Nowe wersja testowa Altirry, emulatora ATARI XE/XL/5200.
Ostatnia pełna wersja tego emulatora, jaka publicznie została udostępniona to Alirra 3.90 z 14 czerwca 2020 r.
Altirra 4.00 Beta XVI 09/10/2020
- AltirraOS: Implemented XL/XE NOCLIK variable.
- Cartridge: Fixed MegaCart 512K (3) banking disable behavior to only use bit 7.
- Debugger: .diskreadsec now always uses the virtual sector length for consistency with .diskwritesec.
- Disk: Fixed hang when loading ATX images with extra data pointing to out-of-range sectors.
- AltirraOS bumped to 3.29: NOCLIK is now implemented in XL/XE mode.
- Megacart (3) 512K banking fixed to only use bit 7 for disable.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if somehow a disk image got persisted in settings with an empty path.
- The Wine64 on macOS bug workaround has now been enabled by default -- it activates on the x64 build whenever a bad TEB pointer is detected and the program is running under Wine.
- Debugger: .diskreadsec command now always uses the virtual sector size, for consistency with .diskwritesec.
- Removed an unnecessary stat call in most file open paths and fixed some cases of poorly buffered disk image I/O.
- Fixed bug where some portions of the emulator like the Disk Explorer could not write to double-density boot sectors when formatted by a full drive emulator.
- Fixed bug where XFD image files were always completely rewritten on the first write instead of being incrementally updated.
- Fixed the FDC to use proper write track limits for 300 and 360 RPM disk drives. Removed a hack that had been put in to make the 1050 work, as it now properly runs the FDC in 8" mode as the real drive does.
- Fixed an FDC issue preventing the 1050 Duplicator firmware from formatting disks (waiting too long for initial byte write).
- ATX: Sectors are now properly sorted by ascending position when writing.
- ATX: Fixed bug where an unmatched extra sector info chunk would cause the parser to hang.
- ATX: Added experimental support for double density images. The specification for this is not yet finalized, so this is gated in Tools > Advanced Configuration > image.disk.atx.full_sector_support.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XX 16/11/2020
Last Squadron (2020, Chabowski&Szpilkowski). 1st on ABBUC Software Contest 2020
Altirra 4.00 Beta XX 16/11/2020
- Input: Direct keyboard layout had incorrect mappings for Ctrl/Shift+Space.
- Input: Ctrl/Shift are now blocked from virtual key mappings when used by input maps with the 'share' option off. (They are still processed for character mappings due to OS limitations.)
- SIDE3 fixes for cartridge emulation and SDHC capacity reporting.
- Added .side3 debugger command.
- Fixed Ctrl/Shift+Space not being bound correctly in the direct key layout.
- Ctrl/Shift are now blocked from keyboard processing for virtual key bindings when used in input maps, unless the 'share' option is set. Note that character (cooked) bindings are not affected, because of the way that the OS keyboard driver works and AltGr being equivalent to Ctrl+RAlt.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XIX 10/11/2020
Raymaze 2000 (NRV, 2020)
Altirra 4.00 Beta XIX 10/11/2020
- UI: Keyboard shortcuts have been reset to default to fix a bug with them being stored in the wrong place and to only store changes from default shortcuts.
- UI: Default shortcuts for toggling audio channels have been changed from Ctrl+Alt+[1-4] to Alt+Shift+[1-4] to fix a conflict with some AltGr+key bindings in the Spanish keyboard layout.
- Devices: Added SIDE 3 emulation.
Devices: Added virtual hard disk device that translates a read-only host directory to a FAT32 partition image.
- Devices: Fixed bug where debug reads from SIDE/SIDE2 flash windows could trigger side effects during sector erase operations.
- IDE: Fixed Rev. S not supporting some Rev. D registers and being detected as Rev. C.
- .dlhistory now shows per-line display list IPs for multi-line jump instructions. This will show how your display list is going haywire if you manage to accidentally vertically scroll one.
- Fixed a bug where custom keyboard shortcuts were getting saved at the root of HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of in Altirra's section. The default keyboard shortcuts for toggling audio channels have also been changed to avoid conflicting with key combos in the Spanish keyboard layout. As part of these two fixes, custom keyboard shortcuts have been reset. However, from now on they will only be saved as deltas from the defaults, so when new keyboard shortcuts are added they will be merged (previously you would not see them if you had customized any shortcuts).
- Fixed bug where IDE+2 rev D/S did not expose some registers from rev. D.
- Fixed a bug in SIDE/SIDE 2 emulation where flash read handlers were registering side effects from debugger reads. This only affected the toggle bits during flashing.
- Initial SIDE 3 emulation support. Currently emulated: read-only SDHC, DMA, partial cartridge emulation, basic RTC. Only tested on the SIDE 3 Loader so far.
- Added virtual FAT32 device. This takes a host path and maps all of the files into a virtual read-only FAT32 partition for anything that can take a hard disk block device in the emulator (IDE/CF/SD/SCSI). This view does not currently live update with changes and subdirectories are not supported, but long file names and Unicode filenames are supported. It seems to pass Windows 10 CHKDSK....
Regarding a couple of things mentioned above:
There isn't currently much integration between the debugger commands and the debugger UI, though I could probably put one in here. Need to look over the Watch window again, it hasn't gotten much attention (I don't really use it). A few settings in the debugger UI are saved but a lot of it isn't.
The majority of emulator settings are saved on exit from the profile or emulator, so if you start a new copy before then, it won't see the settings. This goes double if you are in portable mode (Altirra.ini), as in that case the entire virtual Registry is not saved until exit -- running two simultaneous copies in this situation is not supported, and typically all settings will be overwritten by the last instance to exit.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XVIII 22/10/2020
Altirra 4.00 Beta XVIII 22/10/2020
- ANTIC: JVB instructions now have the correct replayed height when ending a vertical scroll region.
- Debugger: Fixed disassembler prescanner using the wrong instruction length for COP n instructions.
- Disk: Fixed XF551 formatting side 2 of disks with incorrect interleave.
- Fixed disassembler opcode length table for COP n instruction.
- Added support for double-sided ATX images. Currently this only works for XF551-style double-sided images; ATR8000-style or PERCOM-style is problematic because ATX files use physical layout and there's no way to tell how it should be mapped to logical layout.
- Fixed a bug with physical sectors not being reversed properly, causing the XF551 to format side 2 slowly.
- 815 track materialization routine now supports sector sizes other than 256 bytes.
- Fixed height of JVB instruction repeats when ending a vertically scrolled region.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XVII 10/10/2020
Spindizzy (1986, Electronics Arts)
Altirra 4.00 Beta XVII 10/10/2020
- ANTIC: Fixed unstable horizontal scrolling in IR mode 3.
- Fixed horizontal scrolling issues with IR mode 3 (was caused by overdecoding).
- Added an option to invert data for the 815, to emulate the way it reads/writes data inverted from other drives.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XV 16/09/2020
Diamondz II (Fandal, 2020)
Altirra 4.00 Beta XV 16/09/2020
- Devices: Fixed a case where Rapidus could fail to cleanly switch from the 65C816 to the 6502..
- Fixes an issue with Rapidus emulation where an unclean CPU switch would occur from 65C816 to 6502 mode.
- 815 emulation now supports writing and formatting. Note that attempting to format a format-protected disk (VRWSafe mode) will end up going through the entire format, as the emulator has no way to know that the 815 is trying to format the disk until it's too late to stop it (though it will block the writes).
- Fixed an 815 bug with sector corruption across the index mark.
- Fixed an 815 bug with the drive indicator being left on for drive 2.
- 815 drive ID configuration now works.
Altirra 4.00 Beta XIV 13/09/2020
- Disk: Added full emulation for the Atari 815 disk drive (read only)..
- Fixes to effective address computations for non-history based disassemblies.
- Initial read-only emulation for the Atari 815 disk drive.
For those who don't know, the Atari 815 is an odd duck. It has two drive mechanisms and is the only Atari 8-bit disk drive I know of that has no floppy drive controller chip. Instead, Atari opted to brute force it with a 2MHz 6507 (faster than the computer!), 4K of ROM, three 6532 RIOT chips (mislabeled as PIAs), a MC6852 Synchronous Serial Data Adapter (a.k.a. overgrown shift register), and a data separator made out of miscellaneous logic. It is also the only disk drive that cannot read a single density disk, with its hardware and firmware limited to MFM. It also cannot read enhanced density -- the hardware is capable of doing so, but we'll give the designers a pass for not supporting a format that didn't exist yet. The 815 does support code upload, and a couple of the extra commands are suspiciously similar to ones in the 810 revision E firmware, which implies a relationship between the two. No support for high-speed, sadly, even with the 4K ROM and 2MHz CPU -- and with hardware support for another 2K ROM expansion this drive could have done a lot. As the 815 has no FDC, the firmware itself reads and writes raw MFM data, including scanning for sector headers. The emulator has to synthesize a raw MFM track to support this and without the FDC doesn't know what sectors the firmware is trying to access, so currently the emulation is read-only and only shows track numbers instead of sector numbers. The hardware strips MFM clock bits on read but requires the firmware to encode to MFM and calculate CRC-16s in software. It's surprisingly capable of doing this with the 2MHz CPU and the drive formats with a 16:1 interleave, slightly faster than US Doubler standard interleave. The one sub-par thing I've found is sync -- instead of just waiting for the $4489 pattern to appear, the 815 has to use a two-step process to detect the $44 and then check the $89. This means that it will miss the sync when a pattern like $44489 shows up and makes the drive unusually dependent upon the $00 bytes before the sync. The drive also doesn't report errors the same way as an FDC, although this is hard for me to test as ATX doesn't support double density disks yet and there aren't really any copy protected double density disks anyway.
The 815 seems to be format compatible with other double density drives, including the three boot sector convention -- which is interesting, considering when this drive was made (1980-1981?). It's also the only drive to implement the mysterious Read Spin, Motor On, and Verify Sector commands documented in the Atari Operating System Manual that no other drive implements.
You'll need the 4K firmware to make this work, combining the two 2K ROM images. I've opted for a format where the A107 chip is first and the A106 chip is second, which matches the canonical order in the address space ($0800-17FF). For convenience, it is attached. All copies of the 815 firmware that I have found, including those from Bob Woolley, are the same, with A107 CRC32 32BD3CFD, A106 CRC32 C13657E0, combined CRC32 1527D542. Some dumps come with an extra 6-byte Atari executable header that must be removed.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XIII 10/09/2020
Altirra 4.00 Beta XIII 10/09/2020
- Debugger: Effective addresses are now shown in history in 65C816 mode.
- UI: Performance analyzer now supports dark mode.
- Disk: Added workaround for 1050 Turbo firmware not detecting density if the drive is powered up with a disk already inserted.
- PerfAnalyzer: Fixed painting bug with ANTIC DL event channel at some zoom levels and scroll positions.
- 65C816 execution history now contains effective addresses for indexed and indirect modes. (This doesn't fix the case in the console window yet, which uses current state instead of history state.)
- Added workaround for 1050 Turbo power-up density detection bug: when a power-up occurs with a disk already in the drive, the emulator toggles Not Ready until the firmware notices the disk.
- Performance analyzer now supports dark mode.
- Fixed a redraw issue and potential crash with the ANTIC display list (DL) timeline in traces. This typically manifested as it not drawing at some zoom levels.
- Improved performance of the video trace timeline by caching the bitmaps and fixing a bug that caused an overly expensive downscaling filter to be used.
- Added an awful hack to try to work around the problems in Wine64 on macOS: specifying /macwine64hack on the command-line will try to work around the broken GS: selector that only works for gs:[30h] and gs:[58h] offsets and causes newer Visual C++ runtimes to crash, by patching the CRT to go through the TEB->Self pointer instead. If this works then it can be made a bit more automatic.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XII 03/09/2020
Montezuma Redux (Hack) (2020, Tix).
Altirra 4.00 Beta XII 03/09/2020
- Fixed regression in 810/1050 full drive emulators where non-Happy810 drives ran at 265 RPM.
- Frame PC bank is now set correctly when hitting a breakpoint in 65C816 mode.
- Added 1050 turbo II ROMs to the autodetect list.
- Happy 810 autospeed RPM now updates immediately when changed while drive is in optional speed mode.
- Fixed a bug with the caret sometimes jumping to a weird position when expanding a JMP/JSR target in the Disassembly window.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test XI 26/08/2020
Dizzy (Codemasters Software Company Limited, 1988), port on Atari 2020 by Fandal
Altirra 4.00 Beta XI 26/08/2020
- PCLink: Now uses last write timestamp for files instead of creation timestamp.
- Disk: Virtual SDFS volumes now use creation timestamps for directories.
- "Disk is not supported" warning now displays the geometry of the unsupported disk.
- Floppy disk controller emulation now supports formatting 512 byte sector geometries for full disk emulators. In particular, the TOMS Turbo Drive can now format in DD 512 mode.
- High density / 8" timing is now tracked as part of disk geometry.
- 512 byte sector geometries are now supported in ATR images. Standard PC 160K/180K/360K/720K/1.2M/1.44M geometries are supported, and anything up to 1.44M is mapped to floppy geometry with 1:1 interleave.
- Happy 810 autospeed mod RPM is now adjustable.
- Virtual SDFS and PCLink handlers now consistently use creation date for directories and last modified date for files.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 4.00 test X 24/08/2020
Altirra 4.00 Beta X 24/08/2020
- PCLink: Fixed reversed PCLink directory sort order.
- Increased write complete delay for standard disk emulator with accurate timing off.
- Fixed reversed PCLink directory sort order.
Altirra 4.00 Beta IX 23/08/2020
- Disk: Added option in Disk Drives dialog to show location of mounted disk images in File Explorer.
- Firmware: Warn if ROM image being added is blank.
- Fixed new status/read-PERCOM timing not working with accurate disk timing disabled (warp-rotation mode).
- Added option to Disk Drives menu to locate the mounted disk image file in Windows Explorer.
- Added warning when adding a firmware image file that is blank.
Tagi: Atari, Atari 5200, Altirra, Emulator, Test, Atari Xe, Atari Xl, X64, X86
Inne treści związane z tematem
[Atari] AtariOnLine: Spowiedź autora #2
W ciągu ostatniego roku mieliśmy już na zoomie rozmowy z takimi autorami jak Bocianu, Ilmenit, K.K., Mono, mgr_inż_Rafał, czy ostatnio w nowej formule Shanti77. Już w najbliższy piątek, 4 grudnia 2020 roku, o godzinie 21:00, na naszym kanale zoom spotkamy się w tej nowej formule z Tomaszem "tbxx" Boksą, jednym z redaktorów serwisu "RetroAge.net", ...
[Atari] AtariOnLine: U nas wszystko gra! MegaLoMania #7
Dzisiaj o 18:00 TDC ponownie będzie grał w "MegaLoMania" na Atari ST, przy okazji komentując tę rozgrywkę i strategię postępowania. Seria ma już swoich wiernych fanów, dlatego poniżej przypominam wszystkie sześć odcinków (to łącznie prawie 31 godzin nagrania!), a dzisiaj zapraszam na siódmą odsłonę, ponoć będzie ...
[Atari.Area] hatari 2.3.0
Wydano nową wersję emulatora Hatari
Hatari emuluje 16/32 bitowe komputery Atari (ST/MEGA ST/STE/MEGA STE/Falcon/TT)
Emulator można znaleźć pod adresem http://hatari.tuxfamily.org/. Lista nowości jest bardzo obszerna, zachęcamy do przeczytania informacji o wydaniu.
[Atari.Area] TTrack - nowa wersja trackera na duże Atari
Jak można się dowiedzieć ze strony projektu - dostępna jest nowa wersja trackera obsługująca układ Yamaha na ST. Co nowego? Pozwolę sobie przekleić:
TTrak beta V1.02 // Release Notes
Some highlights you can look forward to:
Advanced Waveform editing UI
Morphing Wavetable timer waveforms
FM timer effect
Link multiple partial intruments together to ...
[Atari] AtariOnLine: Dzisiaj "Środowisko prasowe" #12
Tradycji musi stać się zadość, zapraszamy na środowy przegląd prasy komputerowej (oczywiście tej z lat 80. i 90., a nie współczesnej). Wpadajcie ze wspomnieniami, informacjami, wrażeniami, pomysłami. Start o godzinie 20:00 w tym miejscu. A tu odcinek 11, na którym zdążyliśmy rozpocząć przeglądanie piątego numeru "Moje ...