Pojawiła się nowa wersja emulatora Atari800 emulująca oczywiście sprzęt ATARI XE/XL w zasadzie na wszystkim (włącznie z możliwością odpalenia gier z 8bitowych mikrokomputerków na Atari Falcon). Niestety, jeszcze nie ma oficjalnych binarek dla Windows (dorzucam swoją "dziką" kompilację SDL), jeśli ktoś musi i się nie boi... prosze;)
Update: pojawiła się wersja oficjalna atari800-4.2.0-win32-sdl-t2e.pl.zip, można spokojnie sprawdzić co nowego w atari800.
Gravity Worms (2019, AceMan/Vidol/XXL). 1st in the Silly Venture 2019 Atari XL/XE Game competition. Fajna gra... utknąłem już w drugiej planszy:P
Version 4.2.0 (2019/12/28)
- raw Pokey registers recording by Ivo van Poorten
- new platform supported: FireBee
- optional hiding of hidden files/folders in the UI file selector
- libatari800 (Atari800 as a library) by Rob McMullen
- R: device (many years old feature) enabled by default
- proper check if SDL joysticks are found (fixes #58)
- Portrait mode for Android (related to #41)
- RMW for Pokey
- Improved BASIC LST file loading (#55)
- ROM OS path changes handled better (#15)
- improved "Find ROM images" - now Atari800 reboots if necessary (#15)
- fixed an old bug which caused freezing in the UI on Falcon
New command line options:
- -pokeyrec and its children
- -atari_files (#29)
- -saved_files (#29)
- -kbdjoy0 -kbdjoy1 -nokbdjoy0 -nokbdjoy1 (#29)
Plus many Atari Falcon specific fixes and improvements by Mikro. This should be the most complete and bug-free Atari Falcon release in years, so enjoy! :)
→ [ATARI] Oficjalne Atari800 4.1.0 14/03/19 upd
Version 4.1.0 (2019/04/13)
Atari800 now includes Altirra BIOS-es for all emulated systems: 400/800,
XL/XE, and 5200; as well as Altirra BASIC. It is now possible to use the
emulator without providing any ROM images.
The Altirra OS-es and Altirra BASIC can now be selected by users in the
"System settings", if they want to use them. Previously Altirra OS was used
automatically only when no other OS ROMs were found.
joyhat support for all four real joysticks, configurable in CLI/cfg/TUI
All documentation specific to building Atari800 on Windows has been moved
from DOC/INSTALL to a new file, DOC/BUILD.windows. This document
has also been expanded with a new chapter covering building Atari800 using
Ability to use the built-in EmuOS firmware has been removed. Users wishing
to run Atari800 without providing OS ROMs now have an option of using the
built-in Altirra OS-es, which are compatible with much more Atari software
At the same time, it is still possible to compile a version of Atari800
without any OS ROMs built in, by means of the --disable-altirra_bios
Port specific improvements:
== Atari Falcon ==
- More Videl/screen handling fixes
- Ability to run Atari800 in an AES-less environment
- Replaced C2P with MMU friendly and faster code
- Atari800 should run on all TOS clones with XBIOS Sound API
== Android ==
- Fixed building of the Android target, broken in the previous release.
- Fixed labels on console keys (unreadable on hi-res displays)
- Fixed console keys press detection
- Fixed "right-handed joystick" trigger press
== Raspberry Pi ==
- updated build documentation
- find proper Broadcom GLes libraries
- fixed bug in GRAPHICS 9 (shifted colors)
== MS Windows ==
- updated build documentation
- updated build documentation
- it is possible to build atari800 out of source tree
- unconnected host joysticks initialized properly, fixes the MULE game
→ [ATARI] Oficjalne Atari800 4.0.0 11/05/18
Rush'n Attack (a.k.a. Green Beret) (Imagine Software, 1986)
Version 4.0.0 (2018/04/21) - release cooked at Atariada.cz
This release brings four years of hard work of fellow Atari800 developers on improvements and bugfixes of our favorite Atari emulator.
Ports to Atari ST/TT/Falcon, Android, Raspberry Pi and Sega Dreamcast have been improved (some of them greatly).
CPU, SIO, ANTIC, GTIA, POKEY and PIA emulation has been corrected.
Atari800 now includes Altirra BIOS so it is now possible to run *some* programs even without installing the original ROM files.
The total number of changes is so huge that major version bump was necessary.
Contrary to usual NEWS entries here follows a very incomplete list. It might be updated in later releases. In the meantime please read DOC/ChangeLog and the commit history in git for complete list of changes.
This release contains breaking changes in color handling. Users updating from an earlier version should reset their color settings, or else the display might be unreadable. To reset the color settings, do one of these:
- Select one of the presets available in the menu option "Display settings"-> "Color preset";
- or Run atari800 with the -color-preset command-line option, e.g.: atari800 -colors-preset standard;
- or Delete the emulator's config file (.atari800.cfg). Caution: you'll lose all Atari800 settings!
- Support for loading of CAS images with "fsk" chunks - images of copy-protected tapes can now be loaded, with SIO patch being disabled.
- Bit3 Full View 80 Column card emulation.
- New cartridge type 68: "Atrax 128 KB cartridge". Previously existing cartridge type 17: "Atrax 128 KB cartridge" was based on a misconception - real Atrax cartridges have their address and data lines intermixed, so type 17 could not be used with actual ROM dumps. So, type 17 has been renamed to "Decoded Atrax 128 KB cartridge", and new type 68 has been added, whcih now can be used for Atrax ROM chip dumps.
- New cartridge types supported:
- aDawliah 32 KB cartridge
- aDawliah 64 KB cartridge
- new command line switch "-volume" (for 16bit sound output) that can set the output volume of the Atari 800 emulator with value from 0 to 100.
- The Sound Settings option "Fragment size" has been renamed to less cryptic "Hardware buffer size".
- Total emulator volume is lower now because the output has been shifted in order to fix a possible annoying humming sound in silence on some receivers (TV sets).
- Fixed computation of gamma adjustment - now it is applied to each of the three RGB channels separately.
- On systems that support synchronized sound: Fixed the emulator crashing when Dual POKEY was enabled while High Fidelity POKEY was turned off.
- Improve screen update routines in the Dreamcast port. They don't use DIRTYRECT anymore but are faster than the old routines when the whole screen is dirty.
Ninja Master (Firebird Software Ltd., 1986)
Version 3.1.0 (2014/04/12) - release cooked at Atariada.cz
- Highlight of this release: Raspberry Pi port by Andrey Dj
- Hidden easter egg: on-screen keyboard in SDL by Christian Groessler
All the following work has been done by Tomasz Krasuski:
General new features:
- More accurate emulation of PAL colours (based on analysis of oscillograms of real PAL GTIA output)
- Improved PAL blending, working on all grayscale pixels and is accurate now (can be enabled/disabled in "TV effect" display settings)
- common sound layer implemented (SDL, JavaNVM, OSS, DOS) with synchro sound.
- synchronized sound is now supported by both POKEY sound engines.
- turbo mode (F12) is considerably faster
- Added cartridge mapping used by "Turbo Hit"/"Atari Blizzard Hit".
- Added MegaMax 2 MB cartridge mapping.
- Added read-only support for the 4 MB Flash MegaCart mapping.
- Added minimal support for The!Cart.
- fixed possible unnecessary cartridge bank switching
- fixes and clean up in Java port
- fixed diagnostic cartridge cold start (doesn't send Start+Option)
- fixed two old bugs in DOS sound (pitch being wrong and sound missing)
- fixed keyboard not working for ncurses video and OSS sound
Screaming Wings (Red Rat Software Ltd, 1986)
Atari800 version 3.0.0 (released on 2013/03/03)
This version brings so many changes that I couldn't help myself and had
to increase the major version. Frankly, I have tried going with 2.3.0
but after hard thinking I decided that the reworked configure process
and all the internal and UI changes justify the major version bump.
This release brings more than 22 months of work done mostly by Tomasz
Krasuski. Actually if not counting Colleen (the Android port developed
by Kostas Nakos) almost everything else in this release was done by
Tomasz. So thank him and enjoy :-)
- Option to automatically save configuration on exit
- More settings saved in configuration:
- currently attached tape file
- cartridge settings, including currently attached cartridges
- state of R-Time 8
- system settings, including Mosaic/Axlon RAM size
- New Tape Management menu - can now create blank tape images, switch tape to read/write in order to save additional data at the end of the current tape image, rewind/fast forward the tape, and mark it as read-only. See DOC/USAGE for details.
- Displaying tape position when "Show sector/block counter" is enabled.
- Reworked Cartridge Management menu - now displays filename of the attached cartridge.
- Option to disable restarting of the machine after cartridge change.
- When attaching a cartridge from the command line, cartridge type can now be specified using the new -cart-type and -cart2-type options.
- New cartridge types supported:
- OSS 8 KB cartridge
- OSS two chip 16 KB cartridge (043M)
- Blizzard 4 KB cartridge
- AST 32 KB cartridge
- Atrax SDX 64 KB cartridge
- Atrax SDX 128 KB cartridge
- Turbosoft 64 KB cartridge
- Turbosoft 128 KB cartridge
- Ultracart 32 KB cartridge
- Low bank 8 KB cartridge
- SIC! 128 KB cartridge
- SIC! 256 KB cartridge
- SIC! 512 KB cartridge
- Standard 2 KB cartridge
- Standard 4 KB cartridge
- Right slot 4 KB cartridge
- The configure script can now auto-detect some of the available display and sound interfaces before compiling.
- Option to enable XEP80 added to The Emulator Settings menu.
- Emulation of the 1200XL, including console LEDs, no built-in BASIC, the
- F1-F4 keys (mapped to arrow keys in the SDL version) and the on-board J1 jumper.
- Emulation of the XE Game System, including the built-in game and detachable keyboard.
- Revamped the Select System menu (now called System Settings). Can now select many system settings, including RAM expansions, OS and BASIC revision, and more.
- System ROM settings moved to a separate menu. Now it stores paths to all known official revisions of the Atari OS, the 5200 BIOS, all BASIC revisions, and the XEGS built-in game. The OS revision to use is chosen automatically when selecting a machine type (for example, the 400/800 OS PAL or NTSC version is chosen depending on the selected TV system).
- 400/800: Emulation of all RAM sizes achievable with different combinations of the CX852 and CX853 modules - from 8 to 48 KB.
- Emulation of 32/48KB memory sizes in the XL/XE mode, compatible with memory expansions for the 600XL manufactured by RC Systems.
- Emulation of the MapRAM hardware hack.
- Display settings: "Hue" renamed to "Tint". Tint now configurable also in PAL mode.
New Android port features:
- Renamed Atari800 Android port to "Colleen"
- Implemented extended key remapping
- Implemented the B: device (8-bit games can reach the web now)
- Support for Xperia play keycodes added
- Remapped dpad enter to break
- Added paddle emulation
- Optimized file selector, allow roaming outside of ext. storage dir
- Added an exclusion border for paddle mode
- Implemented state saving
- Implemented Planetary Defense mode, a Koala Pad click-where-I-point mode
- Natively supported UI on post-Honeycomb devices
- Fixes for Jelly Bean (audio stuttering, keypad dialogs, soft keyboard)
- Added new dialog for cartridge type selection
- UI fine tuning
- Bugfixes in cassette emulation - works reliably even for tape images with long (> 4096 B) blocks.
- Fixes in save states - loading of save states works correctly even with an attached bank-switched cartridge or with an Axlon/Mosaic RAM expansion.
- Note 1: Format of the state files has changed. Old save states can still be opened, but newly-created ones cannot be opened in older versions of Atari800.
- Note 2: Tape position is not restored on loading of save states. Do not save state during tape loading/saving - it won't work as expected.
- "Disable BASIC when booting Atari" no longer emulates pressing of the Option key when in the 400/800 mode.
- Fixed a bug with BASIC sometimes disabling itself when switching system type to 400/800
- Minor bugfixes in file selector
- Fixed emulation of SpartaDOS X piggyback cartridge functionality
- "Save Screenshot" fixed - it saved an interlaced screenshot instead of a normal one.
- SDL version: Swapped mapping of right and middle mouse buttons, to make it identical to the X11 and Win32 ports.
- Monitor: fixed displaying/disassembling of memory area $D000-$D7FF - with the new supported cartridge types, code may reside on page $D5, and now it can be debugged.
- SDL version: fixed a blue border when in OpenGL BGRA32 mode.
- Minor fixes in parsing of command-line options.
- Rewritten XEP80 emulation - now more accurate and supports switching between NTSC/PAL modes with correct aspect ratio. XEP80 emulation now requires a charset ROM image, path to which should be set in the XEP80_CHARSET line in the config file.
- Fixed operating system patches not working with all official revisions of the OS.
- Fixed emulation of separate ANTIC/CPU access to XE RAM when Self-Test is enabled.
- Fixed the emulator menu sometimes being displayed incorrectly (missing font) when running without an OS ROM image.
- Improved accuracy of generated colours in PAL mode.
- Fixed emulation of the H: read operation - Turbo Basic's BLOAD now works on H: devices.
Tagi: Atari, Atari800, Emulator, Atari Xe, Atari Xl
Inne treści związane z tematem
[PDF] Nowości w DLH's Commodore Archive
Serwis DLH's Commodore Archive to w chwili obecnej jeden z największych archiwum materiałów poligraficznych dla komputerów spod sztandaru Commodore (Amiga, C128, C64, C264, PET, VIC20), a od pewnego czasu także innych platform (Apple, Atari, Texas Instruments, PC). W jego zakamarkach znajdziemy genialny zestaw ocr'owych okładek i manuali do gier i aplikacji, pokaźną kolekcję ...
[Atari] AtariOnLine: Życzenia i konkursowe przypomnienie
Życzymy wszystkim naszym czytelnikom Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku już teraz, bo pewnie nie będzie nikogo, kto byłby w stanie w ciągu najbliższej doby wrzucić tu świeżą nowinkę. Ale jest też bardzo ważne przypomnienie o konkursach!
[ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XXII 30/12/20
Nowe wersja testowa Altirry, emulatora ATARI XE/XL/5200. Rozwiązano problem sporadycznego złego zapisu snapshotów
Ostatnia pełna wersja tego emulatora, jaka publicznie została udostępniona to Alirra 3.20 z 23 czerwca 2019 r.
[Atari.Area] MadPascal 1.6.3
Nowa wersja multiplatformowego kompilatora MadPascal w nowej wersji przynosi sporą ilość optymalizacji generowanego kodu, a także nowe biblioteki, dzięki którym w prosty sposób można używać niestandardowych trybów graficznych.
poprawki, optymalizacje - SYSUTILS: Trim
SYSTEM: PByte, PByteArray, PWord
GRAPH, FASTGRAPH: TFrameBuffer, DisplayBuffer, FrameBuffer, SwitchBuffer, ...