Shoebill jest dość nietypowym emulatorem Apple Macintosh II, gdyż pozwala on na emulację unixa (A/UX) na tej udawanej platformie. Do poprawnej pracy potrzebujemy romu MacII i z czym pewnie będzie trudniej dystrybucji A/UX (obrazu HDD) - trudniej, jak trudniej wystarczy spytać wujka googla i zaraz mamy link do torrenta.
- A/UX 1.1.1 through 3.1
- 68020 CPU (mostly)
- 68881 FPU (a little)
- 68851 PMMU (just enough to boot A/UX)
- A NuBus video card with 24-bit depth
Does not implement (yet)
- Serial ports
- Support for multiple screens
*** 0.0.4 ***
- A/UX 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 boot now!
- Now with basic support for Windows/Linux via SDL2
- Supports “thousands” and “millions” of colors
- Lots of little bug fixes:
- A few more implemented FPU instructions
- The video card driver is implemented more fully
- SCSI is more stable under heavy I/O
*** 0.0.3 ***
- Shoebill can now restart and shutdown without crashing (usually)
- PRAM now works and actually persists (in shoebill’s preferences plist)
- The real time clock now works a little bit and reports an approximately correct date to A/UX. I’ll get around to allowing the date to be modified and to allow that modification to persist across restarts.
- When the A/UX scheduler is idling, shoebill will now idle. Specifically, the CPU thread will now sleep when the CPU hits a stop instruction.
- Full screen is now supported
- The VIA timers are a little bit closer to working, although the Macintosh Time Manager is still completely broken.