Nowa wersja puNES - emulatora jednego z dziesiątek innych udawaczy NINTENDO 8;). W najnowszej wersji program wzbogacił się o możliwość udawania klonu NES8 - Dendy, który podobnie jak nasz Pegasus w Polsce, opanował rosyjski rynek w latach '90.
- Added Dendy Emulation.
- Implemented mappers 221, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 233, 234, 235.
- Implemented a sort of "FCEUX Compatibility mode" and now many other FM2 works well (at least several of the most recent).
- Bug Fixes.
- Added initial support for FM2 files (tas movies). I tested the fm2 files found at http://tasvideos.org/Movies-Verified.html and they all work perfectly. The file must be in the same directory of rom to work properly.
- Added a system to display messages on screen.
- Bug fixes.
- Implemented mappers VRC6 (24 and 26) and VRC7 (85) including their extra audio channels.
- Added extra audio on the mapper Sunsoft 5B (69).
- Added emulation of Turbo A and Turbo B on Standard Controller.
- The Zapper coordinates, in some circumstances, could be read wrong, fixed.
- More accurate Zapper emulation (thx tepples). Right button of mouse emulates the pointing of the Zapper outside the TV screen. So, to make a shoot offscreen, you must press the left mouse button while holding down the right.
- Added Bilinear filter.
- Rearranged the menu filter (Hint: reselect the desired filter and then save the configuration).
- Fixed many bugs in opengl codes (now, on fullscreen, aspect ratio is maintained properly).
- Added Zapper emulation.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Added option to enable or disable the Vsync.
- Added Hqx (2x, 3x, 4x) video filter.
- Added a native version for windows 64bit.
- Added the option to choose between mono or stereo (default from now) sound.
- I discovered that the fullscreen does not work properly in a multi-heads scenario. Fixed for both Windows and Linux (xinerama and multi-desktop).
- Rewritten from scratch sdl sound and optimized most of the code. All this has led an increase in performance between 20 and 30 percent. Now everything is more responsive and fast even on slower computers.
- Added in video settings a "FPS" limiter and a "frame skip" menu to play with in order to find the best configuration for your PC.
- Added "Audio menu".
- Added fastforward key, when you press Shift on the keyboard, the emu runs at double speed.
- Added a popping sound reducer for games (like Castelvania II, Batman, Ninja Gaiden 3) that have a drum imitation that causing a large jump in the output level for a short period of time through the register $4011 (thx to Eugene.s for the report and Tepples for the help).
- Added "Overscan" option in the video menu that reduce the visible scanline from 240 to 224 by cutting the first and the last 8 scanlines. This setting is specific for the rom in use. If you change it, will be remembered when you open them again. If you set to "Default", puNES will always use the setting checked in "Default value" menu.
- In the previous release I have fixed many bugs but it is also true that others have been added, such as an annoying disturbance of sound that, under certain circumstances, could afflict the windows version. Fixed.
- I'have rewritten from scratch the input system and now are supported 2 players, joysticks, it's possible redefine the button of the control pad and also I can implement the emulation of other input devices much more easily.
Fixed various bugs.
- Implemented mappers 114, 150, 176, 177, 178, 180, 182, 183, 186, 243.
- Implemented mappers 56, 121, 132, 133, 136, 137, 138, 139, 141, 142, 143, 145, 146, 147, 149, 156, 171, 172, 173, 175, 184, 185, 189, 208.
- Implemented mappers 16, 108, 112, 113, 115, 117, 118, 119, 120, 148, 158, 159, 193.
- Fixed a bug in delta modulation channel (DMC) codes that now works well.
- Implemented mappers 69, 70, 76, 77, 79, 80, 82, 86, 88, 89, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 99, 107, 152, 154, 206.
- Fixed a bug in the APU code that produced a distorted sound in some games.
- Implemented mappers 12, 15, 38, 41, Namcot (19), Irem (32, 65), Tengen (64), Sunsoft (67, 6).
- Implemented Jaleco mappers (18, 72, 78, 87, 92, 140), VRC1 (75), VRC2 (22 and 23), VRC3 (73) and VRC4 (21, 23, 25).
- Implemented MMC5 mapper (5).
PuNes 0.32 (bugfix release)
- correct another bug in the save system. I have tested many roms and now everything (hopefully) works perfectly. Delete (for the last time [hopefully]) the directory "save" located in the folder "$HOME/.puNES" on linux or "<Documents>/puNES" on Windows.
- for a bug in the save system, the file created on a 32bit machine was different from the one created on a 64bit and one created on a Linux system they could not be used on a Windows system. The error has been corrected but the saves already made are no longer usable. Delete the directory "save" located in the folder "$HOME/.puNES" on linux or "<Documents>/puNES" on Windows. To make better use of the combobox, the used slots will have a black text while the empty ones will have gray text, also passing the mouse over the used slots, will be automatically displayed a screenshot captured at the time of the save. For every laoded rom will always be remembered the last used slot. In the Windows version I'have redesigned the toolbar.