Kolejny beta test WinUAE, emulatora całej rodziny komputerów AMIGA, i bezsprzecznie najbardziej profesjonalnego wśród udawaczy tego sprzętu. Nowa seria zapowiada się ciekawie, a w zasadzie to co powinniśmy zobaczyć w 2.7.1, zwłaszcza dla osób mojego pokroju, którzy przygodę z własną przyjaciółką zakończyli na A500 z zewnętrzną stacją 5.25 i 1mb Ramu;) (reszta "przyjaciółek" widywałem u znajomych, ale im później je spotykałem tym bardziej wyglądały jak PC:P, ewentualnie jak MacG3 plus jakieś dodatki;P) .
Co prawda jak pisze Toni, większość zmian zapewne odnotują tylko osoby, które lubią przeglądać materiały z demosceny, normalnie zjadacze gier zapewne nie odnotują żadnych rewolucji.
Rick Dangerous II (Micro Style, 1990)
WinUAE 2.7.1 beta 1 [04/01/14]
2.7.1 (or possibly higher) beta series. Lots of A500 cycle-exact improvements and chipset corner cases fixed. (Thanks to amilo3438 for collecting huge amounts of demo test cases)
Huge changelog, mostly technical stuff.
- Setting blitter channel mode to D only from D + any other channel(s) combination when blitter was active caused blitter emulation to repeat D write until BLTSIZE was written again. (Sinemania / Latex)
- Blitter was not fully synced with bitplane DMA. When CPU had nothing to do (waiting for memory fetch or had long internal operation executing), blitter and bitplane DMA was emulated in separate passes. Optimization which is not that good idea in cycle-exact modes. Fixes glitches in most demos with vertical "copper" bars.
- "Blitter: D-channel without nothing to do?" can happen if program changes channel mode on the fly from D to AD, do not cancel blit in this situation. (Just Another Compilation / Magnetic Fields)
- Blitter's last idle cycle before final D write does not require free bus cycle. Exception: it needs to be free if it is extra cycle added in fill mode. (Lets Rave / Profecy, CrazyWorld / Dioxide)
- D-only blit didn't set blitter finished state early enough. Blitter finished bit is set, in normal mode, after second to last D write is done, not when blitter pipeline is empty and final D is written. (Bob demo / D-Mob)
- Blitter line mode timing updates, blit finished bit gets set immediately when last D write has been done but copper waiting for blitter needs 4 extra cycles and they don't need to be free cycles. I assume these 4 extra cycles are same as non-line mode 2 extra cycles + line mode forcing blitter to use only every other cycle. (Matches logic analyzer results but this is not easy to 100% confirm)
- Writing to blitter pointer register 1 cycle before same blitter channel is used for DMA fetch: written value is ignored, pointer does not change. Cycle exact mode only. (Rampage / TEK music corruption in Credits and Acknowledgements part, corrupted when landscape part started)
- Blitter not in nasty mode: idle cycles (that are usable by CPU) incorrectly counted as "CPU waits for bus".
- Blit without D-channel active in cycle-exact mode: final cycle still used D channel. (Oops..)
- When copper was stopped by writing to both COPxJMP registers while DMA was also disabled, it incorrectly was set to strobed state if yet another COPxJMP access was done with DMA still being disabled.
- Emulated quite weird copper feature, if second cycle of copjmp strobe cycle sequence would cross scanlines (positioned immediately after first strobe/refresh slot), it will disappear! (Psycho Medium 4 / Turnips)
- New undocumented feature: bitplane DMA and sprite DMA is inhibited during last line of field. (A500 logic analyzer confirmed, no difference between OCS or ECS)
- DDFSTOP > maxhpos causing full horizontal overscan DMA (ECS only) improved. (Child's Play 1 / Silicon Ltd)
- "SWIV" bitplane feature was line based, now it is cycle-based. (No one has enabled or disabled it mid-scanline, but at least emulation is more compatible now)
- If number of bitplanes decreases mid scanline, possible remaining data (BPLCON1 non-zero) in disabled planes' shift registers must be shifted out. (Party Report / Escape & Outlaws)
- Optimized "SPEEDUP" bitplane emulation didn't copy last fetched data to BPLxDAT storage variable, causing random glitches in other parts of display if program changed number of planes after DDFSTRT had matched. (Plasma Explosion / Timex)
- Bitplane delay (BPLCON1) mid-scanline timing should be now 100% exact. (Psycho Medium IV / Turnips)
- Sprite update in 270b13 was wrong, should work better now, it broke Elfmania scoreboard.
- Modified interrupt delays, handle situation where (broken) program starts blitter with INTREQ already set and blit finishes before next instruction clears it. (Absolute Inebriation / VD "big double glenz" part)
- Reset color registers only after hardware reset.
- It seems ECS Denise color palette is full white after power up but full black if OCS. (Small Intro / TWW)
- Reading byte from CIA address that has valid CIA A/B select bit but bit 0 inverted (Active 8 bits of 16-bit data bus not driven by CIAs) didn't read prefetch buffer contents in 68000 CE/prefetch mode. (Copper Bandwaggon / New Age)
- 68020 CE mode 6888x exceptions didn't skip instruction prefetch, broke for example KS 1.3 FPU detection.
- 68020 CE last prefetch word load after branch or exception used incorrect (too fast) non-ce fetch call.
- MSVC 2013 compiled, switched to fastcall calling convention.
- Added optional gameports panel setting: don't disable original key if it is mapped to keyboard joystick emulation. Config file only, joyportXkeyboardoverride=false (X=port number).
- Added "delay <fields>" command to custom event strings. (for example "kbr 'a'" "delay 50" "kbr 'b'" will send key 'a', wait 1 second (in PAL mode), send key 'b'. Multiple delayed custom events can be active at the same time.
- Accept Draco Casablanca partition table identifier (CDSK instead of usual RDSK).
- 256k rom image inserted in floppy drive: mount as A1000 KICK disk, 512k rom image mounts as A3000 SuperKickstart disk (with 256k rom area empty and no bonus code included = useless for A3000 emulation)
- Resolution autoswitch was not compatible with new interlace scanline modes.
- Resolution autoswitch improved, instead of being boolean (on or off), now it can be configured for percentage of resolution used, for example if value is about 10 or larger, and game has tiny hires scoreboard and the rest is lores: lores will be selected. Value=1 emulates old behavior, use highest resolution if there is even single line of hires or shres mode.
- Some Game Ports panel remap operations didn't work correctly if Input panel was set to "Configuration #1-#3"
- Automatically focus debugger window when debugger activates.
- Capture mouse after exiting debugger if it was captured when debugger was activated.
- Do not ask for extended ADF if program writes to disk using standard dos format and 1 or more sectors have non-zero header data, add message to load and ignore sector header data. (Thrill Kill disk writing)
- Standard partition HDF zero or -1 dostype: force DOS .
- <= 512M partition hardfiles had IDE-like geometry if it didn't have OFS or FFS filesystem.
- Always mount all non-CDROM SCSI devices if uaescsi.device is enabled and SCSI mode is SPTI.
- More readable crash dump file naming, 64-build dump file support added.
- Mouse driver mode + magic mouse lost mouse buttons when WinUAE window focus was lost.
- RTG mode + Aspect ratio not default or automatic + Scale if smaller set: screen was very narrow.
- DMA debugger blitter color changed, now normal blit, fill blit and line blits are different enough.
- JSR and JMP (d8,PC,Xn) or (d8,An,Xn) addressing modes did one unneeded prefetch.
- MOVE from SR was too fast if destination was memory (68000 does memory write twice for some reason)
- SR/CCR modification instructions always do full prefetch fill.
- (d8,PC,Xn) and (d8,An,Xn) addressing modes have idle cycle before first prefetch, not after.
- CMP.X #imm,EA where EA = -(a0) or (d8,An,Xn) didn't have extra idle cycle.
- Logic analyzer rechecked and updated exception initialization times. (Some were 2 cycles too fast)
- DIVU/DIVS cycle count algorithm had prefetch included: division operations were always 4 cycles too slow.
- Arcadia support synced with MAME 0.152 (ar_xxxx.zip rom images), missing bios roms and games added. Old rom files not supported. Note that Arcadia is NTSC, new bios 4.00 hangs in PAL mode. ROM rescan required to detect new files.
» [Strzałki][AMIGA] WinUAE 2.8.0 spolszczenie
WinUAE 2.8.0 [05/05/2014]
Standard A500 compatibility is now practically as good as it can get without knowledge of blitter's undocumented internal logic design. (Mainly problem with some demos that accidentally modify blitter registers while blitter is already active)
- Full A4000T and A4091 NCR53C710 SCSI emulation.
- A590/A2091 and A4091 boot ROM GUI selection.
- Separate graphics filter settings for native and RTG modes.
- 256k ROM image inserted in floppy drive emulates A1000 KICK disk.
- Super Card Pro image file support (.scp).
- SLIRP network inbound port support (default: 21, 22, 23 and 80, others can be added by editing configuration file)
- Input panel previously toggle-only events can be optionally set to on and off state, audio/video recording input event added.
- Joystick/joypad can be used to control light pen cursor.
- Remaining 68000 cycle-exact mode timing fixes.
- 68000 reading from write-only or non-existing custom register compatibility improved.
- Big chipset edge case compatibility update, for example demos with vertical "copper" bars work perfectly, real hardware glitches in horizontal scaling are now accurately emulated and much more.
- 68040/68060 without emulating unimplemented FPU instructions is now fully compatible with Motorola FPU emulation library, FSAVE special FPU exception stack frames implemented.
- Programmed modes (Super72 etc) now automatically select best fit horizontal resolution and is more compatible with different filter modes, also display positioning is improved.
- Recently dumped Arcadia arcade system ROM images supported.
- Debugger full FPU and 68020+ bitfield, and other previously missing 68020+ only instructions supported in disassembler.
- Magic mouse + mousehack mode now always stops keyboard input when mouse is outside of emulation window, even if window still has focus.
2.7.0 bug fixes:
- Unformatted partition hardfiles didn't mount and had incorrect geometry.
- Resolution autoswitch was not compatible with new interlace scanline modes.
- 68020 CE mode FPU exceptions fixed, broke for example KS 1.3 FPU detection.
- Sound glitches in games that use OCS compatible "fake 60Hz" screenmodes.
- Keyboard led indicator state syncronization problems fixed.
- Fixed very rare JIT FPU bug introduced in 1.2.
- Vertical centering works again, improved horizontal centering.
- Full tablet emulation boot guru fixed.
- Graphics glitches in some borderblank and border sprite modes.
- Master floppy write protection setting was not loaded from config file.
- Some narrow AGA modes clipped some pixels from right edge of display.
- A590/A2091 didn't work in all supported CPU modes.
- CPU polled disk reading was unreliable in some situations.