!) With borders, the screen isn't centred anymore, sorry about that, but centring caused timing problems. It is correct emulation.
- Removed "multimedia" joystick support as it can cause crashes on some systems, only DirectInput is used now.
- Record Input and Paste Text with option 'C1'. - Messed display when coming back from optional 16bit Fullscreen.
- Slow Motion (broken v3.8.2).
- Possible crash when loading a profile.
→ [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 3.9.2
Steem SSE v.3.9.2, 30/06/2017
- Can copy from the 'readme' texts to the clipboard.
- Can use Steem on a second monitor (D3D).
- Optional borderless window fullscreen mode for even more compatibility (D3D).
- 'Laptop' fullscreen mode renamed 'Max Resolution', now with correct aspect ratio + optional ST aspect ratio (DD).
- Sound: more sampling rates are managed, up to 384Khz.
- Higher rates depend on your hardware. They can reduce aliasing in some cases (Star Trek, Union Demo).
v3.9.2 Emulation improvements
- Hardware Expansions:
- Support for MonSTer alt-RAM.
- Further improvements of blit mode bus arbitration. Note that those improvements increase overhead while having no practical use (game, demo...), but that's the price of more precise emulation. Thx Cyprian for good test programs.
- If option'C2' is checked, an alternative, lower level YM2149 emulation inspired by MAME is used. Thx Couriersud.
- Timings: NTSC clock for the Mega ST, PAL clock for the STF and the STE.
- Former options 'Interpolated Scanlines' and 'PAL Aspect Ratio' have been
- merged into a new option 'ST Monitor'.
- MFP: Timer B tick better following the 'DE' signal.
- More precise timers when the CPU is accelerated (sound routines).
- Some timing changes.
- CPU: 64bit cycle timers (Win64).
- This makes older memory snapshots incompatible.
- CPU timing destination = .W (-An).
- GUI crash on select MIDI in (Win64).
- DC offset: sound is now centred on zero, start/stop shouldn't click.
Note: PSG emulation produces positive-only values, DMA sound samples are signed.
- 2.5MB memory setting was forgotten at second cold reset.
- More compatible, less trashy fullscreen GUI (DD & D3D).
- Some other Fullscreen bugs (trash, wrong size...).
→ [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 3.9.1
Steem SSE v.3.9.1, 28/02/2017
- Save PNG or JPG screenshots without FreeImage.dll (D3D).
- Fullscreen: new option to use the desktop refresh rate (D3D).
v3.9.1 Emulation improvements
- Delay before bus error triggers.
- Blitter: In blit mode, the blitter can interrupt an operation between read and write. The CPU can surrender bus control during an instruction. Steem emulates this, but it’s not 100% accurate.
- Option ‘Fullscreen/Triple buffering’ not updated.
- Microwire volume effect on PSG sound (Antiques). To allow volume effects while avoiding clicks, Steem will adapt the
- volume only progressively, this is not correct emulation, it’s a compromise.
- CPU exception stack frame for MOVE ,(xxx).L.
- TRACE.txt appearing in local directory when Steem launched by association.
- NVDI 5 failing to boot.
- BMP screenshot having wrong size with borders off (D3D).
- Screenshot having bad proportion with option ‘Interpolated Scanlines’ (D3D).
- Option ‘Minimum Size Screenshots’ not operating (D3D).
- Save screenshot to clipboard not operating (D3D).
- JPG quality option not operating (DD).
- ‘Ports’ options messed up.
- Crash on deassociating Steem.
- On Screen Display centring in fullscreen mode, medium resolution, scanlines (D3D).
- Strange triangle in crisp fullscreen mode with scanlines (D3D).
- Crisp fullscreen rendering in medium resolution (D3D).
- Fetching from wrong address in IO zone (White Spirit).
- Steem thinking you’re using the mouse when pressing joystick 0 fire (TNT).
- Some potential CPU timing errors.
- Sound recording totally broken.
- Monochrome extended monitor.
- Steem’s Pasti options messed up at start-up.
→ [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 3.9.0
STEEM v3.9.0 Features
- Gamma correction settings. Steem SSE also includes controls for gamma correction, one slider per RGB colour. Comparing with a CRT display, I couldn't confirm that Steem needs gamma correction, but it's always a handy setting. Option 'Brightness/Control' has been renamed 'Colour Control'.
- Support for the sound playing cartridges MV16 (B.A.T I, B.A.T II, Music Master) and Replay 16 (Microdeal). Fake STC dumps of these are included in the download.
- New cartridge options 'Switch off' and 'Freeze' (Multiface, Ultimate Ripper Cartridge).
- Support for some special adapters ('Ports' option page): Dongles for B.A.T II, Leader Board, 10th Frame, Cricket Captain, Rugby Coach, Multi Player Soccer Manager, Music Master.'Freeze' switches for Ultimate Ripper Cartridge, Multiface ST.Pro Sound Designer, playback only (Wings of Death, Lethal Xcess).
- Disk manager: new option to show/hide extension.
- Disk manager: new right click option to convert a DIM, MSA or ST image to STW.
- Fast drive mode for HFE and STW disk images if 'Accurate Disk Access Times' option isn't checked.
- New patches for: Alcatraz, Archipelagos, Fish!, Flood, Gauntlet III, The Guild of Theives, Jinxter, Rainbow Warrior, Substation, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. No guarantee as usual. If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
- Cycle precision system ("events") for all ACIA I/O (6301, MIDI) whenoption C1 is checked (it doesn't mean the emulation is 100% accurate).
- Some refactoring and source code simplification.
- Remove HD/TOS warning (a 'bad idea' fix).
- No warning for STF/T206, they're compatible.
- Reorganisation of option names in steem.ini (example, there were "Options" and "Option" sections). Because of that, first startup may be confusing, but it had to be done one day.
- If, unlikely as it is, Steem crashes, it will report the exception number and position in a message box, and then close cleanly if possible.
- Auto select TOS on load snapshot: try to match country.
- Clicks on some DMA sounds (Talk Talk 2).
- Reading Joypads when the program doesn't respect conventions (Substation).
- WD1772: delay on SEEK when DR=TR (Suretrip II STW).
- ACIA transmission on accelerated ST (option C1 for 6301 and MIDI).
- MC68000: some timing corrections (using Yacht table).
- Drive speed in "accurate" mode (Necrosys, Oh No More Froggies).
- Joystick port 0 with option C1 (TNT).
- Screenshot with normal (small) size (D3D build).
- Win64 build: fix some GUI crashes.
- File handle leak when using ArchiveAccess.dll.
- CAPS some drive sounds missing.
- Some crashes on load snapshot (option C2).
- Crash on change R/W when STW/HFE disk inserted.
- Save as Neo: save correct resolution.
- Resetting in medium resolution could cause shifted planes, low resolution display.
- Fullscreen crisp rendering: trash when switching resolutions
- DefaultSnapshot in ini file interfering with dropping disk image file on Steem
→ [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 3.8.2
STEEM SSE v3.8.230/06/16
- New OSD option 'Time'.
- New Fullscreen mode option 'Fullscreen GUI'.
- DirectDraw build: fullscreen working with 32bit-only video card drivers.
- New SSE option 'VM-friendly mouse' to help when Steem is run in a
- virtual machine (works with VirtualBox). The cursor isn't bound
- by the window frame. You don't need a VM to use this option.
- Thx galax for tests.
- CPU: stabler E-clock emulation.
- New TOS flags for Czechia, Finland, Greece, Norway (thx Dima Sobolev).
- Remove hack for high frequency tone waves in YM-2149 emulation (YMT-Player).
- Fix Steem SSE crash on some long switches between HIRES and LORES
- Extended monitor hack: ignore VBASE changes (potential crash).
- ACSI: reload TOS to remove "no ACSI" patch.
- Fix stop icon staying on screen after stopping Steem SSE (bug v3.7.0).
→ [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 3.7.3
- Heavy compiler (VS2008) optimisation. Your processor needs to be SSE-enabled (of course)
- SCP randomise start of track (War Heli)
- New steem.ini-only option TosVersionWarning
- Shortcuts for disk image selection
- Extended monitor in D3D fullscreen
- crash when using D3D without DirectDraw
- reading video counter in some case (20 years STE intro)
- stupid compiling bug in MOVEM (Sea of Colour STE)
- 6301 emu + ACIA timings (Snork/Defulloir)
- some bugs in PRG, TOS, STW support
- Blitter hack for Relapse broke several programs (but it was fine without option Hacks) - sorry, it was a relapse, the worst being that I knew it... can't help it
→ [Atari] Steem Steven Seagal Edition (SSE) 3.7.2
- HFE images support/.File format of HxC floppy emulator
Copy file HFE_boot.bin to your Steem directory for new disk image creation
- Improvements in SCP images support
- Ghost disks. More systematic handling of data around index pulse (I Ludicrus)
Simpler system for weak bit protections
- Support for 7Z, BZ2, GZ, TAR, ARJ compression formats. The feature uses ArchiveAccess.dll.The included DLL has been fixed by you know who so that it also works with BZ2 files. Guess it will spread... You still need unzipd32.dll and unrar.dll for ZIP and RAR archives.
- New option for crisp Direct3D fullscreen rendering
- Links updated in general info; don't forget to copy steem.new
(feel free to delete the silly brags and mean-spirited Chuck Norris
- Bugfix MFP spurious interrupt on STOP after CLR int. mask (Return STE -HMD)
- Bugfix fail to properly remove previous disk image on some insertions: could explain some strange bugs, when two disks are in the same drive it can't be good...
- Bugfix WD1772 writing data bytes with missing clock bit on Format