Nowa wersja testowa emulatora arcade maszynek SEGA MODEL III. Aby cieszyć się tymi zmianami, które jednak zachodzą w tym emulatorze trzeba dodać koniecznie jeden parametr do ini: New3DEngine = 1 lub z linii komend dodać switch -new3d.
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN676
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 5 listopada 2017 14:25:33
- Update step 1.5 luminous logic with Harry's findings. Fixes various shading issues.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 19 października 2017 22:48:53
- Finish the hash function (Harry Tuttle)
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 7 października 2017 14:39:30
- Remove fixed shading check from specular.
Author: trzy | Date: 6 października 2017 03:04:49
- Makefile fixes: Moved Windows-specific source files out of Makefile.inc, using 'bin' and 'obj' when bits are not explicitly set, and changed output file to Supermodel rather than Supermodel.exe, which works on all platforms.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 5 października 2017 21:15:00
- Star wars is the only game to pass unsigned fixed shaded values (per vertex brightness) to the renderer. Originally we thought that the specular flag would turn on unsigned values since it's the only game to set specular with these polys, but this logic turned out to be incorrect. The JTAG interface seems to config the GPU to turn on this functionality. (Harry Tuttle)
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 5 października 2017 20:54:36
- update visual studio project
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 5 października 2017 20:49:08
- update spotlight code (Harry Tuttle)
Author: trzy | Date: 5 października 2017 04:17:48
- Harry's patch: add dirtdvlsj and change "Star Wars Trilogy" to "Star Wars Trilogy Arcade"
Author: trzy | Date: 5 października 2017 04:14:02
- New, saner Makefiles. They still require some customization but share a core Makefile include with auto-generation of dependencies. Multi-threaded building (e.g., make -j6) is supported now.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 30 września 2017 21:05:04
- add missing header
Author: trzy | Date: 27 września 2017 15:20:09
- Get rid of unused variable warning
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 26 września 2017 02:30:08
- Fix the sky in one of the levels in virtua on. The problem was caused by the fact we didn't split the mesh by the fog % burn through, so all the polys had the same value. We could use a vertex attrib, but % burn through fog is so rarely used and when it is, normally every poly in the mesh has the same value.
Author: trzy | Date: 25 września 2017 02:05:10
- Fix tiny memory leak
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 września 2017 00:49:20
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 września 2017 00:39:53
- update project files
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 września 2017 00:36:12
- work around for visual studio bug
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 września 2017 00:14:39
- fix missing header
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 września 2017 00:03:31
- cannot specify explicit initializer for arrays - fix for visual studio
Author: trzy | Date: 24 września 2017 22:52:48
- New work-in-progress frame timing code (disabled by default, compile with NEW_FRAME_TIMING defined to activate it)
- New JTAG emulation, moved into its own class, CJTAG
- Removed game-specific sun clamp hacks from CNew3D (JTAG and Real3D emulation will call the appropriate method to configure this at run-time)
- Removed JTAG from Real3D save state data and reused some of that space for new state variables having to do with the internal JTAG-based config as well as new frame timing state variables
Author: trzy | Date: 24 września 2017 22:49:31
- Added functions to safely read and write bools
Author: trzy | Date: 24 września 2017 20:40:58
- Added functions to extract bits as integer values and updated comment about bit vector layout
Author: trzy | Date: 23 września 2017 18:08:27
- Added SetOnes() and SetZeros()
Author: trzy | Date: 23 września 2017 17:40:20
- Safe guard against shifting empty register.
Author: trzy | Date: 23 września 2017 17:33:26
- Hex formatting support extended to 64 bits.
Author: trzy | Date: 23 września 2017 17:03:06
- Added ShiftOutLeft() and ShiftOutRight()
Author: trzy | Date: 23 września 2017 16:42:05
- Renamed shift in/out functions to add/remove to be less ambiguous about their functionality
Author: trzy | Date: 19 września 2017 21:43:06
- Added ToHexString() and made ostream serialization use this
Author: trzy | Date: 18 września 2017 06:24:23
- Fix for VS2015 and newer by MetalliC
Author: trzy | Date: 7 września 2017 21:33:25
- Added BitRegister class (for use in upcoming JTAG refactor): an inefficient but flexible container for manipulating a dynamic bit stream.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 6 września 2017 15:07:39
- Calculating the length of the vertex results in quite broken values for fogging when the vertices are traversing the view frustum. The hardware also wouldn't have been doing a square root per vertex for fogging. Simply using the z values is enough. Todo check clamping of values for the near/far planes.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 2 września 2017 16:54:16
- add interface for sun clamp
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 30 sierpnia 2017 23:45:25
- Optimise vertex data to cut down on unnecessary copying
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 29 sierpnia 2017 12:27:29
- Modern hardware does backface culling in window space by calculating the face normal for the polygon, then doing a dot product against the view vector. The real3d pro-1000 on the other hand passes a pre-calculated face normal for each polygon which is used for culling. We were using this face normal to rewind the polygons so that regular backface culling would work. This worked 99.9% of the time. However this was failing on some models in Virtua Striker. The reason was because the pre-calculated face normals being passed were actually completely different to the actual face normals for the poly (not just inverted like you would expect). This broke our code. The solution was to emulate face culling directly in the vertex shader using the pre-calculated face normals directly. Only minimally tested this but hopefully there are no obvious regressions.
Author: trzy | Date: 29 sierpnia 2017 03:28:21
- DMA and register space access for Real3D have been unified and CReal3D::ReadRegister() returns little endian data now that the PowerPC handler byte-swaps back, to be consistent with how DMA registers work.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 26 sierpnia 2017 00:40:39
- Changed fixed shaded logic for step 1.5 hw based upon Harry's findings
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 22 sierpnia 2017 01:00:29
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 19 sierpnia 2017 22:06:31
- Harry made some important discoveries with regards to fixed shading on the model 3 (per vertex poly brightness values). Firstly values are allowed to be negative, and they are used as a drop in replacement in the standard lighting equation for the normal dot light vector. This quite radically changes the brightness in LA Machine guns, but now correctly matches the arcade.
Author: trzy | Date: 19 sierpnia 2017 21:29:05
- Patched Sega Rally 2 DX to boot up. Enjoy Sega Rall 2 without MPEG music at 50% speed ;)
Author: trzy | Date: 19 sierpnia 2017 21:27:58
- Fixed up memory region dumping code to use the new Util::FlipEndian functions
Author: trzy | Date: 16 sierpnia 2017 02:58:39
- Fixed a bug in MCRFS instruction related to the VXSOFT, VXSQRT, and VXCVI bits. Thanks to Spindizzi.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 16 sierpnia 2017 01:21:57
- Finish fixed shading for 2.0 hardware. I'm pretty sure it actually works identically to step 1.5 hardware. The oddball is LA machine guns where the viewport ambient doesn't seem to effect the brightness. But the ambient works differently in this game because it uses the unclamped light model. Still need to investigate if the diffuse factor effects fixed shading.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 15 sierpnia 2017 22:50:36
- With fixed shading, when lighting is disabled, fixed shading appears to be a flat shaded version based upon the poly colour, instead of per vertex attributes.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 15 sierpnia 2017 22:45:08
- Pad struct and align on 4 byte boundary.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 15 sierpnia 2017 01:30:34
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 14 sierpnia 2017 18:10:26
- fixed shading doesn't effect the alpha channel
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 14 sierpnia 2017 11:14:06
- Fixed shading (per vertex poly colours) on step 1.5 hardware have the viewport ambient value added to them. This fixes various shading on scud. To do this had to switch the maths to the vertex shader.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 11 sierpnia 2017 13:59:41
- Fix attribute locations. glBindAttribLocation must be called linking
Author: trzy | Date: 11 sierpnia 2017 02:41:10
- Added support for loading shaders from files for new engine and tile renderer. Changed help text to reflect new engine being default.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 10 sierpnia 2017 17:59:16
- make the new3d engine default :] Legacy engine can still be selected using -legacy3d in the command line
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 10 sierpnia 2017 17:43:03
- use generic vertex attributes
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 10 sierpnia 2017 01:25:01
- Technically matrix casts are only allowed in glsl 1.2 and later
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 9 sierpnia 2017 23:40:48
- Remove debug code
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 9 sierpnia 2017 18:56:56
- Sometime ago I managed to work out that specular on the model3 is not real specular, and really is just an extension of diffuse lighting. But attempts were derailed by corner cases and the fact we were not handling the normals correctly. Anyway Harry managed to successfully come up with an algorithm, and coefficients that give an almost perfect match to specular on the model3, based soley on observations from video footage! He also worked out that the lighting on hardware 1.5 onwards appears to be unclamped (ie greater than 1). This quite radically changes the brightness of some of the games, but much better matches the original hardware.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 3 sierpnia 2017 13:05:04
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 3 sierpnia 2017 12:41:18
- Add the unclamped light model we know exists to the shaders.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 2 sierpnia 2017 01:48:53
- Ski champ for some reason is passing denormalised numbers for the modelscale. This is causing a NaN in our shader killing the lighting for these models, so we simply skip these, since they are essentially zero anyway. Thanks to Harry for finding this bug :)
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 29 lipca 2017 18:30:30
- We were force normalising the result of matrix * normal, which looked correct in most cases. But this didn't preserve the scaling of the matrix, or the scaling of the model normals which resulted in many over bright areas. On it's own this generally worked, but games like Star Wars looked quite broken. Harry correctly figured out if you scale these normals by the scaling value that is sometimes present in the culling nodes the lighting looks correct. Still more work to do to correctly figure out the model3's lighting model.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 22 lipca 2017 19:15:14
- Implement unclamped light model based upon Harry's findings. Unknown how this is turned on/off.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 8 lipca 2017 12:55:14
- Use c++11 raw string literals
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN617
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 29 czerwca 2017 21:05:30
- Clamp the ambient light to a max of 0.75. LA Machine guns seems to use an ambient value of 1, which is full bright for everything. But for some reason the hardware seems to treat this as ~ 0.75. This fixes various missing shading in the game. This doesn't seem to have any negative effects on other games I have tested. Clamping in the shader as we might need the full range of values for fixed shading.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 czerwca 2017 22:09:45
- remove WIP code
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 czerwca 2017 21:50:02
- convert sun angle coordinate system outside of the shader
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN614
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 21 czerwca 2017 19:04:53
- A second go at fixing the fixed lighting in star wars .. Fixed shading is per vertex poly colours. For some reason in star wars they are treated as unsigned values instead of signed, like in every other game. These polys are all marked with specular enabled, where as in the rest of the games they are missing this flag. That's the only difference I can find.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 20 czerwca 2017 23:44:58
- fix double offset
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 20 czerwca 2017 22:13:42
- Revert previous fixed shading changes. Implement new logic for fixed shading on step 1.5 hardware based upon Harry's findings.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 20 czerwca 2017 21:46:06
- remove debug code
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 17 czerwca 2017 18:05:54
- Fix the fix shading in star wars. Fixed shading still needs some work for mag truck and dirt devils to match the arcade.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 8 czerwca 2017 01:16:22
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 8 czerwca 2017 01:14:01
- Tweak scroll fog logic again .. should fix missing 2d fogging in Spikeout.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 6 maja 2017 18:47:31
- rewrite scroll fog logic
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 kwietnia 2017 02:31:39
- Remove debug code
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 kwietnia 2017 02:10:55
- minor culling node optimisations
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 20 kwietnia 2017 21:46:40
- don't need cast, conversion is implicit
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 20 kwietnia 2017 21:43:41
- better state handling
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 17 kwietnia 2017 12:40:07
- parse out some culling node values
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 15 kwietnia 2017 21:00:46
- There are 2 bits in the polyheader labelled discard. When both are set ie in sega rally, the polygons are totally discarded. Scud seems to set bit 1 which seems halve the opacity.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 15 kwietnia 2017 01:41:11
- The real3d has a flag that allows the hw to skip polygons so that they aren't rendered. Sega rally2 uses this for the dust effects. Triangles or quads that have this flag are junk, and look like random corruption if you try to draw them. We assumed polys that shared vertices with these bad polygons were also bad. It turns out the last few shared vertices in these polys were in fact valid, and thus the entire quad/triangle strip should be drawn and not discarded.
Author: trzy | Date: 14 kwietnia 2017 19:09:33
- Linux Makefile fixed by Sergio Benjamin
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 14 kwietnia 2017 02:08:17
- light parameters must be clamped (HarryTuttle)
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 12 kwietnia 2017 17:47:57
- Virtua fighter has a few massive polys that shouldn't be visible. It looks like these polys have a bad matrix, but the node distances are all zero. This means the bounding box that encapsulates them is of size zero. Skipping over these entirely seems to fix the issue.
Author: trzy | Date: 12 kwietnia 2017 04:41:02
- Updated Util::Config::Node unit tests with multiple leaf node test
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 11 kwietnia 2017 13:11:45
- remove unused variable
Author: trzy | Date: 11 kwietnia 2017 09:03:47
- Extended -gfx-state to produce culling node analysis
Author: trzy | Date: 11 kwietnia 2017 09:03:10
- Fixed behavior of Util::Config::Node when adding nested nodes (only leaf level can be duplicated; e.g., foo/bar and foo/bar will create one foo with two bar children, rather than two foo each with one bar).
Author: trzy | Date: 9 kwietnia 2017 17:27:43
- Spindizzi's SCSP DSP fix for the VF3TB cave stage
Author: trzy | Date: 9 kwietnia 2017 17:08:02
- Hooked up the command line help options (thanks, Spindizzi!) and updated copyright info
Author: trzy | Date: 9 kwietnia 2017 02:10:38
- Removed unnecessary patches from lemans24
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 8 kwietnia 2017 23:01:11
- add missing include
Author: trzy | Date: 8 kwietnia 2017 20:30:29
- Removed patches from source code and moved them into game XML file. Created ROMSet.cpp. Print a more descriptive error when game XML file fails to load.
Author: trzy | Date: 8 kwietnia 2017 20:28:49
- Updated help text to include -game-xml-file option
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN586
Author: trzy | Date: 7 kwietnia 2017 06:42:04
- Harry Tuttle's fixes to fishing controls: invert fishing rod y and fishing stick y axis values so setting a negative axis is not necessary. Also changed reel to an analog input (similar to a pedal), whose neutral position is 0.
Author: trzy | Date: 7 kwietnia 2017 06:30:27
- Harry Tuttle's change to Harley gear shift to use a single bit instead of two (no detectable difference in behavior, though)
Author: trzy | Date: 6 kwietnia 2017 05:23:32
- Removed unused file: Game.cpp
Author: trzy | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 22:57:40
- Fixed lamachin title -- thanks Jiterdomer!
Author: trzy | Date: 6 kwietnia 2017 05:23:32
- Removed unused file: Game.cpp
Author: trzy | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 22:57:40
- Fixed lamachin title -- thanks Jiterdomer!
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 21:32:01
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 19:57:38
- Daytona seems to use this completely undocumented feature of the real3d pro-1000, the ability to invert texture colours. This patch fixes the colours on the cars, and the signs which should flash by alternating their colours.
Author: trzy | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 18:19:08
- Removed last vestiges of CINIFile from input system and removed Games.cpp, INIFile.cpp, and ROMLoad.cpp
Author: trzy | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 18:17:57
- Using Game::INPUT_* instead of obsolete GAME_INPUT_*
Author: trzy | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 07:35:45
- Changes by Harry Tuttle: game list more accurately reflects MAME's, added a root level XML "games" node, print ROM version along with title
Author: trzy | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 01:28:06
- Fixed graphics state analyzer
Author: trzy | Date: 5 kwietnia 2017 01:27:39
- Added cstring
Author: trzy | Date: 4 kwietnia 2017 07:27:37
- Added remaining games largely thanks to the efforts of the mysterious '阳阳'
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 3 kwietnia 2017 14:02:49
- more whitespace ..
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 3 kwietnia 2017 14:01:37
- white space ..
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 3 kwietnia 2017 14:00:25
- Cache dereferenced values. Cuts loading time from 15 to 5 seconds in debug mode :)
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN569
Games defined in Config/Games.xml: ROM Set Title ------- ----- dayto2pe Daytona 2 Power Edition eca Emergency Call Ambulance fvipers2 Fighting Vipers 2 lamachin L.A. Machineguns: Rise of the Machines lostwsga The Lost World magtruck Magical Truck Adventure oceanhun The Ocean Hunter scud Scud Race swtrilgy Star Wars Trilogy vf3 Virtua Fighter 3
Author: trzy | Date: 3 kwietnia 2017 07:34:23
- Included cstring for memcpy
Author: trzy | Date: 3 kwietnia 2017 03:03:38
- Rewrote large parts of ROM loading code to more gracefully handle merged sets where overwritten parent ROMs are not present. Better handling of multiple zip files. Optimized ROM loading when stride and chunk size are equal and got rid of safety checks that I don't believe are necessary any longer.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 2 kwietnia 2017 23:03:59
- Rewrite the spot light code, and implement the missing fog logic. (HarryTuttle)
Author: trzy | Date: 1 kwietnia 2017 07:08:50
- Fixed missing file detection (set_difference requires inputs sorted by desired key) and improved error reporting
Author: trzy | Date: 31 marca 2017 07:32:16
- Made scuda a child set of scud
Author: trzy | Date: 31 marca 2017 07:23:34
- Removed TODO comment
Author: trzy | Date: 31 marca 2017 07:23:04
- Smarter game selection when a zip file contains multiple games (prefer child when parent is also present in zip)
Author: trzy | Date: 31 marca 2017 06:44:45
- Warn about parent ROM sets having parent defined (not allowed)
Author: trzy | Date: 31 marca 2017 06:27:09
- Print missing files from games
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN560
Author: trzy | Date: 30 marca 2017 08:17:34
- Support loading of parent ROM sets (e.g., scudp will load scud)
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 29 marca 2017 00:28:46
- compile fixes
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 28 marca 2017 23:02:14
- MSYS2 compile fix (HarryTuttle)
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 28 marca 2017 22:24:44
- Replace glsl 3 function. Apparently this doesn't work on OS X.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 28 marca 2017 21:33:16
- fix compile warnings
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN555
Author: trzy | Date: 28 marca 2017 06:03:38
- Sort games found in zip file by descending order of matching files so that game with the *most* matching files is picked
Author: trzy | Date: 28 marca 2017 06:01:50
- Added: bass, daytona2, dirtdvls, harley, lemans24, scuda, skichamp, spikeofe, spikeout, von2, vs2, vs298, vs2v991
- Fixed: dayto2pe title
Author: trzy | Date: 28 marca 2017 03:05:35
- Fixed scud mpeg roms
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 28 marca 2017 00:06:23
- don't ask
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 28 marca 2017 00:01:31
- fix project files
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 27 marca 2017 20:15:15
- fix multiple default constructors
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 27 marca 2017 16:14:36
- add missing include
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN548
Author: trzy | Date: 27 marca 2017 05:19:15
- Massive internal change: removed CConfig object and replaced it with a hierarchical config object system (Util::Config::Node). Games are now defined in an XML file. Hopefully I didn't break too many things :/
Author: trzy | Date: 27 marca 2017 05:13:34
- Cosmetic: renamed step to stepping
Author: trzy | Date: 27 marca 2017 05:10:36
- No need to enclose values in quotes when writing INI file. Print that file was saved to console and log.
Author: trzy | Date: 27 marca 2017 05:09:24
- Added a TODO list
Author: trzy | Date: 27 marca 2017 05:08:40
- Added srally2
Author: trzy | Date: 27 marca 2017 04:02:22
- Encapsulated zip file handling and added a "parent" member to the Game struct
Author: trzy | Date: 26 marca 2017 18:38:55
- Checking in GameLoader.cpp, GameLoader.h, and ROMSet.h (not currently used in build) because I need to make a substantial modification in my local tree
Author: trzy | Date: 25 marca 2017 18:39:09
- Fixed dayto2pe sample ROMs
→ [ARCADE] Supermodel 0.3a SVN540
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 25 marca 2017 01:06:24
- The mipmap data in some games seems to being sent behind the base textures, and when the base textures are bound and created the mipmap chain is not yet valid in memory. To fix this, we invalidate the base textures, when the mipmap chain is updated.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 24 marca 2017 21:54:12
- Just use 1 hash map for the textures, instead of 1 for each format. Should greatly speed up texture invalidation. TODO invalidate texture mipmaps .. the h/w actually seems to stream the mipmap data separate from the base textures in some cases.
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 24 marca 2017 18:43:07
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 24 marca 2017 17:51:52
- calculate the correct number of mipmap textures
Author: dukeeeey | Date: 24 marca 2017 14:38:20
- Originally to do mipmapping, I just used the base texture and then let the h/w automatically generate the mipmap chain. I wasn't sure the real3d api even exposed to the programmer the ability to directly set the mipmap data. Anyway, as pointed out by HarryTuttle scud actually uses darker mipmaps for an effect on the water. This patch uses the uses the actual mipmap data from the real3d memory. Only tested scud, so hopefully I didn't cause any cataclysmic errors :)
Author: trzy | Date: 24 marca 2017 06:33:25
- Added fvipers2