Altirra 2.0.0 test 51 - 19 11 2011
- GTIA: Fixed incorrect color for %1000 pattern in mode 10 with lores ANTIC input.
Altirra 2.0.0 test 50 - 7 11 2011
- Cartridge: Added support for a 5200 64K cartridge with 32K banks.
This version adds a few more file extensions and the 5200 64K cartridge type, and also fixes a 5200 only sound regression that the M.U.L.E. cart exposed. (...) selecting the cartridge mappers for atari 5200 emulator configuration is automatically changed to: 5200-hardware, 5200-firmware, memory 16k, video ntsc
Altirra 2.0.0 test 49 - 5 11 2011
- UI: Added mute option.
- MMU: Sped up extended bank switching.
- Disk: Fixed crash with very short disk images.
- Debugger: Fixed page scrolling in history window after enabling CPU history tracking.
- HLE: S: now supports the Get Status, line, and fill commands.
This version has new file association code based on "Default Programs" in Vista/Win7, as well as a couple of fixes and some CPU optimizations. The downside to this method is that it overrides the old way, so you cannot unassociate types from Altirra and once you have assigned them, the only way to reassign is with Default Programs or with Open With in Explorer. Atari800WinPlus only uses the old method and so you can't assign the types back to it via its UI. It would be possible to put it in Default Programs with a reg file, though.
Altirra 2.0.0 test 47 - 25 10 2011
Fix for a pretty nasty POKEY regression, which I only noticed because I accidentally left the emulator running in the self test for 20 minutes. It caused audio to cut out and eventually a crash. It's probably the only time in history that the built-in audio visual test has ever caught anything.
I need to rework the file type association code because apparently Microsoft decided to make it extra annoying starting with Windows Vista -- I figured out that the effect you're seeing is caused by having done Open With... with the "set as default" checkbox checked. I'm seeing this be a problem with A8WP as well although it's a bit easier to go that way since Altirra deletes its ProgIDs if you disable them (which I'm unfortunately going to have to undo to make this work reliably on Vista and Windows 7). It's going to make portable installation/uninstallation more of a problem, too.
Altirra 2.0.0 test 46 - 24 10 2011
- UI: Request 1ms system timer precision only when unpaused.
- UI: Added option to bind file associations in Windows for image types.
- UI: Added /run, /disk, /tape, and /cart switches to force load types on the command line.
- Input: 1200XL F1-F4 keys can now be enabled in keyboard options.
- Input: ~ key is now an alternate mapping for the inverse key.
- Debugger: Built-in kernel symbols now take priority over loaded symbols.
- HLE: Fixed crash in CIO on OPEN command with unknown device.
Version with fixes for Explore crash, fixes for single instance launch with relative paths, reduced system load when paused, 1200XL F1-F4 keys, an HLE kernel crash, and file association support:
Altirra 2.0.0 test 45 - 18 10 2011
- Disk: DSKINV hook now supports writes to sectors bigger than 128 bytes.
Test-43 contains a fix for an STIMER regression in POKEY; I only discovered it doing PCM audio, but there may be some other digisound code that was affected. This version also has some fixes for double and quad density disk issues:
Altirra 2.0.0 test 44 - 18 10 2011
Altirra 2.0.0 test 43 - 16 10 2011
- For a while now, I've been thinking about ways to do PCM audio on the 8-bit Atari better than the standard 4-bit PCM through volume-only mode. The way this used to be done with the PC speaker was through one-shot mode, which unfortunately POKEY lacks. I tried doing this with two-tone mode but wasn't able to get more than about 4.5-bit precision due to only being able to use the second half of each period. I realized last night that 16-bit linked timers could be used to create a one-shot timer by using the high timer to hold down the low timer after it has fired. The result is the attached music - Les+Barricades+Mysterieuses.zip.
Altirra 2.0.0 test 42 - 13 10 2011
- Debugger: Improved output of .pia command.
- Debugger: Call, loop, and interrupt collapsing in history window can now be toggled.
- Debugger: History window can now show timestamps in cycles, unhalted cycles, and microseconds from an anchor point.
- Debugger: Extended memory syntax now allows access to hidden RAM (r: prefix).
- Debugger: Added .tape and .tapedata commands.
- Debugger: Fixed crash when attempting to load empty file as symbol file.
- Debugger: Source path matching now allows partial path matches both ways and has improved behavior with duplicate filenames in different directories.
- Debugger: Fixed wrapping of frame counter in history window.
- Cassette: Fixed data blocks being silently dropped when reading some .cas files.
- Cassette: Fixed inaccuracy in data rate produced from loading .cas files.
Altirra 2.0.0 test 41 - 29 09 2011
- MMU: Added 320K and 576K Compy Shop configurations.
- Debugger: _ and. are now accepted as part of symbol names in expressions.
Altirra 2.0.0 test 40 - 23 09 2011
- Cartridge: Added support for newer MaxFlash 1MB cartridges that power up in bank 0 instead of bank 127.
- Cartridge: Added support for 1M Megacart (different type with similar name).