Nowe wersja testowa Altirry, emulatora ATARI XE/XL/5200. I znów trochę przyjemności w ustawieniach obrazu.
Ostatnia pełna wersja tego emulatora, jaka publicznie została udostępniona to Alirra 3.20 z 23 czerwca 2019 r.
Altirra 3.90 Beta XIX 23/11/2019
- Display: Color settings can be saved and loaded from external files.
- Display: Added new default preset for PAL.
- Display: The Hue Start slider in color settings now has the same I-Q angle definition in PAL quirks mode and works in PAL high artifacting mode.
- UI: Added options for controlling mouse pointer visibility.
- AltirraOS: Fixed an SIO issue with an out-of-spec short delay from asserting the command line to first command byte.
- AltirraOS: Fixed disk boot issues if a PBI device or cartridge init routine issued an SIO request with DAUX2 > 0 before the disk boot.
- AltirraOS: The boot screen now resets the Break key state properly after a boot is interrupted by the Break key.
- Disk: Seek sounds no longer overlap when disk access is accelerated..
- AltirraOS bumped to 3.23, fixes an issue with the SIO routine sending the first command byte too quickly after asserting the command line, which was causing out-of-spec timings. Also fixes a possible conflict between the disk boot and PBI devices that may issue pre-boot SIO calls, and an issue with the Break key on the boot screen.
- Drive sounds are now queued in audio groups internally so that seek sounds can be superceded. This prevents seek sounds from piling up when running with SIO patch enabled, since the disk operation completes before the seek sound does.
- Added settings in Configure System > Display to control mouse pointer visibility.
- The Adjust Colors dialog can now load and save color settings to files, and also fixed some issues with color axis labels. Red/green/blue have been relabeled as color differences R-Y/G-Y/B-Y to be more accurate.
- The Hue Start setting now has a different meaning for PAL quirks mode: it now means the angle of hue 1 in I-Q space for consistency with the other modes, instead of the weird value meaning it had before.
- The hue start setting is no longer locked in PAL high artifacting mode, which now supports this setting.
- The default PAL preset has been tweaked a bit to better conform to some color palette screenshots from PAL systems. The hue step has been lowered to show the characteristic PAL color band jumps and to make the Gr.0 screen a bit less greenish, and the hue start has been set to -12 degrees from +I to align hue 1 with the PAL swinging colorburst.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XXVII 22/02/2020
Chuckie Egg (A&F Software Ltd., 1985)
Altirra 3.90 Beta XXVII 22/02/2020
- AltirraOS: Improved native mode compatibility of 816 version.
- CPU: 65C816 (dp,X) addressing mode now always wraps in emulation mode when accessing high byte regardless of DP.
- CPU: 65C816 (dp) addressing mode properly wraps in emulation mode with DP aligned, except for PEI (dp).
- CPU: 65C816 WDM instruction now properly fetches two bytes.
- Devices: 65C816 emulation fixes for Veronica.
- VFS: Fixed zip/gz paths with non-ASCII characters not being encoded properly and getting dropped on restart.
Fixes a bug with the emulator not persisting mounted disks across runs when they come from a .zip file with non-ASCII characters in the filename.
AltirraOS bumped to 3.14, fixes only in the 65C816 version. Sysdev device (@:) no longer returns bogus data, fixed a crashing issue in the screen editor, and added a workaround for slow boot with SpartaDOS X 4.48 (it expects to be able to read mainline A/X/Y registers from the stack from the VBI handler in native mode).
A few 65C816 fixes to both the main '816 emulator and to Veronica, mostly corner case direct page wrapping bugs but also a bug with WDM being a 1-byte instead of 2-byte instruction. To give you an idea of how bizarrely inconsistent the '816 is:
- (dp) wraps within the direct page when reading the high address byte in emulation mode, except if DL > 0, except for PEI (dp) which always crosses pages.
- (dp,X) in emulation mode wraps within the direct page when reading the low address byte, except when DL > 0, but always wraps in emulation mode when reading the high byte. Which means that if D=$0001 and X=$FF, LDA ($FF,X) reads the address from $01FF and $0100.
- (dp),Y in emulation mode wraps within the direct page when DL = 0 and crosses pages for DL > 0, for both low and high address bytes. Which means that (dp,X) with X=0 and (dp),Y with Y=0 can read different addresses.
- [dp] and [dp],Y always cross pages, period.
Fortunately, none of this crazy affects 6502/65C02 code executing with default D=0 or in native mode.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XXVI 13/02/2020
Altirra 3.90 Beta XXVI 13/02/2020
- Audio: Individual channels on the secondary POKEY can now be muted.
- Disk: FD1771 FDC now properly times out in two revolutions instead of five in 810 full drive mode.
- Secondary POKEY channels can now be muted.
- Fixed a bug in the co6502 trace cache that caused some bogus execution histories for 810 full drive emulators.
- Fixed 810 full drives improperly taking too long when attempting to boot with no disk in the drive, causing boot commands to time out. This started happening due to the fixes to RIOT emulation; the additional bug here was not emulating the FD1771's behavior of failing after only two revolutions instead of five like newer FDCs.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XXV 9/02/2020
Beach Head (Access Software, Inc., 1983)
Altirra 3.90 Beta XXV 9/02/2020
- Fixed a couple of crashes in the video recording path in the 32-bit build and for CPUs without SSE4.1 support.
- Launch help file in dark theme if the emulator is configured for it.
- Screenshots now have software effects applied when hardware effects are enabled.
- Fixed SAP type R recorder checking the wrong registers for initial silence detection: it was using AUDFx bits 0-3 instead of AUDCx.
- Fixed a rare crash when ejecting a disk at a specific time during an unaccelerated disk read.
- Custom device support updates:
- Local variables are now supported in script.
- Fixed broken ! operator in script.
- Added loop statement.
- Added support for script cooperative threading.
- Added support for custom PBI devices.
- Added support for raw (byte-level) SIO.
- Added support for asynchronous events between the emulator and network server.
- Device cold reset is now forced after hot-reload.
- Added new sample custom devices: R-Verter and raw SIO based disk drive.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XXIV 21/01/2020
Altirra 3.90 Beta XXIII 21/01/2020
- Rewrote JSON parsing code for tighter validation -- unexpected object members are now an error to catch typos.
- Cart_mode for memory layers can now be "auto" based on address range.
- Offset is now optional for SIO auto_transfers.
- Added "vblank" script event.
- Added controller port support.
Check circlepaddles.atdevice for a controller port example -- you can now drive the controller inputs rather than trying to fudge the memory accesses. Again, not really an intended use, but if you were crazy enough you could try to write a TASBot with this.
It's correct that you can't overlay hardware registers -- the memory layer priority is hardcoded at cartridge right now. I'll probably add support for relative priority between layers, but I haven't decided whether to allow the full freedom for changing layer priorities yet. Some of the priority stacks in the emulator can get pretty complex when you have a bunch of devices installed (130XE + Rapidus + U1MB + BlackBox + SDX + R-Time 8).
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XXIII 18/01/2020
Altirra 3.90 Beta XXIII 18/01/2020
- Debugger: Input byte (ib) now correctly issues read cycles with side effects in the main CPU address space.
- Fixes regression where images mounted from within a zip file weren't being remounted after an emulator restart.
- Debugger 'ib' command wasn't actually issuing intended reads with side effects in non-coprocessor targets.
- Debugger now recognizes the 6809 RTI instruction as a subroutine ender in the .dumpdsm command.
- Percom RFD ROM revisions are now recognized by the firmware scan (with thanks to Nezgar for the endless disk drive research).
- Support for switching to dark theme in the help file.
- Now for what I've actually been working on for a while: initial support for custom devices. It is now possible to implement some types of devices, including cartridges and SIO devices, with just a text editor without having to modify the emulator. There's a built-in small scripting language for behavior like bank-switching, and the ability to connect to an external server to do more complex logic or external interactions.
The full specification is in the help file. There are also samples included for an R-Time 8, a RespeQt-compatible SIO clock, a 64K SpartaDOS X cartridge, a SuperCharger 3D cartridge, and an 820 printer which prints the output to a Python-based server. Fair warning, my Python is pretty bad, and the deviceserver could use some more refactoring (its API predates the scripting engine).
This is intended to help with prototyping or one-off devices where it doesn't make sense to integrate into the emulator yet. For instance, a while ago someone wanted help with implementing an SIO protocol for a device being made so that a flasher could be tested. I couldn't help out with this because it would have had to be written in C++ and it wasn't something I could ship. With this, the protocol could be implemented in a quick .atdevice file for a one-off. Similarly, if we end up with a mystery cartridge, this'll make it possible to quickly try a bunch of banking methods that may not be implemented yet.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XXII 30/12/20
Altirra 3.90 Beta XXII 30/12/2019
- Debugger: Verifier supports detecting access to non-canonical hardware addresses.
- Input: The keyboard layout editor now warns if the key mapping being added conflicts with a keyboard shortcut.
- Input: Character mappings in custom keyboard layouts didn't work for non-ASCII extended characters.
- Input: Changes to custom keyboard layouts didn't take effect immediately.
- Major work on compatibility database support. Custom checksums replaced with SHA256, added 50Hz/60Hz tags, tapes can now be matched, fixed a bug where some tags didn't apply properly if a profile switch was involved, fixed broken delete title and quick search in the compat editor, warn on invalid aliases, UI auto-loads the external database on open if source is present, and editor window is resizable.
- Keyboard fixes: binding to non-ASCII cooked keys, such as those in Latin-1, now works; fixed an issue where changes to a custom keyboard layout didn't necessarily take effect immediately. The keyboard customization UI also warns you if you are assigning a key that conflicts with a keyboard shortcut.
- Verifier can now flag code accessing non-canonical hardware addresses.
- Fixed some bugs in the Amdek AMDC configuration UI.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XXI 15/12/19
Satan's Hollow (Bally Midway Mfg Co., 1984)
Altirra 3.90 Beta XXI 15/12/2019
- Devices: XEP80 can now be switched to different controller ports.
- XEP80 can now be configured for any joystick port.
- Fixed save state issue with certain memory patterns (not Windows 10 related).
- Regarding the Swedish keyboard issue, it looks like there are a couple of bugs: cooked (character) mappings aren't working for extended characters, and changes to the custom keymap don't take effect immediately. Until those are fixed, bind Shift+4 as a virtual key and then toggle the current keymap to natural/direct and then back to custom to make it work.
→ NOWSZY [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XX 08/12/19
Far Away Demo (2019, Agenda)
Altirra 3.90 Beta XX 08/12/2019
- UI: Added audio scope for viewing raw POKEY output.
- UI: Audio monitor positioning can now be customized.
- CPU: Fixed extra instruction being run occasionally for a DLI delayed by WSYNC.
- Fixed a bug with high-pass optimization at volume level 0 that was causing some PDM glitches.
- Fixed an issue with denormals since the split filter changes that was using a bit of CPU time when everything went quiet. This was previously handled, but the mitigation code was bypassed in the new code.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes UI wouldn't display in full-screen mode in DirectX 11 mode while the emulator was paused. (This doesn't apply to modal UI that forced an exit from full-screen mode.)
- Fixed enhanced text mode sometimes not drawing its first frame properly.
- Started on HUD customization, available from View menu -- you can now move and resize HUD elements. Currently this is only supported for a few of the audio graphs. Note that there was some major UI system rework under the hood, so there may be some bugs with indicators.
- Added audio scope that shows the waveform coming out of POKEY, with all four channels. This is tapped between the two amplifier stages, so it uses a 64KHz source and shows the short time constant high-pass effect.
- Fixed a bug in the CPU emulation where an NMI was being improperly held off for one instruction if it had been delayed due to RDY cycles from WSYNC. Those RDY cycles now count against the timing check.
→ [ATARI] Altirra x86 i x64 3.90 test XVIII 7/11/19
[Broken] Altirra 3.90 Beta XVIII 07/11/2019
- Fixes the stereo right channel visualizer, and also fixes an issue I found where some periodic cleanup wasn't occurring on the secondary POKEY which might cause issues after a long period of time.
[Broken] Altirra 3.90 Beta XV 03/11/2019
BUG: Synopsis: Altirra-3.90-test15 crashes just after loading. No response. No error message. Once loaded it stays on screen for few seconds. The mouse pointer changes to blue circle. Then it vanishes. Edit: Both of Altirra.exe and the 64 version act the same."
- POKEY accuracy fix for two-tone mode -- 1.79MHz timers now properly reflect the additional two cycle delay in their period.
- Some internal rework of the POKEY rendering path to support more efficient sound processing, and possibly better filtering in the future to improve suppression of ultrasonics.
- PIA motor control audio noise volume reduced to not be quite as loud.
- Audio monitor improved. The audio monitor now reflects the slightly different frequency for two-tone mode and displays indicators for two-tone mode and asynchronous receive mode (2 and A). The way that the audio monitor samples the audio output has also been rewritten so that it can do better filtering on the output to produce the waveform. This means that it can now show some high-frequency effects that were previously either invisible or looked like noise (sawtooth, scanline-aligned PWM). This also fixes the bug that caused the audio monitor to blank out on redraws. The time base for the audio monitor is slightly different now, with vertical blank now at the front of the graph.
- R/W disk flush errors now print an error message to the screen indicating the OS level error (typically Access Denied). Not very happy about all the various sync programs causing file locking conflicts in this regard (that's what oplocks are for), but I'll have to figure out a workaround at some point.
This fixes a couple of the reported two-tone bugs, though there is still a third one I'm pursuing:
POKEY Bug Report 2 with clock
Thanks to the new toy, I know what's going on and just need to figure out the exact rules for it (the 5-bit noise generator is being sampled with an irregular period, which now that I know the period cycle counts does match the known LFSR).
Tagi: Atari, Atari 5200, Altirra, Emulator, Test, Atari Xe, Atari Xl, X64, X86
Inne treści związane z tematem
[Atari] AtariOnLine: KazKompo 2019 wystartowało!
W zamierzchłych czasach styczniową tradycją na AtariOnline.pl było głosowanie na najlepszą atarowską grę na świecie czyli KazKompo (KK). Potem edycje konkursowe się opóźniały, by za rok 2016 odbyć się z dużym opóźnieniem dopiero w grudniu 2017 roku. Kolejne, za rok 2017 i 2018 w ogóle się nie odbyły, bo nie ...
[multi] BizHawk x64 2.3.3
Nowa wersja multiemulatora BizHawk. napisany w C# multiemulator pozwala udawać konsole: Nintendo Entertainment System / Famicom / Famicom Disk System (NES/FDS), Super Nintendo (SNES), Nintendo 64, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Super Gameboy, Sega Master System, SG-1000, Game Gear, Sega Genesis / Sega-CD, Sega Saturn, PC-Engine (TurboGrafx-16) / CD-ROM, SuperGrafx, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari ...
[Atari] AtariOnLine: Zaprzyjaźniona strona o C64
Jak już informowaliśmy w tym wątku na Forum Atarum, zaprzyjaźnieni z nami komodorowcy kilka dni temu uruchomili nową stronę o C64, jak czytamy w pierwszym wpisie: "Dzisiaj jest 10.01.2020. Ogłaszamy oficjalne uruchomienie nowego portalu. Portalu, który chcieliśmy aby istniał w polskim internecie od dawna. Marzyło nam się miejsce będące ...
[Atari] AtariOnLine: Po KWAS-ie #18
Jakoś tak wyszło, że każde dotychczasowe spotkanie KWAS-owe jest inne, niepowtarzalne, bo jak dotąd za każdym razem w innym miejscu, w innym składzie, w innej sytuacji, o różnym klimacie. O tym zresztą można podyskutować w tym wątku, gdzie znajdują się też najnowsze informacje na temat KWAS-ów. Numer osiemnasty odbył się ...
[Atari.Area] Galeria grafik na Lost Party 2020
Organizatorzy nadchodzącego Lost Party ogłosili akcję polegającą na zgłaszaniu najlepszych grafik na 8-bitowe komputery:
Chcemy przygotować galerię najlepszych grafik na poszczególne komputery. Ale naprawdę najlepszych!
Jeżeli masz swoją propozycję, to wklej ją poniżej jako .png, fajnie jeśli napiszesz kto jest autorem i gdzie ta praca została upubliczniona (abyśmy mogli ...